Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brunobald
    • Jul 2013

Another possible stimulent?

Preclinical studies showed the Nitric Oxide (NO) gel significantly promoted hair follicle formation and growth in both rat and mouse models.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chromeo
      Therefore, for those sticking to the method laid out in the study, it would not be entirely unrealistic to expect comparable results at a similar early stage. Otherwise it would have to suggest that the subjects of the test must have been exceptionally good responders, or that the results themselves are of questionable authenticity.
      ^ That is a great example of some of the reasons why a real full on study should be done. More study participants need to be included from a wide variety of locations, age groups and general health characteristics - and a full out study should be at least six months but preferably longer.

The reported results of the pilot study are pretty hard to believe - but the idea still has merit. The longer duration of six months minimum is far more realistic and believable.

Comment

• Stevo1
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by brunobald
        http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01347957

Brunobald,

1) Hence, Doctor Proctor was always way ahead of his time as he has used NO in his products for over 22 years, which is how long I have been a patient. In addition, he was always big on the inflamation angle way back when and includes many ingreditents in Proxiphen to combat this.

2) I have always used a derma-rolloer (1.5mm) on & off for product penetration, BUT have started to adhere to the study for almost 3 weeks. Hence, pressing harder (for redness, not bleeding) once a week (now 2 times total). In addition, I roll back and forth more times. RESULTS, believe it or not my hair is getting stronger and seems to be anchored more. Hence, when I do the "PULL TEST" less comes out.

3) More importantly, today I started scratching my scalp and a ton of little flakes came off. HENCE....maybe the healing/natural growth factor process as begun?

4) My Anagen Growth Factors should arrive today and will apply AFTER dermarolling tonight.

5) Also, my pre-mixed CB-03-01 was shipped.

Respectfully,

Stevo1

Comment

• vanityhair
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by brunobald
          http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01347957

Interesting. It says it should have been completed in August - do you know if they have published their results yet?

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

It does indeed. I used it for almost a year.
            So you got some results with Cet? how long did it take, or have you stopped using it?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

Has any one bought derma rollers on ebay? Which ones? I can't buy from amazon (Canada) because just like everything about this rip-off country of Canada, amazon (Canada) is charging triple for the same rollers on US amazon and I don't think the US one sells to Canadians.

Comment

• Chromeo
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                So you got some results with Cet? how long did it take, or have you stopped using it?
                You should see the small hairs beginning to sprout very early on into your Cet regime. I noticed plenty popping up along my hairline, very encouraging. I stopped using it 5 weeks ago to copy the microneedling study. Thinking of getting back on it as it's the only thing I've used up til now that has put hair on my head.

Comment

• Knockin on NW4
                  • Jul 2012

Where did you see this? I saw that people gained peach hair.
                  if i had a dollar for every post that claimed peach fuzz growth...

Comment

• Stevo1
                    • Aug 2013

Interesting today...

I have always used a derma-rolloer (1.5mm) on & off for product penetration, BUT have started to adhere to the study for almost 3 weeks. Hence, pressing harder (for redness, not bleeding) once a week (now 2 times total). In addition, I roll back and forth more times. RESULTS, believe it or not my hair is getting stronger and seems to be anchored more. Hence, when I do the "PULL TEST" less or zero comes out now.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, today I started scratching my scalp and a ton of little flakes came off. HENCE....maybe the healing/natural growth factor process as begun...which would co-incide with intentions of study?

Comment

• chimera
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Stevo1
                      MORE IMPORTANTLY, today I started scratching my scalp and a ton of little flakes came off. HENCE....maybe the healing/natural growth factor process as begun...which would co-incide with intentions of study?
                      Never had flakes off due to the dermaroller before?. Another user doing deep dermaroller who says it's working for him has mentioned heavy flanking too.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by chimera
                        Never had flakes off due to the dermaroller before?. Another user doing deep dermaroller who says it's working for him has mentioned heavy flanking too.
                        I also have lots of flakes, a lot. At first I thought it was because of the minox getting stuck or something. But then I Remembered that this didnt happen before the roller. I just did my 7 session about 30 minutes ago, went as harsh as I could, but now I am thinking about getting a 2mm and some numbing gel. I didn't get any blood out, but it did hurt like hell. I guess al the flakes is the dead skin cells?

Comment

• Stevo1
                          • Aug 2013

I also have lots of flakes, a lot. At first I thought it was because of the minox getting stuck or something. But then I Remembered that this didnt happen before the roller. I just did my 7 session about 30 minutes ago, went as harsh as I could, but now I am thinking about getting a 2mm and some numbing gel. I didn't get any blood out, but it did hurt like hell. I guess al the flakes is the dead skin cells?
                          DesperateOne,

Cool...so you experienced what I did on earlier post.

Like I said in my earlier post, I have used derma-roller before for penetration, but never had flaking.

Now 3 weeks into deeper rolling like study I am getting flakes from dead skin.

Hopefully, this is a good sign and shows the difference of going harder/more rolls per session, unlike when I used for just penetration.

Respectfully,

Stevo1

Comment

• Chromeo
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Knockin on NW4
                            if i had a dollar for every post that claimed peach fuzz growth...
                            Did you actually look at the pictures of growth from the users on the German forum? Quite clear to see if you ask me.

Yes, I have experienced flaking from dermarolling. If you're not experiencing flaking, I'd have to think you are not doing it properly. You need to damage that skin, otherwise you are just wasting your time. Damaged skin discards.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                              • Jul 2013

Did you actually look at the pictures of growth from the users on the German forum? Quite clear to see if you ask me.

Yes, I have experienced flaking from dermarolling. If you're not experiencing flaking, I'd have to think you are not doing it properly. You need to damage that skin, otherwise you are just wasting your time. Damaged skin discards.

I just go my CET today, how many times did you apply it? Did you follow the protocol the Germans put? Dissolve in water and and remove the sluge? And what ratio, I plan to blend it in lipogaine since it already has some good vehicles.

Comment

• doke
                                • Jun 2009

Haha, I was just messing with you, nothing serious.
                                no worries desperate im ok with it haha im using miconazole nitrate with roller with some minox and also american crew recovery shampoo and foam as its got some natural anti dht in it and its one of the easyist to apply after shampoo treatments and not that expensive.

Comment

Working...