S-equol again

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

I would not rely on personal stories or testimony from random forum guy as to whether a treatment works or not.
    I am basically on nothing right now and might just wait for CB 03 01 and hopefully bypass propecia even if I lose some hair. I would rather stay safe then trade my health for my hair.
    Its pretty obvious nothing besides propecia or dut does much of anything and Im not going to mix random chemicals like RU in my basement everyday in hopes that works. Options currently just arent any good

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

I thought Nature Made was working on an S-Equol product?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by burtandernie
        I would not rely on personal stories or testimony from random forum guy as to whether a treatment works or not.
        I am basically on nothing right now and might just wait for CB 03 01 and hopefully bypass propecia even if I lose some hair. I would rather stay safe then trade my health for my hair.
        Its pretty obvious nothing besides propecia or dut does much of anything and Im not going to mix random chemicals like RU in my basement everyday in hopes that works. Options currently just arent any good
        According to Cosmos Pharmaceuticals phase II will be completed in 2014. Are you sure you're going to wait that long for it? I mean at that pace Histogen may be available sooner in Asia. I'm speaking as if CB goes to Phase III of course.

Comment

• Californication
          • Mar 2013

Pinot Q, you seem very well read about S-equol. Everything you have said makes sense, but I was wondering how you know that it will bind to DHT as opposed to ERβ or ERα (at a lower affinity).

I am referencing the bottom of this page, biological activity section: http://www.naturalequol.com/about.html

Edit: nevermind, the study makes it clear that s-equol has a high enough affinity for DHT at a particular level.
          Last edited by Californication; 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM. Reason: delete, question answered

Comment

• PinotQ
            • May 2010

Californication, There are many many studies on this but here is a great summary: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0330090046.htm

Comment

• Californication
              • Mar 2013

Interesting. That was 9 years ago, do you know if the same team has been doing work related to Equol the entire time?

My understanding is that we just need the tablet to be released for some affliction or other (menopause perhaps?) and once that is done, we can buy it and figure out an appropriate dose based on the per kg rule you stated.

Comment

• PinotQ
                • May 2010

I believe they have continued to devote most of their time to the study of s-equol. If you look at the Natural S-Equol website, you will see Setchell's name listed in some of the other research studies, the latest looks to be 2010 but there are other studies you can probably find by just googling. I also believe that this team has some interest in a company called AusioPharmaceuticals which has been doing clinical studies. S-equol is apparently a GRAS (generally recognized as safe) product so it does not need FDA approval to be released. Nature Made can release it when they are ready and it can be used for any purpose.....no prescription needed. Not sure about what claims they can make but they have spent a lot of time and money on sampling trials and I believe they will widely publicize the results of these trials along with testimonials to jump sales. My guess is this will be on the market in 3 to 6 months..........but no later than 10 months at the outside. All this being said, no one knows what kind of dose you would need to affect MPB or whether s-equol would just slow down the process or completely stop it (with hopefully a little bump in growth or diameter). But it will almost certainly be the next legitimate possibility to hit the market. With every other product in the pipeline out to a minimum of 2016 at best (and assuming something actually works), s-equol at least offers a reasonable possibility to maintain.

Comment

• vred
                  • Feb 2013

Any updates?

It's exciting to see the next potential treatment becoming available very very soon. Especially after the recent data from other companies.

Comment

• vred
                    • Feb 2013

Info from this patent (aside from the fact that they claim S Equol is an anti aging miracle among other benefits) seems to show that it can easily be applied topically. So in theory would we be able to inhibit DHT directly with a S Equol topical? Seems too good to be true.. But according to most data, it should work!

A composition for use in making commercial food and skin products comprising S-equol or mixtures, including both a non-racemic mixture and a racemic mixture, of S-equol and R-equol. The composition can be used to make articles of commerce such as food supplements, pharmaceuticals, and medicaments. The compositions are useful in a method of delivering S-equol to a mammal to prevent or treat a disease or associated condition, including hormone-dependent diseases or conditions such as cardiovascular disease, lipid disorder, osteopenia, osteoporosis, liver disease, and acute ovarian estrogen deficiency. The S-equol enantiomer can be produced in a biological synthesis from the metabolism of an isoflavone by an organism.

Comment

• brooks1089
                      • Nov 2012

Here's a reply to an email I sent yesterday inquiring about the release date..
                      Attached Files

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by brooks1089
                        Here's a reply to an email I sent yesterday inquiring about the release date..
                        That's interesting, for sure. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• brooks1089
                          • Nov 2012

So in other words, she's saying it would hit major retailers outside of California in 2014, but still be attainable to all later this year most likely by online merchandising?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

Are there any studies at all that show this product does anything for MPB? I haven't found any? I feel like they would have studied it for this if it were anything worth time...

maybe I'm just missing something..

Comment

• HARIRI
                              • Nov 2012

Interesting, would you think that this product will work better than Keratene Alphactive Retard? and why? Share your thoughts please.

Comment

• PinotQ
                                • May 2010

FearTheLoss, There are no studies to date that are specifically for MPB. But there are many many studies conclusively confirming that s-equol binds to and therefore inactivates DHT without causing systemic hormonal side effects. The major open question appears to be whether there is a practical dosage that would totally shut down DHT. There is a patent application suggesting that 50 mg per day for a 195 lb person might do the trick. Given that about 60% of Asians naturally produce s-equol in their intestines from the breakdown of soy, and further given that Asians have (according to some of the literature I have read) about a 50% less occurrence of MPB, there is some cause for optimism. Just the same, at this point, its in large part speculation.

Comment

Working...