Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nameless
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Sogeking
    Hi Joan, I know it must be tough on you. Some members here can be bitter, but if you can get past that than welcome.

Yes, we started to try and be more proactive because we dislike to stay in the dark concerning this potential treatments.

It's tough on everybody Sogeking.

Comment

• Kudu
      • Nov 2013

Wow! Haven't been on here in a while and just read through the threads, y'all have really got the ball rolling! I'm so sorry for not donating, but I'm only 17 and don't have a paypal account, but thank y'all so much and good luck Desmond

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Update:

Just got word from Dr. Gerd Lindner (project leader of hair cloning and inventor of the bioreactor from Dr. Lauster's team) and he's got two available time slots to meet with Desmond. If anyone's got a way of reaching out to Desmond, please notify him as I'm finalizing meetup times and the location.

Thank you!

Comment

• Thinning87
          • Dec 2012

Nice job!

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
            Update:

Just got word from Dr. Gerd Lindner (project leader of hair cloning and inventor of the bioreactor from Dr. Lauster's team) and he's got two available time slots to meet with Desmond. If anyone's got a way of reaching out to Desmond, please notify him as I'm finalizing meetup times and the location.

Thank you!
            I don't know what else to say except that you are Mr. Reliable Genius as far as I'm concerned.

Have you reached out to Cots/Follica? If you have what are they saying to you?

Comment

• Desmond84
              • Oct 2012

Update:

Just got word from Beren Atac that Dr. Lauster will not be attending, but the inventor and project leader of the hair cloning technology in the group, Dr. Lindner will be there.

Desmond, you've got a time window of 10-11am on Thursday for Q&A on current developments with him! Location isn't yet determined, but I'm working on it! I'll let you know once I get more details from Beren Atac!
              Hi guys

I'm in Seoul tonight flying out to Jeju Island tomorrow morning. BTW thanks for the offers our Korean members. I actually have 2 friends in Seoul who have been kind enough to take me around.

Helouser you already got in touch with them? That is amazing brother. Great work. I was planning to go and introduce myself to all the researchers and ask for an interview. This makes things so much easier.

I have access to wifi as of today which will male things so much easier.

I've locked this time into my diary.

Comment

• Desmond84
                • Oct 2012

Update:

Thank you!
                That's beautiful Hellouser. Just make sure the interview doesn't fall on a presentation slot we desperately want to record.

BTW guys please make a thread about what lectures you want me to record.

I'm try and record the ones I originally posted. What else do you wanna see?

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Good to hear you landed safely in Seoul Desmond ! About the interviews, I'm mainly interested myself in the ones you summarized before

Comment

• Joan
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by Sogeking
                    Hi Joan, I know it must be tough on you. Some members here can be bitter, but if you can get past that than welcome.

Yes, we started to try and be more proactive because we dislike to stay in the dark concerning this potential treatments.
                    Thank you for welcoming me, Sogeking. I am beyond bitter, especially for my son, so I feel I can empathize with the feelings expressed here.

Comment

• JDW
                      • Mar 2012

Update:

Thank you!
                      You're doing some excellent work here man!

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Bummer! I just heard back from both Dr. Cotsarelis' administrator:

Hi Hellouser,

I had forwarded Dr. Cotsarelis your message below, asking him to let me know if he would have any time available to chat with Desmond. Unfortunately, his schedule must be full, as he did not provide me with any times available.

Thank you for following up and I apologize for any inconvenience.
                        And from Dr. Angela Christiano:

Hi Hellouser,

Thanks for your note, but unfortunately, neither Colin nor I will be attending the meeting in Korea this week. Happy to talk with this student another time though, thanks for your interest in our work, angela
                        Sorry Desmond! I did the best I could but it looks like you'll be on your own to get in touch with Dr. Cotsarelis. Try to catch him before his presentation and ask if you can have a short 1 on 1 Q&A with him after. I've made a list of questions for you to ask him here, all neatly laid out for each researcher:

Title says it all! Let's organize some questions for Desmond to ask the top guys. Members can post questions they want to see asked and if you agree with a question then you can quote it, followed by a "+1". You are not allowed to vote more than once for the same question. Since the forum does not allow editing

Comment

• joely
                          • Sep 2011

They really do want to keep things secret, you can't tell me cots will not have ten minutes spare to answer a few questions! Hopefully his presentation will be enough to give us some answers! I think he is up tomorrow isn't he?

Comment

• Thinning87
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by joely
                            They really do want to keep things secret, you can't tell me cots will not have ten minutes spare to answer a few questions! Hopefully his presentation will be enough to give us some answers! I think he is up tomorrow isn't he?
                            It doesn't mean anything. Follica is a start up company and keeping their technology and strategy secret is necessary. You can't expect him to be willing to meet some random guy from some forum (especially with all the crazy people who post on here) and give away the status of his company's research like that.

However, this doesn't necessarily mean they are particularly close to anything. It's just the way a wise CEO would act

Comment

• Dazza
                              • Jun 2012

Sorry Desmond! I did the best I could
                              You did great Hellouser.

Huge thank you for your efforts lately.

Comment

• YoungSufferer217
                                • May 2014

Hi I'm new,I'm not going to go through a sob story about how I'm losing my hair I just wanna know if there's any more progress with Desmond ?the work you guys are doing with this is amazing ,just for the record Hellouser ,youre amazing man and Desmond youre my new role model.sorry I couldn't donate guys I'm only 16 with no paypal account.and to everyone else,great job ,great ****ing job.

Comment

Working...