Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMDWN
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
    It seems to me that the closest thing to a cure is the advancement of FUE, which is acually not a cure. It's getting cheaper and if you go to the right doctor and have the right amount of donor hair, you can have an FUE that looks 100% natural and undetectable. But again, it's not a cure because all the stars have to align for it to be 100% successful (undetectable and satisfying).
    Speaking of "stars" if something actually worked people with endless ammounts of money like John Travolta and Kevin Costner wouldn't be wearing horrabale looking hair pieces.

Comment

• skyguy
      • Nov 2016

Possible cure of mpb

hi all of u guys
      there will be a cure definitely BUT THE THING IS WHEN?????
      i wish it happens by 2020 a bit superstitous here (2020 the no. is unique)
      but i have some theory of male pattern baldness

FIRST--- HT is not a cure its a cover up and it never works look at ROONEY
      SECOND---topical solution wont do much difference (WASTE OF TIME)
      THIRD----DHT alone is not the sole cause WE ALL KNOW THIS BY NOW. FINASTERIDE just halts the process or slows it down(the latter most of the time.)
      FOURTH---SKULL EXPANSION has a direct connection to MPB.

here is my theory
      to treat maale pattern baldness-----------------------

skull has to do a lot with it
      and the thing is we cant do anything about the skull
      it will f*ckin grow and we cant stop it or reduce it(IMP--SCAPL EXC. wont help at all)

look at the skin of the forehead and at the back. There's a f*ckin diff. in the thickness
      so big head means MPB
      i kind of dont buy it myself

so what's the problem with us(balding guys)
      ANSWER-- our skull(due to bad genes) continued to grow even after puberty. If it had grown to its max before puberty we wud have full hair.

**remember from birth to teenage we had significant skull growth but we didn't go bald at that time so why now???
      ** remember during puberty only, our hairline was defined to the max. Before that there was no fixed hairline (sort of improving hairline)

so the conclusion is---
      we have to thicken up the skin lying over the skull and activate the hair follicle just the same way it was activated during puberty.
      It has to be injections and no oral medication. The cause of MPB is a targetted location(i.e. skin over the skull)

Interestingly, Histogen and follica are the only one who are going on the right path.

HISTOGEN--- is trying to develop embryonic condition in the scalp by injection so that new follicles will grow (note-- only in embryonic condition stem cells divide into any kind of cells and hair follicle are formed once in our lifetime and it happens in an embryo only)

ALL THE BEST HISTOGEN

FOLLICA--they will make cuts in your scalp and apply some topical there by which cells will be able to decide whether to make new cells at the cut site or new hair follicle. In the presence of that topical they will produce hair only.NICE
      but DOWNSIDE-- how many cuts do we have to make, man?
      there will be a point where skin will think of doing nothing because too much cuts will destroy the skin.(** remember- if u have a long cut, you will have to go for a stitch, cells wont regrow on its own, you will have to bind them together)

SO ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST HISTOGEN

i hope this will convince anyone that there will be a cure definitely.

WE NEED TO BE PATIENT AND STRONG.

i know how world treats bald or balding guys though its not our fault.

Comment

• HMDWN
        • Nov 2015

I remember back during the mid 70's and 80's during my BIG HAIR Band das we all had insane thick heads of hair and thought for sur by the time we got ino our thirties forties and fifties (I'm about to turn 59) for sure there would be a solid CURE!
        Back in the late 70's there was a topic product called Biogenisis that looked like Semen and did absolutely NOTHING. Then there was a pill called Head Start that also did nothing then jars of Biotin gel to rub on one's scalp that also did nothing. I remember back in the mid 90's still having a crazy thick head of hair trying Propecia Spay and even took the pills too...never stayed with it as it messed with my sex drive big time. Honestly and again back when I was in my early 20s and rocking out all over the country I thought for sure Baldness would be fully reversible and cured. Sad reality, it isnt. Now almost 59 and especially during the past year I have been experacing and noticing thinning hair. My Stress levels during the past year has been off the charts...is there a conception between yhe two?

Comment

• HMDWN
          • Nov 2015

Sorry for the typo...I meant connection between stress and hair loss.

Comment

• hairloss2thickhair
            • Nov 2016

Yes, there is a connection. For me anyway. Every time I am under a lot of stress, my hair starts to fall out. The first time this happened,my doctor told me to take 1 multi vitamin daily, 1000 mg of calcium containing magnesium daily, 3 capsules of evening primrose daily and 2 alfalfa tablets twice a day. I continued to take this until the stress was reduced in my life, even after my hair grew back, to keep it from falling out again. The next time my hair fell out, my doctor told me to take BioSil and my hair grew back in. Over the last 2 years I have been under the most stress I have ever experienced and my hair started to fall out again. I quickly started taking BioSil again and my hair has stopped falling out and I think is starting to grow in. Of course the most important thing to do is get rid of stress which isn't always easy.
            We are all different and what works for one might not work for everyone. Thanks for listening to my story. I am always open to hear from others and what they have tried that worked or didn't work. Suggestions are always helpful. Have a great day. hairloss2thickhair.

Comment

• skyguy
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by HMDWN
              I remember back during the mid 70's and 80's during my BIG HAIR Band das we all had insane thick heads of hair and thought for sur by the time we got ino our thirties forties and fifties (I'm about to turn 59) for sure there would be a solid CURE!
              Sad reality, it isnt. Now almost 59
              its really sad to hear this but its good to be optimistic BTW the equations and variables have changed now

**remember there was a time when ppl used to laugh even at the slightest thot of flying in the sky
              and ppl of our time will be like ---ANY PROBLEM???

so MPB may not be a disease but its cure will make the inventor millionaire for sure

I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR THAT DAY (THE NO BALD DAY)

Comment

• HMDWN
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by skyguy
                its really sad to hear this but its good to be optimistic BTW the equations and variables have changed now

**remember there was a time when ppl used to laugh even at the slightest thot of flying in the sky
                and ppl of our time will be like ---ANY PROBLEM???

so MPB may not be a disease but its cure will make the inventor millionaire for sure

I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR THAT DAY (THE NO BALD DAY)
                Sadly and for many my age time isn't on our side. About to be 59 (next month) I still have a head of hair many wish that had...but oh yea within the past year I've noticed a drastic thinning...while shampooing I now feel the thicker Horseshoe pattern. Never see much in the shower, never in the brush but areas that have stopped growing are apparent and strong overhead light now shows the thinning. Funny though, as I approach 59 I've come to accept that is on the horizon. Maybe not completely being Bald but not enough to be happy about either. I'll NEVER go the combover or Topic pepper shaker look. Hair replacement like our Vice President and hair pieces do just look pathetic. So, at least in my lifetime I dont see a 100% Cure and have come to accept it is what it is.
                Now someone in their late teens or early 20's the 100% Cure may be in their lifetime. But I believe when it comes only the wealthy will be able to afford it.

Comment

• tylerbose
                  • Mar 2016

if it happen it would be by accident.
                  it doesn't seem like anyone is seriously working on it.
                  i don't expect a cure in the next 20 years

Comment

• BoSox
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by tylerbose
                    if it happen it would be by accident.
                    it doesn't seem like anyone is seriously working on it.
                    i don't expect a cure in the next 20 years
                    You've obviously been living under a rock the last 2 years. It's not gonna take 20 years.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
                      You've obviously been living under a rock the last 2 years. It's not gonna take 20 years.
                      What makes you so certain ? I don't know man ... sometimes I feel it might take even more. We've come a long way but the key is still: how to differentiate stem cells into fully working DP cells without them going cancerous .. Sometimes I feel that they first need to solve cancer, or at least fully understand how and where it originates before we can do hair cloning like this. According to recent research, cancer starts with stem cells not differentiating correctly, so it seems to be at the core of this whole process. Figure out how it exactly works and you can solve both cancer and clone hair.

Maybe it happens though within 20 years but man, it's just impossible to predict. I'm for one a lot less optimistic than I was 4 years ago when I came to this forum. We had so many things going on, they all turned out to be BS, scammers or just failed early stage ...

Comment

• joachim
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by Arashi
                        What makes you so certain ? I don't know man ... sometimes I feel it might take even more. We've come a long way but the key is still: how to differentiate stem cells into fully working DP cells without them going cancerous .. Sometimes I feel that they first need to solve cancer, or at least fully understand how and where it originates before we can do hair cloning like this. According to recent research, cancer starts with stem cells not differentiating correctly, so it seems to be at the core of this whole process. Figure out how it exactly works and you can solve both cancer and clone hair.

Maybe it happens though within 20 years but man, it's just impossible to predict. I'm for one a lot less optimistic than I was 4 years ago when I came to this forum. We had so many things going on, they all turned out to be BS, scammers or just failed early stage ...
                        seems you're not up-to-date. there is tons of new hot info on H+L+T. even an interview with tsuji labs.
                        tsuji is officially targeting a 2020 full cure release in japan.

follica also showed some new stuff on their website. they can create denovo terminal hair with their wounding device. question is only, how efficient will it be. we will see, but i'm personally very excited about follica.

replicel could turn out good as well, but it could also fail.

histogen is still a write-off in my opinion.

however, tsuji is the real deal. if they run into troubles, maybe it will be 2021 or 2022, but we're not talking a decade anymore. the cure will come, sooner than people think. we have to be strong for another 3 to 5 years. then hairloss is a thing of the past finally. to hell with all snake oil con artists.

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by joachim
                          seems you're not up-to-date. there is tons of new hot info on H+L+T. even an interview with tsuji labs.
                          tsuji is officially targeting a 2020 full cure release in japan.

follica also showed some new stuff on their website. they can create denovo terminal hair with their wounding device. question is only, how efficient will it be. we will see, but i'm personally very excited about follica.

replicel could turn out good as well, but it could also fail.

histogen is still a write-off in my opinion.

however, tsuji is the real deal. if they run into troubles, maybe it will be 2021 or 2022, but we're not talking a decade anymore. the cure will come, sooner than people think. we have to be strong for another 3 to 5 years. then hairloss is a thing of the past finally. to hell with all snake oil con artists.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• k9gatton
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by boldat25
                            I feel like we've all been told for years they're working on treatment they're working on the cure very soon they are going to find a cure. Blah blah blah! Do you guys honestly think A cure will ever be reached in our lifetime?
                            They would probably have to start treating the hair before puberty, as far as making follicles DHT resistant. In theory, androgen alopecia can start once a guy hits puberty, and later. As long as he can make DHT.

Comment

• agp
                              • Feb 2016

i really think the cure is near...the solution is direct cells reprogramming, that is transforming fibroblasts in DP cells in fast, safe and efficient way...direct reprogramming exists since at least 6 years, different researchers already transformed fibroblasts in safe and functional cells of heart, pancreas, brain, liver, melanocytes and others...terskikh used IPS for creating unlimited DP cells but IPS were created by fibroblasts, so the unlimited source of DP cells can be created directly by fibroblasts
                              besides i often read in this forum functional follicles grown in lab is already created and the last problem is getting unlimited DP cells but this problem is solved...so i ask what is still lacking to finally have the cure?
                              please tell me if I missed something

Comment

• k9gatton
                                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by agp
                                i really think the cure is near...the solution is direct cells reprogramming, that is transforming fibroblasts in DP cells in fast, safe and efficient way...direct reprogramming exists since at least 6 years, different researchers already transformed fibroblasts in safe and functional cells of heart, pancreas, brain, liver, melanocytes and others...terskikh used IPS for creating unlimited DP cells but IPS were created by fibroblasts, so the unlimited source of DP cells can be created directly by fibroblasts
                                besides i often read in this forum functional follicles grown in lab is already created and the last problem is getting unlimited DP cells but this problem is solved...so i ask what is still lacking to finally have the cure?
                                please tell me if I missed something
                                The cure is definitely not near. Histogen used to make me feel positive. But it's been so long, and they seem to be empty promises for now.

Even if Histogen works, it only works for one hair growth cycle. People will still need to get more injections as time goes by.

Comment

Working...