Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginkosama
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
    Eurgh, I'm reluctant to jump on this bandwagon now if there's a tumour risk.
    There will always be something.
    We are talking about piercing 1.0mm holes in your head once a week.

I think mankind faced tougher threats and survived just fine.

Man up people.

Comment

• KeepHoping
      • Dec 2010

People who are not in the sciences throw around the word "carcinogenic" all the time but it shouldn't scare people away. People commonly say that aspartame in diet beverages causes cancer or is carcinogenic when in fact there is zero scientific evidence to back it. I highly doubt a 1.5mm dermaroller on the human scalp will actually cause much risk of tumor formation.

It's a 12 week study... It doesn't cost much to do, if you want to give it a shot and follow the protocol on the study, do it! If not, don't. It's that simple.

Comment

• KeepHoping
        • Dec 2010

I would like to ask what type of minoxidil you guys recommend. Foam or Liquid?

Comment

• HARIRI
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by KeepHoping
          Liquid of course, please read this article:-

Dr. Bernstein answers a frequently asked question about different types of the Rogaine hair loss medication

Comment

• Hicks
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by KeepHoping
            I use regain foam in the mornings because it's not greasy and flows with the weeds I have left, then I use lipogaine liquid at night. I think liquid is best but I'd be damned if I use it before I go to work or out in public

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Hicks
              I use regain foam in the mornings because it's not greasy and flows with the weeds I have left, then I use lipogaine liquid at night. I think liquid is best but I'd be damned if I use it before I go to work or out in public
              This is exactly what I do. I agree 100% with this.

I can't fathom going out during the day with Lipogaine or Minox liquid on my head. No way.

Comment

• evasive
                • Mar 2012

I just received my Roller in the mail (192 needles 1.5mm)

One question though, I am using Non-PG Minoxidil... this won't affect anything right?

Comment

• brunobald
                  • Jul 2013

However, hair follicles don't form in them. Not one piece of evidence in the 25 years that this stuff has been around shows a specialized structure forming in the new tissue during the healing process. Not one sweat gland, goose bump or hair.
                  BabyJohn we could do with your experience on the forum. What are your thoughts on HT Surgens who use Acell injected into the doner hair site. Dr Cole claims a regen rate of 50% on average and a max of 70%

Comment

• Baby John
                    • Aug 2013

Bruno,

Don't know how far off topic this is but, since wounding and regenerative healing is the subject it may be relevant.

I can't speak about this surgeon's claims because I don't know the specifics.

That being said, I can talk about the facts regarding tissue derived acellular scaffolds. In the treatments that are available today, they are among the best. When used correctly in a patient that is physically receptive to the device and if that patient is compliant, good and sometimes amazing outcomes will be observed.

Take a strip excision for example. A surgeon applies good technique in the closure, the patient matches well with the scaffold and is compliant so as not to disrupt the healing process, you will see: full thickness skin formation without visible fibrous build up. Great contraction of the wound because of this. Better remodeling of the wound including pigmentation. Make no mistake, this is awesome when it goes right. Your best result is sometimes called "baby skin" because it looks great, is nice and smooth AND contains zero specialized structures. This skin will never sweat, form a goose bump or grow a hair follicle.

Every piece of research regarding full, scar free regenerative wound healing bears this out. In the study posted on this very thread regarding hydrogels this was confirmed yet again by using this type of scaffold as a control. They grew no structures and actually appeared to contraindicate their formation.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

ragsta; where are you at bro?

Baby John; not sure if you might have any insights on this, but I've got some scarring on my head from using a razor at one point.

I'm planning on using a 1.5mm derma roller in conjunction with minox to hopefully remediate this to an extent, and maybe even possible regrow some hair in the scarred area.

The hair was never removed, scarring just occurred. Do you think a 1.5mm derma roller could help? Should I use a smaller mm, like 1 or 0.75, as I currently have a shaved head?

Thank you.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Seeing how I started the thread and would like to maintain it to stay on topic, I guess you could say it has something to do with me.

Feel free to take your off-topic comments elsewhere. Thank you.
                        Last edited by Winston; 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                          • Aug 2012

So anyone seeing much results yet?

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

I have made comments myself on my own threads and welcome everyone so take you secret society with you as the bald truth wants people who tell the truth not this silly dermaroller thread as i was using this when you were in dipers.
                            No new thing this been around many years if it worked we would know by now im not saying it does nothing it maydo but for me it did not.

Comment

• clandestine
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by amadeus
                              The problem with aggressive micro-needling is that there is really no longterm studies that have been conducted on the formation of scar tissue within the scalp that can ultimately adversely effect hair growth. If you couple that with potential tissue irritants found in these topical vehicles the potential for irreversible damage is certainly there. I really think people need to exercise caution when doing this, real damage can be caused.
                              A good point brought up by amadeus.

Comment

• Winston
                                • Mar 2009

Please keep this thread on topic. Any off topic or antagonistic posts will be removed. Please take the time to familiarize yourselves with our Posting Rules & Terms of Service.

Comment

Working...