HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Actually, here is my whole analysis of the left side:

pre situation:

area1: www.hasci-exposed.com/images/area1_Before.jpg
    area 2-10: https://www.hasci-exposed.com/images...e_final_98.jpg

(I should probably just paste area1 into the area 2-10 photo)

after situation:

www.hasci-exposed.com/images/area5_after.jpg (I rotated it for easier analysis)

Excel sheet:

I've made it so that anyone can easily verify our work and count everything or parts themselves and check the analysis.

Comment

• AlmostUndone
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Arashi
      So I finished analyzing your left donor part ! I've counted 821 extraction points and according to my analysis 646 hairs were lost there.

I've counted every graft that appeared in the same formation in before and after photo as a failed extraction and thus the grafts that had less hairs in the after photo I've counted as succesful extraction. That way I ended up with 465 succesful extractions, which seems to correlate quite good with what you've said (>450 grafts extracted).

So everything at this moment points at no regeration at all: grafts that grew fully back seem just failed extractions and the total hairloss in succesfully extracted grafts correlate with normal hair gain in recipient (at this point would come down to 1111 lost hairs which would be 1.38 hair/graft which would be a normal HASCI recipient density result) .

I will continue counting your right part the coming week. Also will upload my analysis photo's soon (tomorrow I think). And then we'll need to count recipient soon ! I think next weekend I'll have your right donor side ready so we can then start with the recipient
      Oh, ok. I just updated the "left_side_final_98.jpeg" file (i.e. the "Before" photos). There was some problems with the circles in the "secondary" viewpoints, especially in the lowermost sections of the image. I made some corrections to these "secondary" viewpoints, where I found some circles were a bit differently aligned than in the main photos. Also, I used more eraser on some circles, which seemed to be obscuring the hairs. And also, there was 1 extraction point, which was missing, in the upper-right part of the image (area 3, I think). You can superposition the new version on top of the old to see the difference.

Comment

• AlmostUndone
        • May 2015

Ps. I noticed you didn't count the tiny area just above the ear, where there are 7 extraction points

Pps. The outermost fringe zones of each photo, which provide secondary viewpoints, are sometimes very useful in determining how many hairs there are in a group. For example, I myself counted many of the hairs in area 9, using the outermost edge of area 8. Hope you saw this advantage when counting

Comment

• AlmostUndone
          • May 2015

I also updated "right_side_final_98.jpg". I recommend going with the latest version!

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

Hey mate. I've updated http://www.hasci-exposed.com/images/...e_final_98.jpg
            I copied Area 1 into it, which I had analyzed seperately. I also put in the Area numbering with bigger fonts so it's easier to see how I labeled it.

Those missing 7 extraction points, in what area are they ? I now labeled area 11 seperately, not sure if that's what you mean ? But I already counted them in Area 8.

Also, can you maybe give me the area numbers and graft numbers in my pics that you've changed ? Thanks !

Comment

• AlmostUndone
              • May 2015

Just now, made another minor addition to the aforementioned picture (right side).

Those missing 7 extraction points: I was talking about the left side of the "before" pictures, just below area 10, or left to area 7B. You didn't label that area?

I'm in a hurry now, but trying to remember, left to graft 4 I see, to have added an extraction point. The others modifications are mostly just corrections to the extent or size of the circles in the fringe areas, for example, my circles in the "fringe" area on the right side of area 8, which is kind of the same location as area 9.

PS. If you had photoshop or any other basic photo editor, you could superpose the old version with the new and see pretty quickly the differences.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by AlmostUndone
                Just now, made another minor addition to the aforementioned picture
                Ok cool, havent started with the right area just yet, will do so today !

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Those missing 7 extraction points: I was talking about the left side of the "before" pictures, just below area 10, or left to area 7B. You didn't label that area?
                  Ah right I see them now, yes you are right, I missed those, will analyze them today too. Thanks !

I'm in a hurry now, but trying to remember, left to graft 4 I see, to have added an extraction point. The others modifications are mostly just corrections to the extent or size of the circles in the fringe areas, for example, my circles in the "fringe" area on the right side of area 8, which is kind of the same location as area 9.

PS. If you had photoshop or any other basic photo editor, you could superpose the old version with the new and see pretty quickly the differences.

Yeah I'm not such an advanced graphics artist unfortunately I'm using paint which is kinda difficult when it comes to changes. Other than that I like it a lot, very straightforward and doing exactly what I need.

Anyway if you could find the area's + graft numbers, that would help a lot. I'll then make the changes (by copy/pasting the original part over it and then redo the circles).

Also should I start with the right side already or are you still working on checking/updating that ?

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                    • May 2015

@ Arashi

Ok, I'll point them changes out to you. Tomorrow, perhaps.

I'm done with the right side. Hm... backgrounded turns red. Hope there's nothing else strange about the file. It's probably just some bug because I haven't restarted my computer in several weeks. I'll try uploading it again, but will take six hours for me to get home.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

@ Arashi

Ok, I'll point them changes out to you. Tomorrow, perhaps.

I'm done with the right side. Hm... backgrounded turns red. Hope there's nothing else strange about the file. It's probably just some bug because I haven't restarted my computer in several weeks. I'll try uploading it again, but will take six hours for me to get home.
                      Ok let me know when I can download the right side please

I've updated the before picture now with Area 11 (those 7 missing grafts) and added the after photo: http://www.hasci-exposed.com/images/area11_after.bmp
                      I've also updated the excell sheet with Area 11.

And I've place some nice pointers to quickly show how to interpret the whole photo (I had to stare at it quite a while before I understood it myself, now people should be able to quickly see how everything fits together).

It's become a nice piece of art eh

Looking forward to analyse the right side ! I think I can have it done within a week, so recipient next weekend ?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Ah I just downloaded the right side and see what you mean with the red area. That doesnt seem a problem, I can fill out the red area with white later. Will start now with the right side !

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

@Almostundone: I'm making good progress with the right side already ! It's, like you said, smaller than the left so it should be less work. I'm pretty sure I'll have it done before next weekend already. So, I was thinking, if you have time you could start shooting pics of recipient already, outline the parts and link them, all like you did for the donor.

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                            • May 2015

Oh, good if you are. Take a look still at the newest version, with one more added viewpoints for, updated one second ago.

Recipient, next weekend? In your dreams, man! Society needs me too. But I might start very soon linking the existing "before" photos for recipient.

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

Oh, good if you are. Take a look still at the newest version, with one more added viewpoints for, updated one second ago.

Recipient, next weekend? In your dreams, man! Society needs me too. But I might start very soon linking the existing "before" photos for recipient.
                              I had hoped recipient would be trivial and relatively quickly done but thinking now about it, seperating the newly implanted hairs from the exisisting ones is going to be a hell of a job too indeed.

Anyway, I'll keep working on analyzing donor this week.

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                                • May 2015

Originally posted by Arashi
                                I had hoped recipient would be trivial and relatively quickly done but thinking now about it, seperating the newly implanted hairs from the exisisting ones is going to be a hell of a job too indeed.
                                You may be right. But putting the necessary images together is no problem. I got pretty sharp photographs right after the procedure, which at least sharply delineate the zones, where the grafts landed:

And Here are the corrections, I was talking about:

Comment

Working...