OC000459? (Yes that's its name)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepHoping
    • Dec 2010

Hey 2020, how are you going to make it? What vehicle will you use and how will you mix it?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by KeepHoping
      Hey 2020, how are you going to make it? What vehicle will you use and how will you mix it?
      I'm not going to make it.... some offshore lab has started making it and it will be available soon.

Comment

• iHope
        • May 2012

Originally posted by 2020
        I'm not going to make it.... some offshore lab has started making it and it will be available soon.
        I hope I it'll have reasonable price.

Comment

• Gjm127
          • Mar 2012

Who figures out the doses and how frequently you gotta put it?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by iHope
            I hope I it'll have reasonable price.
            $80-$100 per gram. One gram will last about 2-3 months.

Comment

• iHope
              • May 2012

$80-$100 per gram. One gram will last about 2-3 months.
              Nice... Gotta get myself a job! Thanks for info, you're awesome.

Comment

• neversaynever
                • Dec 2011

OC0459 blocks production of PGD2(protein responsible for shrinking follicles).

OC0459 is currently in Phase 2 for asthma and allergies. They won't market it for MPB because they can't. There is a patent filed in 2007 that prevents anyone from making a product that treats MPB by blocking PGD2.
                Thats interesting...

Who holds the patent?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by neversaynever
                  Thats interesting...

Who holds the patent?
                  I know right... PGD2 and MPB connection was made at least 5 years ago so I'm not sure what Cotsarelis is waiting for...

This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity, a downstream signaling or receptor pathway thereof, or prostaglandin D2 synthase level or activity; methods of stimulating hair growth, comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of increasing or decreasing the activity or level of a target gene of the present invention, or with a protein product of the target gene or an analogue or mimetic thereof; and methods of testing for AGA and evaluating therapeutic methods thereof, comprising measuring PGD2 levels.

This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity
                  Filing date: Jun 15, 2007

Comment

• hairysituation
                    • Feb 2012

Nice to see someone being so passionate and proactive, brah. As a general hypothese, do you excpect this PGD2 to just slow/arrest your hair loss, or to actually reverse it?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by hairysituation
                      Nice to see someone being so passionate and proactive, brah. As a general hypothese, do you excpect this PGD2 to just slow/arrest your hair loss, or to actually reverse it?
                      I'm 99% sure that it can reverse all of your loss if you also combined it with PGE2 analog.... but the problem is that the effects will be temporary as with minox because it won't solve the real underlying problem which is DHT somehow disrupting prostaglandin balance in the first place

Comment

• Kirby_
                        • Jan 2012

^ your hypothesis is that both in combination will even restore hair on areas that have been slick-bald for years?

Major bummer that this combo might have to be ongoing as with fin and minox. Still, if they turn out to work significantly better than those old dinosaurs, that will be something positive.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                          • Apr 2012

I'm 99% sure that it can reverse all of your loss if you also combined it with PGE2 analog.... but the problem is that the effects will be temporary as with minox because it won't solve the real underlying problem which is DHT somehow disrupting prostaglandin balance in the first place
                          This is a bold statement, 2020. So in your opinion, OC000459 when combined with a PGE2 analog would totally cure for baldness (if applied regularly)? Are you in the process of trying this? And what is a PGE2 analog?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Comment

• Pate
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones
                            This is a bold statement, 2020. So in your opinion, OC000459 when combined with a PGE2 analog would totally cure for baldness (if applied regularly)? Are you in the process of trying this? And what is a PGE2 analog?

Sorry for the ignorance.
                            It's a bold and, to be honest, completely unjustified statement, nobody can honestly say they are 99% sure... but there is definitely a theoretical basis for believing that it could work extremely well, if baldness really is caused by unbalanced PGs.

An 'analog' in pharmacology is a molecule has the same effect as another molecule - usually meaning, a synthetic drug that has the same effect as a natural protein/enzyme/whatever. In this case meaning a drug that binds to the same receptors in the hair follicle as PGE2 does. PGE2 is one of the 'good' prostaglandins.

So you want a PGE2 analog and a PGD2 inhibitor. And the other PGs are in there too somewhere...

Comment

• hairysituation
                              • Feb 2012

Maybe he can't be 99% certain that this PGD2-inhibitor could regrow hair, however I definitely respect this kind of proactivity. If it only arrest hair loss, it would still be a huge positive result. More power to 2020 and his passion!

Comment

• iHope
                                • May 2012

In worst case scenario, it could give you extra years for your hair...

Comment

Working...