Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plan C
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
    The irritation is from Tretinoin I have had the same irritation at the start 2 years back when I first applied Dr kleins lotion. When I would apply Regaine foam over the areas I applied Dr kleins products it would sting for a few seconds, that's because tretinoin irritates the skin. It took a month or two until my scalp adjusted to tretinoin. You can search threads on hairlosshelp about tretinoin in Promox irritating the scalp, Sandman advised me to carry on and I did, he was right things adjusted etc.

The tretinoin is a key in the mixture because it helps penetrate the ingredients more deeper so they work more effectively in the derma papila, also tretinoin is known to interrupt the DHT synthesis., aswell as stimulate regrowth from the irritation give it time you probably end up happier if you see regrowth.

Watch this video by Dr Klein:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tc9IeWDa3M
    This is all good to know, thanks. Applying alcohol-based stuff on the areas of irritation currently burns like hell but I've never given up on a treatment and I don't intend to now. I have probably been applying too much of Susan's too, which has probably made it worse. If you could indicate how much of the mixture you use a day, this would be helpful.

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Plan C
      This is all good to know, thanks. Applying alcohol-based stuff on the areas of irritation currently burns like hell but I've never given up on a treatment and I don't intend to now. I have probably been applying too much of Susan's too, which has probably made it worse. If you could indicate how much of the mixture you use a day, this would be helpful.
      I was like you panicking and complaining to dr Kleins clinic at the start when I first used Promox but Sandamn explained on hairloshelp it's the tretinoin and takes few months to adjust, your right it's the alcohol content irritating the skin because of the tretinoin removing slight layer. The tretinoin is required especially when using hydorcortisone to counter skin thinning even though it's a very tiny dosage.

I use 1ml a day more than enough to cover my temples although recently I started adding some to the crown and now my crowns stinging lol but my temples are fine because I been using Promox past 2 years on just the temples.

If you find you can't measure the mixture with a syringe on eBay they sell measuring spoons cheap, just get an 1ml measuring spoon . Also make sure your spreading the lotion and rub it around so thin layers are covered on your main points.

Comment

• doke
        • Jun 2009

Hi even Dr Lewenbergs 2% minoxidil with 0.25% tretinoin caused my scalp problems. I know he has a new sensitive version but he states you really neen to only spray the lotion at about 8 ins away from the scalp, and do not massage just use it like a hair spray as otherwise you will cause irritation.

Comment

• Jazz1
          Inactive
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by doke
          Hi even Dr Lewenbergs 2% minoxidil with 0.25% tretinoin caused my scalp problems. I know he has a new sensitive version but he states you really neen to only spray the lotion at about 8 ins away from the scalp, and do not massage just use it like a hair spray as otherwise you will cause irritation.
          The problem most hairloss people face from tretinoin is panick, just like when I first used Promox I panicked and wanted to bin it! Until I listened to Sandmans thread, he was right after few months my scalp adjusted and I experienced growth.

Examples:
          Retinoids – slap them on your scalp and let nature do the rest. (Photo by Steve Rhode ) Retinoid creams and gels are probably the most ef...

Comment

• Plan C
            • Nov 2013

The problem most hairloss people face from tretinoin is panick, just like when I first used Promox I panicked and wanted to bin it! Until I listened to Sandmans thread, he was right after few months my scalp adjusted and I experienced growth.

Examples:
            http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...in-humans.html
            Should I not use Susan's stuff today to give my skin a chance to recover? It's visibly red and sore.

Comment

• Jazz1
              Inactive
              • Aug 2012

Should I not use Susan's stuff today to give my skin a chance to recover? It's visibly red and sore.
              Give it a days rest, but don't apply neogenic where you use Susan's product around the temples.

Comment

• Plan C
                • Nov 2013

Give it a days rest, but don't apply neogenic where you use Susan's product around the temples.
                I have to use Neogenic on my temples... I mix it with RU, which I can't afford to drop.

Comment

• Jazz1
                  Inactive
                  • Aug 2012

I have to use Neogenic on my temples... I mix it with RU, which I can't afford to drop.
                  I'm not stating drop your regime, just adjust your regime slightly away from the area you apply Susan's product until your scalp adjusts. Applying neogenic Ru mixture won't have any different effect if you apply slightly away from your temples .

Comment

• Plan C
                    • Nov 2013

I'm not stating drop your regime, just adjust your regime slightly away from the area you apply Susan's product until your scalp adjusts. Applying neogenic Ru mixture won't have any different effect if you apply slightly away from your temples .
                    Didn't want to miss my daily RU application so I used Neogenic on the sore areas. Most pain I've ever been in. Won't be doing that again haha!

Comment

• Jazz1
                      Inactive
                      • Aug 2012

Didn't want to miss my daily RU application so I used Neogenic on the sore areas. Most pain I've ever been in. Won't be doing that again haha!
                      Trust me when I say I had the same feeling when starting Promox everything was good until my evening application of regaine foam over the areas I applied Promox. The dam Regaine stung so bad I panicked, than read its the tretinoin. I carried on and over the month or two my scalp adjusted to the tretinoin and I also started seeing results around 3rd month loads of baby hairs sprouting around the hairline .

Now I don't have any issues even when applying Regaine night use, but recently I started using Susan's product very slightly on the crown to maximise more growth but more on my temples. Eveytime I apply my Regaine on the crown and temples it only stings on the crown lol because it's not used to the tretinoin in that area. So overtime my crown will also adjust to the tretinoin.

Comment

• inbrugge
                        • Oct 2013

If I want to order a second batch of Susan's product but make a modification, do I have to get a new prescription? I.e. I wanna remove or significantly lower fin amount in my product?

I understand if I wanna increase it, I should get a new prescription. But for lowering our, I should be ok, right?

Comment

• Parsia
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by inbrugge
                          If I want to order a second batch of Susan's product but make a modification, do I have to get a new prescription? I.e. I wanna remove or significantly lower fin amount in my product?

I understand if I wanna increase it, I should get a new prescription. But for lowering our, I should be ok, right?
                          Hi Inbrugge , I have a question , what was your experience after use susan product for the first batch ? Does it make any regrowth or difference than normal minoxidil? Sorry if I don't answer your question because I don't know., just curious about results.

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by inbrugge

You don't need a new prescription if your lowering the dosage, only I you increase you need a higher dosage. I would go for 0.05% or 0.025% finesteride until your body adjusts as 0.1% maybe too high for now .

Comment

• doke
                              • Jun 2009

Hi jazz just had an email from tony at hairgrowth md and it says they are no longer going to take prescriptions from doctors and mightbe going to resell promox and remox so are they going to get there own medical doc to prescribe for us?

Comment

• Jazz1
                                Inactive
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by doke
                                Hi jazz just had an email from tony at hairgrowth md and it says they are no longer going to take prescriptions from doctors and mightbe going to resell promox and remox so are they going to get there own medical doc to prescribe for us?
                                I really do not know what they are doing, last email Dorrie sent me was they not working with any Doctors. Any chance you can post it up here? Email them back please and ask them as I had no luck with response?

Comment

Working...