Debunking HASCI´s regeneration claim - an open letter.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
    You're right. Hasci will never prove their claims so unless *we* do something the discussion will go on forever. Thats why i am planning to ask them to do a 50 graft test on me. In fact i am gong to mail them right now
    Hope that works out. Any reply from HASCI yet? I'd love to see them produce more proof.

I think you've officially driven Nigam out of town, possibly all towns, incidentally.

Comment

• gc83uk
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      GC, I'm sure you have posted before, can you direct me to a picture showing where you initially started and where you are now?

Thanks, FTL
      No worries, this should give you an idea of where I started:
      Just for the record ... Below: gc83uk BEFORE having any hair transplants at all... Below: gc83uk's step-by-step hair-coverage and HST procedure at a glance... Below: gc83uk AFTER having two small HST test-procedure with around 700 HST grafts per procedure... Below: gc83uk 2 days after having his 3rd HST

Here is a link to a set of photos I taken of my donor a few weeks back. I've got a few scars in my donor from before I even started HST so try to ignore those.

Not taken any photos for a few weeks, there is probably some more improvement in the recipient, but I'll do that around christmas time most probably.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
        No worries, this should give you an idea of where I started:
        Just for the record ... Below: gc83uk BEFORE having any hair transplants at all... Below: gc83uk's step-by-step hair-coverage and HST procedure at a glance... Below: gc83uk AFTER having two small HST test-procedure with around 700 HST grafts per procedure... Below: gc83uk 2 days after having his 3rd HST

Here is a link to a set of photos I taken of my donor a few weeks back. I've got a few scars in my donor from before I even started HST so try to ignore those.

Not taken any photos for a few weeks, there is probably some more improvement in the recipient, but I'll do that around christmas time most probably.
        Wow, what a dramatic change of appearance. Have you considered getting smp done as well? From what I've seen, in person, SMP is huge and I think it would give you the appearance of no hair loss ever...but anyway, you look good bro.

After having 4 HST's, what do you think you saw regen wise, if you had to guess? I think after seeing your case it is quite obvious there is some regeneration going on, but it's also quite obvious it's not 80%..

Comment

• gc83uk
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
          Wow, what a dramatic change of appearance. Have you considered getting smp done as well? From what I've seen, in person, SMP is huge and I think it would give you the appearance of no hair loss ever...but anyway, you look good bro.

After having 4 HST's, what do you think you saw regen wise, if you had to guess? I think after seeing your case it is quite obvious there is some regeneration going on, but it's also quite obvious it's not 80%..
          Cheers mate.

Not thinking about SMP yet, primarily because I'm planning to cover those scars with more HST's, even if it means exploring grafts from outside the safe area.

50% regen in the donor, however the recipient growth is less hairs per graft than traditional FUE, so it's probably around 35% if you factor in that important point!

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
            Cheers mate.

Not thinking about SMP yet, primarily because I'm planning to cover those scars with more HST's, even if it means exploring grafts from outside the safe area.

50% regen in the donor, however the recipient growth is less hairs per graft than traditional FUE, so it's probably around 35% if you factor in that important point!
            That sounds about right and your results would be on par with it. I wonder if Gho could increase his success by using ACell or a growth stimulant like histogen (i.e. more hairs per follicle)...maybe that is what Wesley is doing too.

Comment

• cocacola
              • Feb 2013

Nice stuff gc, next time you post some pics would be cool u put a side by side pic of donor with same conditions ( light, angle, distance ) with an older pic of donor.

I will also post update on mine soon, when i finish the fkin exams. So far looks good, im at 4 months and i think some hairs that havent fell of start to pop out.

Comment

• Oct 2011

1 year after ...

I have just shaved my head - almost 1 year later and 1400 HST extractions ...

So what do you guys think?

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                  Hope that works out. Any reply from HASCI yet? I'd love to see them produce more proof.
                  I've just mailed her. Will let you guys know what she thinks. I proposed paying for all costs and told her that if they're ok with doing those 50 grafts, then I'll get myself a DSLR cam with macro lens to photograph everything and preferably would want the 50 grafts just below the hairline so they'd be very easy to analyse. I also expressed how I feel that this is THE chance for them to finally prove their technology.

We'll see ...

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cocacola
                    and i think some hairs that havent fell of start to pop out.
                    Regrowth starts with very thin hairs which become thicker over the course of a few months. If you're 4 months out you should have some already. The best way to spot it is to shoot some photo's and then zoom in, cause those thin hairs are very difficult to see with the naked eye at first.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Ok, I got news from HASCI ! They've told me that dr Gho is working on something for all of the fora's. Not more info at this time, but obviously they want to do something about the lack of info/proof and are working on something, not sure what that will be or when it will be ready ...

Also unclear at that moment what this means for my request for a 50 graft test on me, but they told me to wait ...

Comment

• caddarik79
                        • Feb 2013

Interesting Arashi, I have to say, I'm super waiting for this.
                        I understand that they don't want to spend their times on forums, but after so much bashing, they need to react and reconfirm their work.

If 85% is proven, I book in the very coming months.

I also hope they keep on working on hair multiplication... I would not ming bridging with another one or two until they have THE ultimate surgical not super invasive technique!!!

Comment

• JJJJrS
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                          Ok, I got news from HASCI ! They've told me that dr Gho is working on something for all of the fora's. Not more info at this time, but obviously they want to do something about the lack of info/proof and are working on something, not sure what that will be or when it will be ready ...

Also unclear at that moment what this means for my request for a 50 graft test on me, but they told me to wait ...
                          I don't know but to me it sounds they're just brushing you off. If you're willing to pay for a 50 graft test, why the delay?

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                            I don't know but to me it sounds they're just brushing you off. If you're willing to pay for a 50 graft test, why the delay?
                            Of course, it's the fear that Arashi could debunk them.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS

If that were the case, those would be incredible results, especially combined with the scarless aspect.

Any net gain of hair is enormous. You can always work on the technical issues to improve consistency.

I think it's frustrating though, that we still have no concrete answers and HASCI still behaves so secretive about their procedure, even to the same patients that invested a lot, both financially and emotionally, to get a procedure done.
                              Have you ever tried yourself to find an accurate answer for your observation?

Dr. Gho and the whole HSCI staff has the concrete answers already - at least concerning the "clinical relevance" of the HST technique ...

...or do you think they study the CLINICAL RELEVANCE of the HST technique with around 100 - 200 patients just for fun and will publish the whole outcome including each and every detail simply on hairloss forums?
                              If they would do the latter, practically every serious medical journal wouldn't publish their study anymore, because doing so, would interfere with the common publication politics.

All I can tell you guys, when you look at the column on the left side in the study snippet above, I guess almost every HST patient will admit, ALL mentioned objectives are fully justified - besides PARTIALLY point 3).

And especially concerning point 3), I think smart guys already know the accurate answer too - no?

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 534623
                                ...or do you think they study the CLINICAL RELEVANCE of the HST technique with around 100 - 200 patients just for fun and will publish the whole outcome including each and every detail simply on hairloss forums?
                                What clinical study are you talking about ? There's nothing about it on their site.

Comment

Working...