Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Joker
    Honestly, a two-page conversation about Dr. Gho in the Aderans thread?

You guys are seriously ruining everything that was good about this site.

Speaking on behalf of all the desperate, bald losers that come here looking for real information about HM (whether or not it will ever materialize), I'm asking you nicely to please give it a rest.
    Deal with it dude. We're all mates round here chatting and helping each other... and if you don't like it... you know where to shove it....

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Honestly, a two-page conversation about Dr. Gho in the Aderans thread?

You guys are seriously ruining everything that was good about this site.

Speaking on behalf of all the desperate, bald losers that come here looking for real information about HM (whether or not it will ever materialize), I'm asking you nicely to please give it a rest.

Really? Ruining it how? I asked how a treatment from Gho would affect a future treatment from Histogen/Aderans... if you have issues with individuals seeking the best advice on matters related directly to Aderans treatments than I suggest you find yourself a forum with extremely strict rules.

I dont understand why you wouldnt find this bit of information useful:

Get Gho treatment now for temporary relief and use Aderans later on *if* Gho's treatment won't affect Aderans down the line. But I'd like to know why you think this logic/questioning would ruin anything?

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
        Really? Ruining it how? I asked how a treatment from Gho would affect a future treatment from Histogen/Aderans... if you have issues with individuals seeking the best advice on matters related directly to Aderans treatments than I suggest you find yourself a forum with extremely strict rules.

I dont understand why you wouldnt find this bit of information useful:

Get Gho treatment now for temporary relief and use Aderans later on *if* Gho's treatment won't affect Aderans down the line. But I'd like to know why you think this logic/questioning would ruin anything?
        He does not think. He follows other's so called experts on Gho matters. Unqualified doctors that to talk about this issue with no evidence or even a well thought out scientific reason as to why it shouldn't be discussed.

I am very interested in Dr. Gho's medium. It is very impressive the yield he got in his clinical studies while using that medium. I think that's the main reason why none of his 3000 patients had a failed transplant like Kiwi.

I am very sorry Kiwi but you must look at the bright side. You still got donor left.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
          I can't even fathom this.

But after getting a failed HT (there are not 3000+ hairs in my f___ng head

and ACELL don't do shit) I feel like I'm in the same boat as you even though I'm 34.

If HTs were not around and if there wasnt crap hype I wouldnt have flown to Carolina to get a HT, and I would have simply shaved my head. Now I feel like a damn fool.
          let me guess - you got a 'golden standard' (fut) procedure, whereby your 3000+ grafts were bathed in an acell/saline solution - performed by dr. jerry cooley in north carolina?

Comment

• Oct 2011

quote dr. Rassman

“I keep seeing more and more patients that come in to meet with me after the hair transplants they got elsewhere failed to grow. This seems to be the case in large session grafting, usually above 2000 grafts.
            Last week I met with another young man who had 3000 grafts transplanted at a clinic with a doctor that I was not familiar with. Shockingly, he had a failure of graft growth to about 95% of what was put in.”
            quote spencer kobren (radio show – concerning dr. gho)

“You know, that is how I see it, there is nothing wrong with kinda doing a hybrid [gho vs standard bs], especially if you wanna live your life now and enjoy it. Cause I see these guys that only have 1500 grafts a shot, 2000 grafts a shot, and then have to wait a year between each procedure, so by the time to get 4000 grafts, with healing, it is going to be like 4 years. I mean it just seems like a long time in a young person’s life to wait for a result and to hope that they are actually getting scalp regeneration.”
            How do these two quotes fit together?

Comment

• Joker
              • Aug 2012

Sorry, everyone. I didn't realize that wanting to discuss Aderans in the Aderans thread was considered a serious offense. It won't happen again.

Anyways, I called Radiant Research today and I would like to sync my experience with JRQ's. I called the office in Florida (I'm not sure which one JRQ called) and they were indeed looking for individuals who were balding in the crown area, but not elsewhere. She explained the procedure, and mentioned that the amount of cells they implant varies from patient to patient. Sometimes the growth process yields 900 cells, sometimes 400, etc. I think 900 cells seems low, so I'm thinking she meant to say 900 units - each unit being perhaps thousands of cells. Anyways, she DID say that the process has been proven to work. Having said that, she was not the patient coordinator and was very far removed from the process for the most part. She could just be repeating what she's heard from others, and she didn't provide any meaningful amount of detail with regard to efficacy. She said that admissions are rolling, and they already have people in their study that have been injected and measured, which leads me to believe that they didn't JUST START the enrolling process as the website states. I left a message for the actual coordinator and *hopefully* she'll call back and is willing to give me more information on Monday.

Comment

• mlao
                • Oct 2009

Sorry, everyone. I didn't realize that wanting to discuss Aderans in the Aderans thread was considered a serious offense. It won't happen again.

Anyways, I called Radiant Research today and I would like to sync my experience with JRQ's. I called the office in Florida (I'm not sure which one JRQ called) and they were indeed looking for individuals who were balding in the crown area, but not elsewhere. She explained the procedure, and mentioned that the amount of cells they implant varies from patient to patient. Sometimes the growth process yields 900 cells, sometimes 400, etc. I think 900 cells seems low, so I'm thinking she meant to say 900 units - each unit being perhaps thousands of cells. Anyways, she DID say that the process has been proven to work. Having said that, she was not the patient coordinator and was very far removed from the process for the most part. She could just be repeating what she's heard from others, and she didn't provide any meaningful amount of detail with regard to efficacy. She said that admissions are rolling, and they already have people in their study that have been injected and measured, which leads me to believe that they didn't JUST START the enrolling process as the website states. I left a message for the actual coordinator and *hopefully* she'll call back and is willing to give me more information on Monday.
                Please keep the forum informed. Thanks.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by 534623
                  let me guess - you got a 'golden standard' (fut) procedure, whereby your 3000+ grafts were bathed in an acell/saline solution - performed by dr. jerry cooley in north carolina?
                  and, if so...
                  Computer system aids hair loss treatment
                  Published: July 24, 2012 at 1:21 AM
                  CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 24 (UPI) -- A U.S. firm said it can harvest follicular (hair) units directly from the scalp to provide hair restoration, using computer-assisted technology.

Dr. Jerry E. Cooley, founder and operator of the Carolina Dermatology Hair Center, in Charlotte, N.C., said the ARTAS System is approved by the U.S. government and he is the first to use the system to treat hair loss.

Cooley said more than 35 million men are affected by male pattern baldness -- androgenetic alopecia -- in the United States.

Approximately two-thirds of U.S. men will experience appreciable hair loss by age 35; by age 50, 85 percent will see significant loss in hair thickness. Genetic hair loss, which typically begins between late adolescence and before or during middle age, is largely untreatable outside of surgery, Cooley said.

Restoration Robotics Inc., provides an interactive, computer assisted system that uses image guided technology to enhance the quality of hair follicle harvesting for the benefit of physicians and their patients, Cooley said.

"I've always worked to provide my patients with the most effective, comfortable solutions available," Cooley said. "Needless to say, the ARTAS System represents a new and exciting addition to my practice. I'm confident my patients will benefit immensely from the system's advanced, highly sophisticated approach."
                  HOW ARTAS WORKS: THE MECHANICS

Cameras, color identification sensors, and 3-D imaging software guide the robotic arm of ARTAS in selecting which follicles to score. To carry out the rest of the FUE process, ARTAS employs:

- A needle punch mechanism
                  - Disposable dermal punches
                  - Disposable cartridges
                  - A video imaging system
                  - A user interface

This double-punch extraction technique requires an outer 16g (1.65mm) punch with cutting capabilities, along with an inner 18g (1.2 mm) punch with a blunt edge.

ARTAS is only approved for use on patients with

- straight hair
                  - that is dark brown
                  - or black in color.

The patient is positioned for the robot to punch out the grafts on a donor area of roughly 5 to 10cm at a time. During this time, the patient must remain absolutely still as the head is restrained by straps. After this, the surgeon removes each graft by hand with a pair of forceps. The patient is then repositioned for ARTAS to work on a new section of donor hair. This process continues until the extraction portion of surgery is complete. The implantation of grafts to the bald area is done using a traditional transplant approach.
                  ...how do these two quotes fit together??

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

400 cells? are you serious? Because I thought it would have been tens of millions of cells lol - I mean these are ****ing cells we're talking about right? Replicel implanted millions of cells in their phase 1.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

I haven't read much into it, but from what I've seen in the forums here and elsewhere online, Aderans bought out Bosley, MHR and HairClub for $165 Million dollars.

Food for thought; they spent THAT much cash on HairClub a couple or so years before they roll out a potentially working 'cure' so to speak. I don't think they bought out HairClub for the hell of it, it looks like they've really got a guaranteed working solution and are doing what Steve Jobs would do; secure the future market with one of the biggest players and roll out their own solution via HairClub and rake in the money. They wouldnt gamble on the acquisition if they didnt know if they had a working treatment, no investor/shareholder would be crazy enough otherwise.

Its simple logic really, it looks like a cure is really close.... god damn exciting time to live in if your balding, so much to look forward to right now, so many players.. its almost like a rat race.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

I haven't read much into it, but from what I've seen in the forums here and elsewhere online, Aderans bought out Bosley, MHR and HairClub for $165 Million dollars.

Food for thought; they spent THAT much cash on HairClub a couple or so years before they roll out a potentially working 'cure' so to speak. I don't think they bought out HairClub for the hell of it, it looks like they've really got a guaranteed working solution and are doing what Steve Jobs would do; secure the future market with one of the biggest players and roll out their own solution via HairClub and rake in the money. They wouldnt gamble on the acquisition if they didnt know if they had a working treatment, no investor/shareholder would be crazy enough otherwise.

Its simple logic really, it looks like a cure is really close.... god damn exciting time to live in if your balding, so much to look forward to right now, so many players.. its almost like a rat race.
                        Or they want to monopolize the WIG market

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 534623
                          Do you know other people that have had Jerry's "golden standard" procedure?

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Dont forget their purchase of Intercytex!

And if this is the case, and they're capable of offering cell therapy combined with a HT - why on earth would anyone visit a traditional HT doctor? For scars maybe? Perhaps the HT doctors would have to purchase a licence for a substantial amount off Aderans to incorporate the process into their own clinics.

Comment

• Artista
                              • Apr 2010

Id prefer to stay positive on this topic. 'hellouser' does make a good point here. Cautious Optimism is needed-lol

Comment

• Alf
                                • Jul 2012

I feel it to, too bad people have felt the same thing for decades, lol.

Comment

Working...