+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tell me if I'm wrong that your purpose here is to argue with people who suffer side effects, rather than help them.

Therein lies the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Tell me if I'm wrong that your purpose here is to argue with people who suffer side effects, rather than help them.

again with personal attacks.... answer my questions

2020 is not in the wrong here. Telling people to get their bloodwork checked out is FAR better and more useful advice (and based on using real medical science) than twattering on about black tea extract.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Originally Posted by chrisis

again with personal attacks.... answer my questions
    Chrisis, I agree with 2020 (taking another drug is bad), but I understand you, I also tried Claritin for 3 days (I'm allergic to dust anyways) with no change at all decided to stop. I've looked into Maca root but haven't tried it yet (but will). According to this study (similar to loratadine) it should be an alternative: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18801111

Have you thought about giving it a try?

Maca root sounds interesting. Where can you get it? And in what form, dosage? Thanks for the tip.

I'm a bit undecided on Clarityn right now. Last few days haven't been as good.

Maca root sounds interesting. Where can you get it? And in what form, dosage? Thanks for the tip.

ok fine ignore what I said before even though everyone agrees that I'm right....

I would suggest giving it a full month to deal with cycles before really coming to any conclusion. It makes sense that one would get excited when you notice an initial improvement, but it is not uncommon to see one treatment work for a little bit and then stop for unknown reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    I would suggest giving it a full month to deal with cycles before really coming to any conclusion. It makes sense that one would get excited when you notice an initial improvement, but it is not uncommon to see one treatment work for a little bit and then stop for unknown reasons.
    Yeah I'll keep it up for now. Probably got about a month's supply so we'll see how I am at the end of my batch.

I'm floored at the suggestion that it's a gamble for me to take a common household non-prescription medicine, that has side effects limited to a bit of drowsiness, while a drug that can potentially devastate your sexual health is defended to the death...

I usually get a bit of hayfever this time of year anyway, so taking Clarityn is not unusual for me.

If this doesn't resolve my problem however, I will go to a doctor and get some tests run.

Yeah I'll keep it up for now. Probably got about a month's supply so we'll see how I am at the end of my batch.

I'm floored at the suggestion that it's a gamble for me to take a common household non-prescription medicine, that has side effects limited to a bit of drowsiness, while a drug that can potentially devastate your sexual health is defended to the death...

I usually get a bit of hayfever this time of year anyway, so taking Clarityn is not unusual for me.

If this doesn't resolve my problem however, I will go to a doctor and get some tests run.
    To be fair there are people out there who say they have sexual issues after taking Claritin. Also, aspirin is an over the counter too but it causes plenty of deaths every year. Propecia is pretty much right on par when it comes to side effects compared to other drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    To be fair there are people out there who say they have sexual issues after taking Claritin. Also, aspirin is an over the counter too but it causes plenty of deaths every year. Propecia is pretty much right on par when it comes to side effects compared to other drugs.
    You can't say the side effects are on a par with aspirin and Clarityn when the Propecia studies are flawed, as I've pointed out again and again.