life ruined by diffuse thinning - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default life ruined by diffuse thinning

i had a life once. a desire to explore and experience things and meet people. now i'm just waiting around to die. the only thing that keeps me alive is residue from my past life, when i'm in nature and let my mind wander to the past, and feel the faintest hint of an emotion of contentedness or excitement that i used to feel. four years ago isn't that long but i can hardly remember who i was or what i felt like.

i'm only 28 and i have at least sixty more shitty years. might as well fight through the bad and appreciate the good until i return to the dirt, naked as i came in. can't wait for that day to come, when this identity no longer exists. no more hideous monster disfigured by hair loss.

hair loss history: thinned out very suddenly in late 2013 - early 2014, and just stopped there. no temple recession, just evenly spread diffuse thinning, which is always more noticeable on the crown as it's a naturally sparse spot even on full heads. i even look decent from the front, but one look at the back and it's game over. nobody wants to be with the guy with a bald, flat, dead crown. looks like i'm a ****ing grandpa. this life is done for me. i'll try again in the next existence.

the hair loss got just bad enough to turn me into an ugly beast, and the rest of my filaments remain, as if to taunt me. "i can ruin you without making you bald. enjoy the rat's nest." now i have the privilege of being humiliated by barbers every two weeks when i get my pile of fried straw trimmed down.

in terms of life quality there is no difference between nw1 with bald crown, and nw6. either way you're going to look like a piece of shit in 90% of the cases.

I think you're placing far too much value on your hair. You are not any less of a person for having fewer active follicles on your head. I know that balding can take a toll on a man's appearance, but it doesn't have to be the end of the world. Have you tried shaving it all off?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I understand what you are feeling and i made this account just now to reply because i had felt the same depression about my hair loss in the begining....but i most definitely grew into it and i am sure you will also. The first thing you need to do is accept it, i will never forget my first visit to the dermotalogist years ago when my hair started thinning bad (crown area,front of head and my sides having patchy non growing areas). She took a magnifer and looked at my head for 3 seconds to then say "yep male pattern baldness". Her only suggestions were to try propecia but warned me about potential issues that can occur from it. I felt like shit walking out of there and i also felt like my life was over. After a little research I determined propecia was not something i would consider because of the potential side effects which included - inability to orgasm, painful erections, chronic depression, insomnia, brain fog, and suicidal thoughts all which can last long after patients stop taking the pill. For a few years after that i hung onto whatever hair i had getting weekly haircuts that made me feel better about it until my barber said "what the hell are you doing, shave it !" I was nervous to pull the trigger until i took a mirror and saw what my head looked like from behind. I thought it looked horrible when i saw the bald crown area and hair around it (the horse shoe shape) so i told him to shave it as short as possible so it all looks the same. It was hard to adjust to and looked awkward because my head skin color was very white. I have to admit it did feel liberating after so many years of contemplating on shaving it. From there i tanned my head and also hit the gym to put on some size because having a ghost white head and being skinny with a bald head is not a good look. It could actually look like you are sick from illness that way. At times i grew my beard and had it shaped nicely which i felt took some attention away from my shiny head. I eventually moved to a razor (shick extreme 3) and shaved it daily then back to a buzzer #0. I personally think keeping it short,shaved/buzzed to match the bald areas is a much better look then hanging on to hair that is very thin,balding, or patchy. Although for some people it may work and also depends on what your hair situation is, if its not that bad then you may not need to shave/buzz it so short.

Also learn to show confidence in your balding, make light of it and own it. Friends and family may make jokes about it without knowing how it may bother you but don't show it. Laugh it off and tell them its easier the having hair and you don't have to pay for hair cuts. In reality i find keeping a freshly shaved/buzzed head more maintenance then having hair because you have to constantly be shaving/buzzing it down to keep the even appearance. Before i knew it I was getting compliments from friends and family. I had already been in a relationship before my thinning/balding fully started and she is still with me till today. If a girl wont be with you because you don't have a full head of hair then i don't think she is worth being with. If you meet a girl maybe wear a hat here and there in the beginning but i rather show her who i am from the gecko, thats up to you. Their are many great bald men in the world and its not a uncommon thing, in fact i believe its more accepted now then ever.

You are being way too depressed! Their are far more things to worry about in life then your hair, for example your health! The older i grew i realized that health is most important. Money, hair, cars, women etc are all secondary to your health because without it you cannot enjoy any of those. Think of someone who is stuck on a hospital bed for years watching everyone else live their life due to some disease or illness. Or someone who cannot physically move without assistance or medication. To me that is a far worse life then dealing with baldness. You are being to hard on yourself. Be grateful that your are living and breathing daily because things could be worse. This is your life so live it while you are here. Cut that shit out about waiting to die because of your hair loss. I am the same age as you and my hair loss will not stop me so it should not stop you. If you have to start slow by wearing a hat in public to eventually taking it off here and there to get comfortable then do it. Do not let this eat you up, stay strong !

Some of my tips :

-Keep your hair buzzed to a 0 or skin daily to match your bald areas. This way looks much cleaner and balding areas are less noticeable.

-Tan you're head/face if skin is very white, gives a nice healthy look to bald heads.

-Workout build size,muscle if skinny and bald

-Hats are a bald mans best friend, have fun collecting and wearing. Especially on days you didn't shave/buzz.

-Baby powder to take away oily, shiny head. Don't use to much or it will look white.

-Grow a beard and keep it lined up sharp - distracts from your head and gives some color to you face and head that is all skin.

-Try glasses, some frames look well on bald guys.

-Accept your baldness and show confidence towards it. Make light of it when someone makes jokes. Its cheaper then haircuts !

-Remember things can always be worse - as long as your healthy

thanks for the laugh boss

I hope it's ok if I give a woman's perspective. I'm very sorry you are losing your hair so young, I can only imagine it's extremely difficult. I just would like to mention that for many women, myself included, men with close cuts or shaved heads are very attractive. I am not saying that to minimize your sadness, but I would like you to know that others will see you in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I think you're placing far too much value on your hair.
    No he's not.

[-Remember things can always be worse - as long as your healthy[/QUOTE]

Not really. I went bald fifty years ago, and I still hate it with every fiber of my being.

I am diffuser too and i definetely get you.But there are solutions.if i understood correctly your front and mid scalp is decent. What about hair transplant on your crown and reconsidering propecia again

Some of you need to just man up