Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tedwuji
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by fred970
    No one would ever notice it. No one, I guarantee it. You're looking too far for excuses not to take the plunge.

But even then, as you're NW2.5, you don't need a surgery, yet. My surgeon was Rudi De Reys.
    Yeah its kinda at the point where its enough to just slightly annoy me, but not really warrant a surgery, yet.

I linger on here to check updates in advances and educate myself on current options incase I need to use them when the time comes. And it will come. Thankfully, slowly for me.

Comment

• tedwuji
      • Jun 2014

If I turn 35 and I am still stabilized like I have been the past 5 and half years, (I have literally lost like none since propecia) then I'll probably write my situation off as completely safe and get a nice dense hairline with 2,000 grafts.

I cant justify a strip and removing scalp laxity for anything less than 2k grafts. So Id just get 2 even though 1.5 would have done the trick.

H&W or Rahal strip

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Nice.

Look at Dr. Konior also if you go for FUT. Imo, he is pretty much the best worldwide and even has a slight edge over H&W (who are considered one of the best) and over Rahal . Have seen some sub-par cases of H&W lately.

Comment

• tedwuji
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
          Nice.

Look at Dr. Konior also if you go for FUT. Imo, he is pretty much the best worldwide and even has a slight edge over H&W (who are considered one of the best) and over Rahal . Have seen some sub-par cases of H&W lately.
          H&W has always been my first round draft pick, even more than Rahal honestly.

Where is Konior located? I'll have to Google him later...

Comment

• Swooping
            • May 2014

Originally posted by tedwuji
            H&W has always been my first round draft pick, even more than Rahal honestly.

Where is Konior located? I'll have to Google him later...
            Yeah true I would give H&W a slight edge over Rahal too.

Dr. Konior is located in Chicago. My pick personally would be either H&W or Konior (for FUT).

Comment

• tedwuji
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
              Yeah true I would give H&W a slight edge over Rahal too.

Dr. Konior is located in Chicago. My pick personally would be either H&W or Konior (for FUT).
              And FUE?

Comment

• StayThick
                • Oct 2012

And FUE?
                I would definitely do FUE with Rahal over any other surgeon right now. I personally would never do strip. Why the hell would you want a joker scar on the back of your head and pay for it?

Even if you stabilize and never shave down, why would you do that to your head versus FUE? I have seen a FUT scar in person and it's absolutely terrifying. I would never.

Comment

• tedwuji
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by StayThick
                  I would definitely do FUE with Rahal over any other surgeon right now. I personally would never do strip. Why the hell would you want a joker scar on the back of your head and pay for it?

Even if you stabilize and never shave down, why would you do that to your head versus FUE? I have seen a FUT scar in person and it's absolutely terrifying. I would never.
                  If i never shave down, the strip scar is pencil thin (seen those regulary from top docs like H&W) and i am getting all my grafts from the sweet spot the question as to why i would not get strip becomes equally compelling... no?

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

If i never shave down, the strip scar is pencil thin (seen those regulary from top docs like H&W) and i am getting all my grafts from the sweet spot the question as to why i would not get strip becomes equally compelling... no?
                    FUT is a thing of the past in my opinion. It's an old school way to do hair transplants since FUE has been introduced. Not sure what your definition of a "thin line" is, but every FUT scar I have ever seen in person has been absolutely horrifying and shows even with hair at a decent length in the back. Obviously, this may not be the case for every FUT, but to have a smile on the back of your head regardless of how "thin" you think it may be to me is not smart. FUE is not as noticeable and could be very undetectable even when shaved with the right doc.

Why would you pay to have a smile on the back of your head for life? What if you need to shave down? Prepare to get looks from others as if you're a creature from another planet. It's the reality of it, I have seen it to many times and also the reactions of others when they see it.

I wouldn't do it. Terrible decision IMHO.

Comment

• tedwuji
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by StayThick
                      FUT is a thing of the past in my opinion. It's an old school way to do hair transplants since FUE has been introduced. Not sure what your definition of a "thin line" is, but every FUT scar I have ever seen in person has been absolutely horrifying and shows even with hair at a decent length in the back. Obviously, this may not be the case for every FUT, but to have a smile on the back of your head regardless of how "thin" you think it may be to me is not smart. FUE is not as noticeable and could be very undetectable even when shaved with the right doc.

Why would you pay to have a smile on the back of your head for life? What if you need to shave down? Prepare to get looks from others as if you're a creature from another planet. It's the reality of it, I have seen it to many times and also the reactions of others when they see it.

I wouldn't do it. Terrible decision IMHO.
                      You havent addressed the hair coming from the sweet spot.

Or more fatty tissue protecting the dermal papillae, which decreases transection rates.

Also it's a fact you can get more grafts lifetime if you do FUT first followed by FUE after being stripped out.

My question to you is why would u pay MORE money to get LESS hair. It appears to me to be a mathematical fallacy.

If i get a hair transplant i will not shave my head. Scar wont matta

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                        • Aug 2015

You havent addressed the hair coming from the sweet spot.

Or more fatty tissue protecting the dermal papillae, which decreases transection rates.

Also it's a fact you can get more grafts lifetime if you do FUT first followed by FUE after being stripped out.

My question to you is why would u pay MORE money to get LESS hair. It appears to me to be a mathematical fallacy.

If i get a hair transplant i will not shave my head. Scar wont matta
                        It won't matter assuming the transplant turns out good and stays good. It's the people who eventually lose enough to just want to give up on the whole thing that then have the problem with a scar that stops them shaving down completely. Which is a way better look than the monk-style bald on top with hair at the back and sides unshaved.

Comment

• tedwuji
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                          It won't matter assuming the transplant turns out good and stays good. It's the people who eventually lose enough to just want to give up on the whole thing that then have the problem with a scar that stops them shaving down completely. Which is a way better look than the monk-style bald on top with hair at the back and sides unshaved.
                          Im 32 w/ mild loss & 5 years stable on fin

Comment

• HTsoon
                            • Feb 2016

Because a lot of FUSS surgeons tell you its an inferior procedure, the grafts are more fragile and the yield is up to 30% less, i've had only FUE so I can speak from my own experience the growth has been anything but amazing, doctors like Feller have an anti-FUE agenda they push hard and often times you see people simply regurgitating what he says verbatim, the truth is you can have amazing results with either procedure, does FUE have draw backs yes the price is one of them and you have to do more surgeries to get the same amount of grafts, the whole lifetime grafts is a load of bologne its logical fallacy based on a supposed "universal" donor zone, the truth is everyone's universal zone is different, there are man who die norwood 3 in their 90's so the hair outside of their "universal" zone was permanent, if they'd had a transplant and used this hair it would last a lifetime, in the same token there are men like Steve Ballmer who's hair is so sensitive to DHT that his temples have nearly completed receded and he has only a thin whispy ring of hair, the hair taken from a large strip would not be permanent on his case.

Comment

• tedwuji
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by HTsoon
                              Because a lot of FUSS surgeons tell you its an inferior procedure, the grafts are more fragile and the yield is up to 30% less, i've had only FUE so I can speak from my own experience the growth has been anything but amazing, doctors like Feller have an anti-FUE agenda they push hard and often times you see people simply regurgitating what he says verbatim, the truth is you can have amazing results with either procedure, does FUE have draw backs yes the price is one of them and you have to do more surgeries to get the same amount of grafts, the whole lifetime grafts is a load of bologne its logical fallacy based on a supposed "universal" donor zone, the truth is everyone's universal zone is different, there are man who die norwood 3 in their 90's so the hair outside of their "universal" zone was permanent, if they'd had a transplant and used this hair it would last a lifetime, in the same token there are men like Steve Ballmer who's hair is so sensitive to DHT that his temples have nearly completed receded and he has only a thin whispy ring of hair, the hair taken from a large strip would not be permanent on his case.
                              Imma strip out and then scour the zone w/ FUE in a nearly beligrent manner to get my 10k grafts lifetime while popping Fin daily from a Pez dispenser. Play2win

Comment

• tedwuji
                                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by HTsoon
                                Yo look at my pics, what do you think?

Comment

Working...