US government owned patent on hair follicle neogensis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luiza
    • Jun 2015

So??? Has someone sent them an email or called them?! C'mon guys, let's show our interest in their research!

Comment

• JayM
      • Apr 2015

Lacazette sent one but as far as I'm aware he received no reply.

Comment

• Desmond84
        • Oct 2012

Dr Beren Atac

Hi guys Lauster's team did launch their website. Here's the link:

Also, I contacted Dr Beren Atac about her work and attending this years congress and here's her reply:

"........I am very busy with new projects (still on hair and skin) and preparing the data for the next Microfollicle paper..

I submitted an abstract to the hair congress but I don't know yet if I will make it. It will depend also on the travel grant I applied. I guess I'll know more in beginning of August."

Hopefully she gets a travel grant to attend the congress and we get to hear what she's been up to

Comment

• lacazette
          • May 2015

Originally posted by JayM
          Lacazette sent one but as far as I'm aware he received no reply.
          Yes no replies
          Maybe I was too technical and cold in my questioning mail. If someone want to try, you should act like a sexy mum who search little answers and solutions for his desperate son^^ maybe we could have more chance to get something haha

To stay on the subject, here's a recent article from US army official homepage, regarding skingraft for their wounded soldiers. They are beginning phase 3 and had good results in phase 2 ( patient's with statagraft regenerate their own skin (no statagraft DNA))

Conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan brought a surge in burn and blast wound injuries from improvised explosive devices. Many who sustain such injuries endure years of rehabilitation and countless surgeries.

"Finding innovative strategies to heal these complex wounds more quickly, with fewer complications and less long-term impact from scarring, contractures and disability is a high priority for military medicine.

In 2008, the Department of Defense established the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine, or AFIRM, led by the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine and Rutgers University. AFIRM was designed as a partnership between academia, industry and the government to deliver regenerative medicine therapies with the goal of restoring form and function to the most critically-injured wounded warriors.

"Regenerative medicine is a rapidly growing area of science that aims to unlock the body's own ability to rebuild, restore or replace damaged tissue and organs," said Kristi Pottol, director of the Tissue Injury and Regenerative Medicine Program Management Office.

At Fort Detrick, Maryland, the Tissue Injury and Regenerative Medicine Project Management Office at the U.S. Army Medical Materiel Development Activity is monitoring the progress of two new burn treatments under development with DOD funding:

*ReCell

*StrataGraft

StrataGraft is for more severe burns. Developed by Stratatech Corporation, StrataGraft is a living, meshable, suturable human skin substitute that reproduces many of the structural and biological properties of normal human skin.

"The promise of both of these new technologies is that they could be the first substantial change in how burn and skin injuries are treated in the last half century," said Dr. Wendy Dean, Tissue Injury and Regenerative Medicine Program Management Office medical advisor. "Sparing burn patients the pain of large donor sites, or offering surgeons a ready-made, permanent option for wound coverage could lead to a paradigm shift in skin injury treatment."

On the stratagraft company website, they already in phase 3 in their pipeline:

Most recently, a proof-of-concept clinical trial in patients with second degree, deep, partial-thickness burns was completed in October 2014. Of 28 evaluable per-protocol patients, 27 (96%) achieved complete wound closure by Day 90 with a single application of StrataGraft tissue. The sole outlier closed in following weeks. Moreover, no StrataGraft DNA was detectable at Day 90, confirming the patients had regenerated their own skin.

If their findings on skin are working, it gives hope that their findings on hair growth could take the same road

Comment

• baldybald
            • Jul 2012

It makes me happy when I hear German people are making researches and I trust them more than Japanese people, not only in researches but also cars : )

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
              Hopefully she gets a travel grant to attend the congress and we get to hear what she's been up to
              She could just tell us or someone else through a different means of what her and Lauster have been up to, it's not like Hair Congress is the only way of having her let everyone know what theyve been up to.

Comment

• joachim
                • May 2014

wow, this stratagraft skin technology looks great. i'm always glad when i see biotechnology evolving like this.
                still not really helpful for hair, but who knows what else they have.
                for burn patients and other wounds this skin substitute is fantastic.

Comment

• Renee
                  • Jul 2015

In order for skin to be functional and normal looking it needs hair. So hopefully they figured out that part as well.

Comment

• Renee
                    • Jul 2015

StrataGraft is for more severe burns. Developed by Stratatech Corporation, StrataGraft is a living, meshable, suturable human skin substitute that reproduces many of the structural and biological properties of normal human skin.

Comment

• GSD
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by baldybald
                      It makes me happy when I hear German people are making researches and I trust them more than Japanese people, not only in researches but also cars : )
                      haha trust me im german. im very happy that shiseido is a japanese company with japanese researchers. replicel trials in germany will need many years more to complete and for releasing the product. The quality of german work and research is good but very very very slow. it would need approximately 10 years more.

Comment

• FooFighter
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by GSD
                        haha trust me im german. im very happy that shiseido is a japanese company with japanese researchers. replicel trials in germany will need many years more to complete and for releasing the product. The quality of german work and research is good but very very very slow. it would need approximately 10 years more.
                        Actually, i have been in Germany couple of times. Germans are one of the smartest nations in the world and really hardworking people with very good work ethic, but Germany has very strong laws and thats why clinical trials are so slow. It is much more good than third world countries where people like Nigam are national stars, lol!

Comment

• lacazette
                          • May 2015

I put this here in the right topic

Here is all the contacts of Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine. Can someone who speak good English could phone at some of their numbers? I will send mails but maybe by phone we could have more chances to get infos on what's goin on regarding hairloss and see if the inventions in the patent are being tested, are preparing to be tested, or if not at all

"Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine
                          6720-A Rockledge Drive, Suite 100
                          Bethesda, MD 20817

Main Phone Number 240-694-2000
                          Main Fax Number 240-694-3100
                          Accounts Payable 240-694-4032 ap@hjf.org
                          Clinical Trials 240-694-4017 clinicaltrials@hjf.org
                          Communications 240-694-4018 HJF_Communications@hjf.org
                          Contracting 240-694-4019 contracting@hjf.org
                          Development donate@hjf.org
                          Office of Education and Meetings 240-694-4002 education@hjf.org
                          Ethics Hotline 866-687-2321 https://hjf.alertline.com
                          Ethics and Business Conduct Department 240-694-4004 ethics@hjf.org
                          Financial Reports 240-694-4020 reporting@hjf.org
                          Graphic Production Services 240-694-2036 design@hjf.org
                          HIV/International Contracting 240-694-2081 hiv_contracting@hjf.org
                          Human Resources 240-694-4008 hr@hjf.org
                          International Program Support Office 240-694-4027 ipso@hjf.org
                          Legal 240-694-2063 legal@hjf.org
                          Payroll 240-694-4024 payroll@hjf.org
                          Program Management Office 240-694-4025 pmo@hjf.org
                          Purchasing 240-694-4009 purchasing@hjf.org
                          usupurchasing@hjf.org
                          Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance 240-694-4026 regulatoryaffairs@hjf.org
                          Research Initiatives Office 240-694-4016 research@hjf.org
                          Safety 240-694-4050 safety@hjf.org
                          Sponsored Programs 240-694-4040 osp@hjf.org
                          Technology Transfer & Commercialization 240-694-4028 techtransfer@hjf.org
                          Travel 240-694-4013 travel-docs@hjf.org
                          USU Services 240-694-2087 USUServices@hjf.org
                          San Antonio Office 210-878-5124

Comment

• lacazette
                            • May 2015

Hey guys!! I got a response from Mr Darling! all he taks here is regarding hairloss solution(good and bad news)

"Thank you for your interest in our work. We are very excited about it. Any development will be for everyone not just military. It is not ready for a clinical trial yet. We need to improve the process and I suspect that it will be years until ready for a clinical trial. I am optimistic that this approach or approaches being developed by others will eventually work in humans.

Regards,

Tom Darling"

At least he seems to really believe in their works
                            he "suspects", so in a lucky world, 2/3 years to perfect the process, then a collaboration in japan, and 2/3 years of clinical trials ^^
                            Let's hope it will take less than 5 years to begin clinical trial. At least at that time, there will be the 21st century cure bill changes, and this probable solution is huge and "groundbreaking", so it will accelerate the processus. And as I said, in a lucky world , there will be a collaboration with japan, for the asia market

well here we talk about successful follicular neogenesis, so the full real cure, it's normal that it will come after SM,Seti,Histogen,etc
                            But for now, we don't need the full cure to be saved, a combination for ex of SM if it works and a good HT will give us great results even for Nwd5,6
                            And even the Norwood 7 will have a solution with piloscopy (overharvest the donor area, put all on the top, and make smp/bht on the sides and back , military cut for everyone héhé

Comment

• luiza
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by lacazette
                              Hey guys!! I got a response from Mr Darling! all he taks here is regarding hairloss solution(good and bad news)

"Thank you for your interest in our work. We are very excited about it. Any development will be for everyone not just military. It is not ready for a clinical trial yet. We need to improve the process and I suspect that it will be years until ready for a clinical trial. I am optimistic that this approach or approaches being developed by others will eventually work in humans.

Regards,

Tom Darling"

At least he seems to really believe in their works
                              he "suspects", so in a lucky world, 2/3 years to perfect the process, then a collaboration in japan, and 2/3 years of clinical trials ^^
                              Let's hope it will take less than 5 years to begin clinical trial. At least at that time, there will be the 21st century cure bill changes, and this probable solution is huge and "groundbreaking", so it will accelerate the processus. And as I said, in a lucky world , there will be a collaboration with japan, for the asia market

well here we talk about successful follicular neogenesis, so the full real cure, it's normal that it will come after SM,Seti,Histogen,etc
                              But for now, we don't need the full cure to be saved, a combination for ex of SM if it works and a good HT will give us great results even for Nwd5,6
                              And even the Norwood 7 will have a solution with piloscopy (overharvest the donor area, put all on the top, and make smp/bht on the sides and back , military cut for everyone héhé
                              Hey, thanks for the post!! So the Wake Forest University study has nothing do to with it?
                              Well, anyway I guess he meant the 10 years away thing.

Comment

• luiza
                                • Jun 2015

Lacazette, could you ask him how many year he thinks it will probably take so we could have a better idea?

Comment

Working...