HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlmostUndone
    • May 2015

You could start with those, although I didn't take much time into rotating them for you.

Here's one picture so you can see more of the B4 angle:

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Thanks mate, these are helpful indeed !

One week per temple was a bit too optimistic it seems now, I figured I only needed 1 before and 1 after photo but that's impossible unfortunately sine there's no 1 photo that shows the whole area sharp enough. So we need several photo's. Luckily you've shot enough, so it's just a matter of time and dedication ...

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

So a little progress update, here's where I'm at right now:

After HST recipient photo's:

www.hasci-exposed.com/after_B9_main.bmp (the 'main' after photo)

Before HST recipient photo's:
        www.hasci-exposed.com/before_main.bmp (the 'main' before photo)

As you can see, I've used 2 before photo's and 4 after photo's. As we need to determine how much new hairs were added to your recipient, the after photo quality for the recipient needs to be better than the before photo's, which are only needed to pinpoint the new grafts. Hence I needed 4 after photo's and 'only' 2 before photo's.

As you can see in the main before photo: www.hasci-exposed.com/before_main.bmp I've mapped the whole area. The only part that's not mapped in much detail is the temple part, this is because it's really hard to map. To me it SEEMS that most/all of the hairs there died and got replace with fresh donor ones, because the hairs are mostly very thin in the before photo's and very thick in the after photo's. So I'm tempted to count all hairs in that area as new ones. Luckily these are all singles, so if there's an error there it doesn't skew the result too much.

Anyway I'll now only need to go over the whole area again, add missing circles and count everything. But I'm tired of all this right now, will continue next week and do something else with my free time than count hairs, for a change

Comment

• AlmostUndone
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Arashi
          Anyway I'll now only need to go over the whole area again, add missing circles and count everything. But I'm tired of all this right now, will continue next week and do something else with my free time than count hairs, for a change
          That's a good idea probably. I'm surprised how well you're doing. I feel like that everything would have taken twice as long for me. I might compile the last 'wound' pictures soon just in case!

Tip: For counting purposes, it's not necessary to map all of the blue areas, as 99% of their surface show no new hairs.

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

My latest progress update:

After HST recipient photo's:

www.hasci-exposed.com/after_B9_main.bmp (the 'main' after photo)

Before HST recipient photo's:
            www.hasci-exposed.com/before_main.bmp (the 'main' before photo)

@Almostundone: do you have a way of linking one of the wound pictures to a before or after picture ? This would be extremely helpful ! Right now, it's sometimes really hard to see if there's a new graft or if it's just the same graft as before (especially if there's a graft with 'lighter' colour in the before picture, it might be that it's a dying graft and if there's a much 'darker' graft in pretty much the same spot, it looks like a new graft, but we can't know 100% sure. A link with the wounds pictures would remove the doubt here).

Anyway all this is a huge job, I'm not sure how much time I'll have the coming weeks but I guess this is going to take a while ...

Comment

• AlmostUndone
              • May 2015

@Almostundone: do you have a way of linking one of the wound pictures to a before or after picture ? This would be extremely helpful ! Right now, it's sometimes really hard to see if there's a new graft or if it's just the same graft as before (especially if there's a graft with 'lighter' colour in the before picture, it might be that it's a dying graft and if there's a much 'darker' graft in pretty much the same spot, it looks like a new graft, but we can't know 100% sure. A link with the wounds pictures would remove the doubt here).
              I don't. Sorry.

Comment

• shazam
                • Oct 2016

HASCI seems to have achieved a very good result with Wesley Sneijder...

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by AlmostUndone
                  I don't. Sorry.
                  Well I have been staring for hours at the wounds pictures, just couldn't figure out how to link them to the before/after pictures but I've just managed to do it ! Exciting stuff, I was getting bored with this, but now that I've managed to link the wound pictures, it's become so much easier AND will yield a much better result ! I already noticed that not all transplanted grafts survived (like HASCI always claimed), this is what made the linking harder.

I'll upload the linked pictures soon

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Here is how the wounds link into to the after picture:

* Yellow circles: grafts I've found via the wounds picture
                    * White circles: grafts I had located already via the previous method
                    * Red circles: grafts that didnt make it
                    * Green circles: grafts that were not transplanted but simply were there already.

Man, I'm quite excited, this speeds up the process big time AND makes it so much better I must admit, the idea of giving up was going through my mind, if you just compare after to before pictures, you'll never know 100% sure if a graft was new or not, IF there was a graft in the before picture that died and HASCI put a new one in roughly the same spot. But now with the wounds pictures we can pinpoint them all and we simply know for sure

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                      • May 2015

Wtf, how was that done? Very nice. Here are more wound pictures:

Ps. There is a semi-permanent red spot in the upper-right corner of the upper-right image. Maybe you can use it to link the wound pics to the before pics?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Ps. There is a semi-permanent red spot in the upper-right corner of the upper-right image. Maybe you can use it to link the wound pics to the before pics?

The linking to before and after has become pretty trivial now: http://www.hasci-exposed.com/wounds%20-%20EDITnew.bmp check out the lines to the right The blue encircled area to the right that you've found indeed marked the end of the area where grafts to transplanted.

However I did make some errors in the numbering, going to go over all it tomorrow again, but as you can easily see in the lines (especially inside the blue area), it all is linked correctly now, before to after to wounds

Still, it's quite a bit of work but now that everything is linked together, the rest should be easier. It's still not trivial though, the fact that not all grafts survived does make it a bit harder, it's still a bit of a puzzle that way, but at least it's so much easier now than when we just had before and after pics.

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s_right_95.jpg
                          Do you have more wound pics of the left temple ?

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                            • May 2015

Do you have more wound pics of the left temple ?
                            Not necessarily many useful ones, except for a smaller set I found in a different folder. Same thing with the right side. Good luck!

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

Not necessarily many useful ones, except for a smaller set I found in a different folder. Same thing with the right side. Good luck!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5_addendum.jpg
                              Thanks, there are some useful shots there !

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Ok, a little progress update: I've succeeded in mapping & linking a huge part of the wound picture. Take a look at:

(please ignore the numbering in most of it, it's still not correct, need to fix it up)

You can easily see that the right part, right of the recipient area is linked and mapped correctly. It's easy to see since no grafts got transplanted and no hairs died in that area, so the before, after and wound pics show pretty much the same hairs.

Same goes for the part above the recipient area. So working from the right inwards and from the top downwards it's of course getting more and more difficult, since in that area new grafts were transplanted (which didnt always grow) and this is also the area where the most hairs died, so in short, linking becomes much more difficult here, the more you go inwards/downwards the more difficult it becomes.

It would be really helpful if we could do the same for the part left of the recipient area. Unfortunately I haven't seen any really good and useful wounds photo's from this part. You did supply two that are interesting but unfortunately they were taken from another angle. Easiest would be where the hair is angled like in this photo:

So we could then easily map the wounds picture onto that and start also working from the left inwards to the transplanted area.

Anyway here is all I have so far:
                                after pics:

before pics:

wound pics:

I'm not 100% sure of everything closest to the hairline. That's why I think it would be really helpful to find a way to link a wound picture with clear view of the left area to the before/after but I'm still not sure if we can even do that using the current photo's....

Anyway I'm afraid my work will be going on ultra low speed next weeks, don't have much time and I'm getting a bit demotivated now, really sucks we miss that good wound shot of the left part of your left temple.

*EDIT* BTW, I did try these photo's of that area, which can be linked via point A and B (which I've marked in the pics, see also the same letters in that wounds4 pic) but unfortunately the hair in those pics is shot at a very different angle and it's hard to make sense out of the hairs:

Anyway I'm also getting a bit tired and bored with this all. Maybe you can have a go at it and correct/build upon this foundation ?

Comment

Working...