Where are the phase IIb results for Bimatoprost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unbalding
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Paul73
    Hello guys,

Please, whatīs your opinion on latanoprost? Do you think it could give similar results to Bim? I know we donīt have enough info about Bim., but many local pharmacies here in Brazil are already selling latanoprost. So at least the safety of the formula seems to be proven.

Should i give it a try? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
    It is equivalent, but don't waste your money. It's .03%, which is useless. It looks like 1% is the sweet spot, but that would be a huge waste of money for something that is no better than minoxidil.

Comment

• Paul73
      • May 2014

Originally posted by unbalding
      It is equivalent, but don't waste your money. It's .03%, which is useless. It looks like 1% is the sweet spot, but that would be a huge waste of money for something that is no better than minoxidil.
      Thanks for the answer, unbalding. Well, i thought that maybe latanoprost could be used together with min. So they would have a synergy effect. By the way, many places sell a foam compounding of Latanoprost and MIn.

I didnīt know the results were weaker than minoxidil. I already use minoxidil for 20 years, i was hoping that latanoprost could help to improve minoxidil results.

Comment

• unbalding
        • Sep 2014

They work by the same or similar mechanism, so I doubt using both would be of any benefit.

Comment

• Paul73
          • May 2014

Originally posted by unbalding
          They work by the same or similar mechanism, so I doubt using both would be of any benefit.
          Thanks for the info.

BTW, i just checked here the dosage. Itīs 0.005% and not 0.03%.

Comment

• Keki
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Paul73
            Thanks for the info.

BTW, i just checked here the dosage. Itīs 0.005% and not 0.03%.
            Latanoprost can improve minox, they are not the same, we actually don't know well how minox works at all, i've seen some pics of a doc which prescribed latanoprost to a minox user and it actually improved a little, but you have to be extremely lucky with that dosage, i think the minimum amount to hope for some hairs back are 0.1% or more, extremely expensive, we need to wait bim for something more stable in the results and mass produced

Comment

• PinotQ
              • May 2010

I don't recall anyone posting on the latest trial results but I saw this yesterday: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/allergan/
              The first R&D presentation PDF, on page 17, describes the results as "still early but positive results". I assume this is the latest trial as it posts results for Bimatoprost 1% & 3%. The results are a bit inconclusive as the Subject Self Assessment for minox is higher than for either 1% or 3% bim but the Expert Panel and Global Assessment is higher for Bim....by an estimated 10% to 20% (the graph is not detailed) over minox.
              Not earth shattering but it looks like they plan to move forward as further studies are planned.

Comment

• JayM
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by PinotQ
                I don't recall anyone posting on the latest trial results but I saw this yesterday: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/allergan/
                The first R&D presentation PDF, on page 17, describes the results as "still early but positive results". I assume this is the latest trial as it posts results for Bimatoprost 1% & 3%. The results are a bit inconclusive as the Subject Self Assessment for minox is higher than for either 1% or 3% bim but the Expert Panel and Global Assessment is higher for Bim....by an estimated 10% to 20% (the graph is not detailed) over minox.
                Not earth shattering but it looks like they plan to move forward as further studies are planned.
                Page 58 bud.

Comment

• PinotQ
                  • May 2010

Sorry....not sure how I missed all of that!
                  Originally posted by JayM
                  Page 58 bud.

Comment

Working...