Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechamp
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doke
    I notice there was a trial of tretinoin with minoxidil and that a 0.5% strength showed good results, so that strength maybe better to use if 0.25% is causing irritation remember guys do not apply retina a during daytime as you should not go out into sunlight best used at nights.
    Where can I buy minoxdil with tretinoin or retina a is it the same thing I know doctor Klein sells it ?

Comment

• doke
      • Jun 2009

hi champ i think mintop is one that has retina a in also spectral 5% minoxidil has retinal in it but it does not say what percent.
      Many have gone off the market as in the late 80s and 90s there was a lot of minox with tretinoin in.
      The problem is it only a once a day at night application due to not being able to go out in sunlight or even using a sunbed when you have applied tretinoin.
      We need to ask spectral what percent is in there formula? another is perfect solutions minoxidil whicg has retina a in and loads of other ingredience but does not say again what percent.
      Then there is Dr Lewenbergs formula which is 2% minoxidil + tretinoin 0.25% which he has a sensitive formula, which we know has to be applied 3-4 times a day for at least a year, and if you get regrowth it can then be applied less.
      There again its pricey as you need at least 3 bottles a month although he does have a discount on 10 bottles and also he has a contact scheme of 2-3 bottles a month which is a bit cheaper.
      He has his followers and seems to have had some good success i did try his normal formula and it made my scalp sore so im not sure of the sensitive one.
      I may have been applying it wrong as you are supposed to keep it at about 8-9inchs away from the scalp and just use it like a hair spray and not even supposed to rub it in.

Comment

• thechamp
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doke
        hi champ i think mintop is one that has retina a in also spectral 5% minoxidil has retinal in it but it does not say what percent.
        Many have gone off the market as in the late 80s and 90s there was a lot of minox with tretinoin in.
        The problem is it only a once a day at night application due to not being able to go out in sunlight or even using a sunbed when you have applied tretinoin.
        We need to ask spectral what percent is in there formula? another is perfect solutions minoxidil whicg has retina a in and loads of other ingredience but does not say again what percent.
        Then there is Dr Lewenbergs formula which is 2% minoxidil + tretinoin 0.25% which he has a sensitive formula, which we know has to be applied 3-4 times a day for at least a year, and if you get regrowth it can then be applied less.
        There again its pricey as you need at least 3 bottles a month although he does have a discount on 10 bottles and also he has a contact scheme of 2-3 bottles a month which is a bit cheaper.
        He has his followers and seems to have had some good success i did try his normal formula and it made my scalp sore so im not sure of the sensitive one.
        I may have been applying it wrong as you are supposed to keep it at about 8-9inchs away from the scalp and just use it like a hair spray and not even supposed to rub it in.
        Should I buy remox 3 perent minoxdil or 5 percebt with retina a is the 3 percebt less chance of sides ?

Comment

• Jazz1
          Inactive
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
          Should I buy remox 3 perent minoxdil or 5 percebt with retina a is the 3 percebt less chance of sides ?
          I would avoid the retina version all over the scalp it could sting, use the DMI version if your buying Dr kleins spray form. If your also adding the lotion use the tretinoin lotion on the temples.

Comment

• thechamp
            • Jan 2011

Stay thick up date with your igrow ?

Comment

• thechamp
              • Jan 2011

How's everyone's igrow doing my hair is still looking very positive ATM no shedding , and still thick any one updates ?

Comment

• Jazz1
                Inactive
                • Aug 2012

I'm thinking of doing a test on my mum to see if this helmet actually is doing anything or not! She's very thin ontop and losing hair, I'm thinking of testing the igrow documenting the pictures, I'm going to ask her and see but this will be the only treatment she will be using .

Comment

• thechamp
                  • Jan 2011

Jazz I'm sure igrow is contributing to your success and thickness of your hair, my hair has deferentially majorly thicken up from igrow.

Comment

• cthulhu2
                    • Jun 2014

My before and after 8 week igrow progress been using minoxdill five percent twice a day for 7 months added igrow two months in positive results you be the judge.
                    your hairloss is hardly noticeable, which is why I can't really tell a difference between the two. In my opinion, you don't really need minoxidil or any type of hair loss treatment because your stage of hairloss is so minor.

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

Champs hair looked the same 3-4 years ago.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                        • Jun 2013

It is just really hard to judge improvement unless your match your after pictures with the before. I am talking same hair length, lighting and angle. I thought I noticed some improvement in thechamp's last pics, but with some hair types, styles, lengths, it is difficult.

Comment

• Jcm800
                          • Jan 2011

I hear you, but I've seen his pics several different times,, I never see a bald spot developing.. I've got one tho since 4 yrs ago

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Guys I wouldn't say lasers are a scam as theres plenty scientific evidence to back them up, but hell no can a laser helmet or any other device halt or regrow hair! I reckon it might help in conjunction with other treatments, no way is it better than minxoxidol that's my verdict. I use Promox kits and that has always thickened my hair, I'm just using the laser helmet for the sake of the studies.

Recently it's got me thinking for us forum members I'm going to do a proper study on my mum and document this, she's losing hair and thinning I'm going to get her to use this helmet without any other treatments, purely based on the helmet results, than that will tell us if these lasers actually work, what do you guys reckon shall I document it ?

Comment

• Jazz1
                              Inactive
                              • Aug 2012

Jazz I'm sure igrow is contributing to your success and thickness of your hair, my hair has deferentially majorly thicken up from igrow.

There's only one way to find out, I'm going to document my mum with just the Igrow nothing else, this will Proove if lasers are bullshit or help

Comment

• thechamp
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jazz1
                                Guys I wouldn't say lasers are a scam as theres plenty scientific evidence to back them up, but hell no can a laser helmet or any other device halt or regrow hair! I reckon it might help in conjunction with other treatments, no way is it better than minxoxidol that's my verdict. I use Promox kits and that has always thickened my hair, I'm just using the laser helmet for the sake of the studies.

Recently it's got me thinking for us forum members I'm going to do a proper study on my mum and document this, she's losing hair and thinning I'm going to get her to use this helmet without any other treatments, purely based on the helmet results, than that will tell us if these lasers actually work, what do you guys reckon shall I document it ?
                                Why don't you stop igrow I garentee you will loose thickness

Comment

Working...