Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_dude78
    • May 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
    Do you guys think these results could be long lasting even if use of minoxidil is discontinued after a 12 week trial?
    Impossible for any of us to say, but this is what was said in their discussion:

"On retrospective questioning of patients after 8 months of completion of the study, at the time of writing the manuscript, all patients in the Microneedling group reported a sustainable response."

So that's good news. Also we should be able to see some results before 12 weeks. Judging from the photos the new hair has already grown quite long after only 12 weeks.

Comment

• the_dude78
      • May 2011

Also this: "The results of this study show that Microneedling is a safe and a promising tool in hair stimulation both for male and female AGA and also is useful to treat hair loss refractory to Minoxidil therapy. We opine that Microneedling procedure should be offered to patients with AGA along with the existing therapeutic modalities for faster hair re-growth and better patient compliance."

I just think it is sort of comforting to read

Comment

• HARIRI
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
        Impossible for any of us to say, but this is what was said in their discussion:

"On retrospective questioning of patients after 8 months of completion of the study, at the time of writing the manuscript, all patients in the Microneedling group reported a sustainable response."

So that's good news. Also we should be able to see some results before 12 weeks. Judging from the photos the new hair has already grown quite long after only 12 weeks.
        The_dude78, Great study indeed.

This guy in the video is rolling his scalp roller pretty fast with no pain at all and no sneezing. Interesting

A simple homecare regrowth system for men & women who wish to stop alopecia, baldness, hair loss and thinning hair now. This Clearskincare demonstration show...

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by HARIRI
          The_dude78, Great study indeed.

This guy in the video is rolling his scalp roller pretty fast with no pain at all and no sneezing. Interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4kkIU7zmlk
          He can't possibly be pressing hard agains his scalp, also, this:

We use a 0.75mm needle length as this gives us the best results with minimal pain & bleeding and maximum durability of the needle. go to our website for further information
          Study used a 1.5mm dermaroller.

Comment

• the_dude78
            • May 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
            He can't possibly be pressing hard agains his scalp, also, this:

Study used a 1.5mm dermaroller.
            It just doesn't look very safe the way he sometimes changes direction without lifting the roller first. If he were pressing hard, he could end up with some nasty scratches, so I agree, he can't be pressing that hard. But since it was to make minox absorb better and not about wounding, it was probably hard enough.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
              It just doesn't look very safe the way he sometimes changes direction without lifting the roller first. If he were pressing hard, he could end up with some nasty scratches, so I agree, he can't be pressing that hard. But since it was to make minox absorb better and not about wounding, it was probably hard enough.
              For absorption, sure, he's probably fine with shorter needles and a gentler press. But I doubt he has any clue about the wounding theory.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                • Jun 2012

For absorption, sure, he's probably fine with shorter needles and a gentler press. But I doubt he has any clue about the wounding theory.
                We must see blood for wounding to occur?
                Personally I think no

Comment

• the_dude78
                  • May 2011

Yeah, definitely not. I'm guessing very few new about that back in 2008 when the video was made. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about this, because even though derma rolling for hair loss has been around for some years, it seems that no one has been doing it right, because no one knew about the wounding theory. It has always been for absorption and people was using it every day and not allowing for the process to complete. It's going to be interesting, still waiting for my roller though, can't wait to get started.

Comment

• the_dude78
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                    We must see blood for wounding to occur?
                    Personally I think no
                    in the study it says "mild erythema", so I'm guessing no. But I have no idea.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                      • Jun 2012

Can I just use alcohol to clean the roller?

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

A rectified spirits or high concentration alcohol will work fine. If not, just go to your pharmacy and get some antiseptic or isopropyl for a few dollars.

Comment

• LevonHelms
                          • Jul 2013

That's how I've been cleaning mine.

Couple of other things, if you have longer hair you should roll in one direction otherwise you risk tangling your hair and yanking some out.

Also, I would suggest inspecting all your needles for straightness. When I first got mine I found one bent nearly all the way to 90 degrees. The other 191 needles were fine. I was able to straighten it out without further issue, but I'm sure a bent needle would feel even worse than a straight one.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                            • Dec 2010

Is there a general consensus on what the best derma roller to buy is?

Comment

• baldnotbeautiful
                              • Oct 2012

so then is it ok to use RU as well while doing this? or just supposed to be minox only?

Comment

• walrus
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by baldnotbeautiful
                                so then is it ok to use RU as well while doing this? or just supposed to be minox only?
                                No one knows for sure. Any advice on this would be a guess. What we can say based on the study, is that RU certainly isn't necessary.

Comment

Working...