• Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Aright,

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Alright, well it looks interesting is all I'm saying.

Comment

• cloud9
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cloud9
        Hi guys. I have been reading the posts about dermarolling . I have a dermaroller with the 1.50 mm needles so I may give this a try once a week .

Here is a tread from immortalhair that may help with rolling . http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t...ing-with-20-Hi guys
        A guy their is using a scalp peel with a 20 % glycolic acid and getting great results . He applies the peel once every day and leaves it on over night . Shampoos it off then uses a scalp massager to take off the dry skin . His before and after pictures are amazing . Take a look
        I made a mistake posting this . Read the tread from the very first post on page one .He is the one with the good results .

Comment

• fred970
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by chimera
          No idea if it works or not, but how would glycolic acid be a scam?...

It's not like the guy from that thread is selling it, as you can find it almost everywhere...
          This guy also offers 99$ Skype consultations for hair loss on his forum. It allows him to advice people to try more bogus methods to regrow their hair.

Comment

• Bocaj
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fred970
            This guy also offers 99$ Skype consultations for hair loss on his forum. It allows him to advice people to try more bogus methods to regrow their hair.
            Just so ppl know...Fred is referring to Immortalhair there...not the OP of that thread.

Comment

• chimera
              • Aug 2012

I don't understand.... is immortal-hair a forum or a person?

Comment

• Bocaj
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by chimera
                I don't understand.... is immortal-hair a forum or a person?
                Ha..it's both. Although he changed his nick to Causticsymmetry for whatever reason. Maybe it had something to do with the Immortalhair-plagiarizing link....

Back to dermarolling...I've decided to rotate the pen with my .25 vibrating dermaroller. Give the gouging my scalp a bit more of a break while still giving it a workout in-between- it does get all red and numb from using it.

Comment

• greatjob!
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rogering
                  Interesting.......I am unaware of any scientific reason or evidence as to how injuring your scalp (or in this case your dermis by using long needles) can stimulate hair regrowth.

"Hi I'm Dr. George Cotsarelis, have we met?"

Originally posted by rogering
                  The injury to the dermis caused by skin needling stimulates collagen and elastin production to infill indented scars and improve skin texture and tone. There is no proof or reasoning to suggest that injuring dermis can stimulate hair regrowth. Rather skin needling stimulates hair regrowth by improved circulation via massage and scalp health via the stimulation of healthy exfoliation.

In fact, as the bulb or base of the hair follicle (where hair growth occurs and blood vessels attach to the hair follicle) is located in the lower dermis above the blood vessels in our skin there is great potential for longer needles to damage the hair follicle thereby actually inhibiting hair regrowth.

It is for this reason that shorter needles, 0.75mm in length, are able to pierce the stratum corneum and the epidermal/dermal junction enabling a radical increase in the absorption of product to the hair follicle whilst ensuring that the base of the follicle is protected.

Skin needling stimulates hair regrowth by -

* radically increasing the absorption of product
                  * massaging the scalp increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles
                  * gently exfoliating the scalp promoting scalp health

It is the beauty of the process, it's simplicity.

The entire basis of this thread is this study:

Which you clearly did not read. For like the 1 millionth time this is not about absorption, it is about wounding to up-regulate growth factors that stimulate hair growth. This is what Dr. Cots and follica's entire work is based on.

From the intorduction of the stury above which is found on the first page of this thread:

Introduction: Dermal papilla (DP) is the site of expression of various hair growth related genes. Various researches have demonstrated the underlying importance of Wnt proteins and wound growth factors in stimulating DP associated stem cells. Microneedling works by stimulation of stem cells and inducing activation of growth factors.

Comment

• Chromeo
                    • Dec 2012

Lol, gotta love this Rogering character. It's like he just stepped out of the Delorean from 1985 and doesn't have a clue what's going on here.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by chromeo
                      lol, gotta love this rogering character. it's like he just stepped out of the delorean from 1985 and doesn't have a clue what's going on here.
                      lmao!

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chromeo
                        Lol, gotta love this Rogering character. It's like he just stepped out of the Delorean from 1985 and doesn't have a clue what's going on here.
                        a new contender emerges for post of the year.

seriously, i wish guys would just read the first post of a thread.

Comment

• walrus
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Chromeo

Comment

• ResearchNeverfails
                            • Jun 2011

Also

It would be wise for somebody in this community to use the dermaroller in conjunction with abstinence. Just a thought.

Comment

• Pentarou
                              • Apr 2013

How would it help anyone to combine dermarolling with a highly alcoholic green wormwood-based beverage of Swiss origin?

Comment

• LevonHelms
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Pentarou
                                How would it help anyone to combine dermarolling with a highly alcoholic green wormwood-based beverage of Swiss origin?
                                Now there's a combination I could get behind!

Comment

Working...