• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buy The Ticket
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    From PrincessRambo on Hair Loss Talk:

This is a nice picture from the latest Cotsarelis study:

A newly published study reveals that the overexpression of growth factor Fgf9 in a mouse model increases the number of new hair follicles produced during the wound healing process, providing a better understanding of hair regeneration and the potential therapeutic uses for people with hair disorders

Boy, that wound size looks HUUUGEEE, and notice the depth, it goes all the way to the derma papillas. What kind of device can create this "full thickness excision" they are thinking of, a scalpel maybe? I mean, in the patent they say it shouldn't hurt (or patient can receive a numbing cream), Man i need a 2.5mm vibrating roller that can shoot additional daggers at my scalp... I think .

I will be out for blood tonight with my 1.5mm roller in the mean time, WHO IS WITH ME? "THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM, THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT, THIS IS WHERE THEY DIE... SPARTANSSSS, READY YOUR BREAKFAST AND DRINK HEARTY."

I'm with you. First night tonight I will try the dermaroller. Just need a little advice if you don't mind, balding brother.

Before I use it, do I need to sterilise the roller straight from the packet before it's first use?

And will it be enough to just prepare the scalp via shower & shampoo?

Also after I use it, should I rinse my head again? And will olive oil be ok to apply as a post rolling ointment?

Would really appreciate some advice, I know it will be in this thread somewhere but it's become quite extensive!

Cheers

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
      • Mar 2013

prepare the scalp with betadine and saline solution and sterilize that roller to be safe. i would suggest betadine afterwards too, for 24h nothing else

press it hard to get at least some blood drops and make it red,,,, it wont work otherwise

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Buy The Ticket
        I'm with you. First night tonight I will try the dermaroller. Just need a little advice if you don't mind, balding brother.

Before I use it, do I need to sterilise the roller straight from the packet before it's first use?

And will it be enough to just prepare the scalp via shower & shampoo?

Also after I use it, should I rinse my head again? And will olive oil be ok to apply as a post rolling ointment?

Would really appreciate some advice, I know it will be in this thread somewhere but it's become quite extensive!

Cheers
        Read Too Young To Retire's answer above mine, its spot on.

I don't use any ointments or betadine after on my scalp, i just leave it as is and go to bed. I clean the dermaroller with isopropanol (99% alcohol, a disinfectant basically).

Comment

• Buy The Ticket
          • Oct 2012

Read Too Young To Retire's answer above mine, its spot on.

I don't use any ointments or betadine after on my scalp, i just leave it as is and go to bed. I clean the dermaroller with isopropanol (99% alcohol, a disinfectant basically).
          Thanks for the answers chaps...

Slight issue, I have none of those things. Just rubbing alcohol in spray that I planned to clean that Dermaroller with.

So would you advise against me trying it tonight with a clean head and a fresh roller?

Really want to start it tonight...

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
            • Mar 2013

if you get infected then you are ****ed so dont do it yet bro

Slight issue, I have none of those things. Just rubbing alcohol in spray that I planned to clean that Dermaroller with.

So would you advise against me trying it tonight with a clean head and a fresh roller?

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

You should be fine to use it without cleaning it first, the company that makes it would get in a heap of shit if it sold infected rollers. But its always better to be safe. Rubbing alcohol should work to some degree. Why not just go to the pharmacy and buy some disinfectant alcohol? Its cheap, for my isopropanol i paid about $4.00 CAD for 500ml.

Comment

• brunobald
                • Jul 2013

Has anyone got some photos after/during rolling?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Aug 2012

From PrincessRambo on Hair Loss Talk:

This is a nice picture from the latest Cotsarelis study:

A newly published study reveals that the overexpression of growth factor Fgf9 in a mouse model increases the number of new hair follicles produced during the wound healing process, providing a better understanding of hair regeneration and the potential therapeutic uses for people with hair disorders

Boy, that wound size looks HUUUGEEE, and notice the depth, it goes all the way to the derma papillas. What kind of device can create this "full thickness excision" they are thinking of, a scalpel maybe? I mean, in the patent they say it shouldn't hurt (or patient can receive a numbing cream), Man i need a 2.5mm vibrating roller that can shoot additional daggers at my scalp... I think .

I will be out for blood tonight with my 1.5mm roller in the mean time, WHO IS WITH ME? "THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM, THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT, THIS IS WHERE THEY DIE... SPARTANSSSS, READY YOUR BREAKFAST AND DRINK HEARTY."

I just sent that study to Dr. Cole. How difficult can it be to overexpress the growth factor in men with MPB?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                  Cole Hair Transplant
                  Atlanta, GA
                  Phone 678-566-1011
                  Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
                  Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by brunobald
                    Has anyone got some photos after/during rolling?
                    As a result of the recent dermarolling study (found here (http://www.ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat) and discussed here (http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13348)), a crossforum trial has been proposed to attempt to emulate and enhance the results

That was my first time dermarolling. I'm ruling it out more or less as thats as much blood/wounding I was able to get. My next session was a little more rigorous and my third was significantly more. I have pics of my third session in my temple's corners. I'll post photos later on.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                      I just sent that study to Dr. Cole. How difficult can it be to overexpress the growth factor in men with MPB?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                      Cole Hair Transplant
                      1045 Powers Place
                      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                      Phone 678-566-1011
                      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
                      Awesome! Thank you! Please let us know of the potential outcomes, will be VERY interesting to see what he has to say!

Comment

• brunobald
                        • Jul 2013

Doesn't look too bad, prob hurts more than it looks though.

1.5MM I guess you must be hitting the skull with the tips of the needles in some parts of the scalp? My scalp feels thinner than 1.5mm on the top.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                          • Jul 2013

Okay so the question I want answered is this, what topical induces Fgf9?
                          Is there anything else out there that people found?

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                            Okay so the question I want answered is this, what topical induces Fgf9?
                            Is there anything else out there that people found?
                            FGF-9 is a fibroblast growth factor. Its induced when wounding occurs. The premise is that applying minoxidil to the wounded area induces PGE2 levels which induces FGF-9, which SHOULD create new hair follicles. However, injecting more FGF-9, a synthetic compound I guess, could potentially increase the number of hair growth.

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

One more related article:

Wounding enhances epidermal tumorigenesis by recruiting hair follicle keratinocytes

Comment

• Buy The Ticket
                                • Oct 2012

You should be fine to use it without cleaning it first, the company that makes it would get in a heap of shit if it sold infected rollers. But its always better to be safe. Rubbing alcohol should work to some degree. Why not just go to the pharmacy and buy some disinfectant alcohol? Its cheap, for my isopropanol i paid about $4.00 CAD for 500ml.
                                OK,just gave it a try as it's a fresh roller and I'll buy the solutions for next weeks session of pain.

I can't believe how painful this is!!!!! And there's no blood. Should there be?

Comment

Working...