Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goingquick
    • May 2012

Any suggestions to which derma roller to get? An amazon link would be appreciated

Comment

• mari0s
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by goingquick
      Any suggestions to which derma roller to get? An amazon link would be appreciated
      from what i have seen the much expensive (and apreciated) brand is dr. roller, try to find one with the same characteristics

Comment

• dex89
        • Jul 2012

I'm actually going to try this. I'll be buying mine at

Comment

• LevonHelms
          • Jul 2013

Dex, thats a 540 count roller. Everyone seems in agreement the 192 count rollers are the way to go.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by LevonHelms
            Dex, thats a 540 count roller. Everyone seems in agreement the 192 count rollers are the way to go.
            It probably doesn't matter as long as youre wounding enough.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
              Doctor Representative
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by LevonHelms
              I just asked Dr. Cole about 540 vs 192. He told me that there currently isn't any reliable study indicating that either is better. Then the question is how many passes with either roller? It appears to me that 540 would give more uniform surface coverage.
              Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                • Mar 2013

true but we should do it like the study who knows the outcome if anything changes

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                  • Mar 2013

guys the shaving was in the study for needling purpose or for hair length purpose o day and 12 week?

Comment

• chimera
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                    guys the shaving was in the study for needling purpose or for hair length purpose o day and 12 week?
                    "After baseline global photographs, the scalp were shaved off to ensure equal length of hair shaft in all"

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

There was a thread on another forum I saw where a guy had a tattoo removed from his arm using a laser. In the following weeks, thick terminal hair grew from this area, and not just one or two strands of hair, at least a dozen within the former tattoo area which looked to be about 2x2 inches in size.

Photo:

Thread Source:

Here's what one person in that thread had to say about lasers on the skin:

The area of the scapula is not due to receive hair on women. On the other hand many men have it.

The risk of hairs stimulated by the laser, increases when the sessions are recurrent.

Studies show that injuries (any type) long, induce hair growth in the area.
                      Have studied many types of injuries that produce this stimulation. As an example, the side of the back that bears the burden of bags. Or the Spanish carriers shoulder yet another burden to bear "sacred". Or that of girls who self-injure themselves by a disturbance in behavior.

Comment

• dex89
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                        There was a thread on another forum I saw where a guy had a tattoo removed from his arm using a laser. In the following weeks, thick terminal hair grew from this area, and not just one or two strands of hair, at least a dozen within the former tattoo area which looked to be about 2x2 inches in size.

Photo:

Thread Source:

Here's what one person in that thread had to say about lasers on the skin:
                        I personally think it's to good to be true but F it, might as well give it a shot like the other hair loss products I've tried. lol

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                          • Mar 2013

nice hell

laser wounding sounds even more hitech......
                          i guess he was not boosting pge2 too

thanks chimera , so i will get 1.5mm and not shave hair away but press enough

Comment

• chimera
                            • Aug 2012

oh man, this is all so exciting, but it is going to be so sad and painfull when it ends in another failure

Comment

• walrus
                              • Feb 2012

Anyone noticed anything thus far? Been a couple of weeks and the study saw results fast.

Comment

• Hicks
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by chimera
                                oh man, this is all so exciting, but it is going to be so sad and painfull when it ends in another failure
                                At least we'll go down swinging!

Comment

Working...