Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by FFS
    I know the studies suggest dermarolling til you bleed everywhere but will it be beneficial to use a derma roller daily at 1.5mm but not drawing blood and immediately applying RU afterwards, to enhance absorption of RU?
    Open your eyes. This doesn't work at all and has never worked for anybody.

Comment

• youngin
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fred970
      Open your eyes. This doesn't work at all and has never worked for anybody.
      Worked pretty incredibly for PrettyFly83 combined with Minox. I have never seen a response from Minox alone like he had in the 15 years I've been looking at these message boards. The science behind it as good as well. Not everyone reacts the same. I would say give it a go for a few months and see what happens.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
        • Dec 2014

I think I'm gonna stop derma-rolling. I did it for 4 months , once a week then waiting 24 hours to apply minoxidol, but I don't believe it did anything for me. But it sure did hurt like hell.

I'm also taking fin 1mg daily, saw palmetto, omega3, biotin and vitamin d3

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

I threw in the towel on this after about 6 months.

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by NOhairNOlife
            I think I'm gonna stop derma-rolling. I did it for 4 months , once a week then waiting 24 hours to apply minoxidol
            It's because you should have used manixadul.

Seriously though, we have no consistent results.

So I call BS on this "treatment".

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by fred970
              It's because you should have used manixadul.

Seriously though, we have no consistent results.

So I call BS on this "treatment".
              The only guy that got good results was that fly83 guy it seems

Comment

• Vic
                • Apr 2014

I read some people had hairs darker then vellus but not fully pigmented growing from this treatment. Wondering if those hairs cycled into terminal hairs? Thanks

Comment

• Vic
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by PrettyFly83
                  Hey all my Balding Brothers and Sister

As promised here are my 3 month update photo's which I'm posting for all to gauge the effectiveness of this treatment.

To summarize, I haven't changed anything in my regime from my first posts on page 6-8 of this thread as I didnt want to blur any results by changing techniques. My understanding was the original purpose of this thread by Hellouser was either to replicate the study or undertake a regime with slight variations on the technique. I'm planning to stick with my regime until I see someone yield better results with theirs. In no way am I saying mine was better than the studies, I had just been doing it for 2 months so thought to carry on.

Ive tried to match close ups over various area's of my shiny NW6 head to compare each area individually. Sorry if they are not exactly correctly positioned as these were all taken with an Galaxy SIII but I think they show enough detail.

Would like to hear everyone views on them, whether there has been any progress. Be gentle with your comments please, this is my head after all

For those using this technique, please please please keep going, it's only been 1 month since this thread started and the only way we can verify or disprove the study is with multiple cases. Close ups before and during are the only way to see if anything is happening as its VERY slow in my case so please take baseline pictures.

Remember to click ZOOM button twice to get full size, here we go:
                  Front Start of Treatment
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Front 3 Months into Treatment:
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Top: Start of Treatment

Top: 3 Months into Treatment

Crown: Start of Treatment

Crown: 3 Months into Treatment

Back: Start of Treatment

Back: 3 Months into Treatment

Left Temple: 1 Month into Treatment

Left Temple: 3 Months into Treatment

Right Temple: 1 Month into Treatment

Right Temple: 3 Months into Treatment

I only took temple shots at 1 month into treatment.

Sorry its so many.

My view: Regrowth is still happening but more slowly now, I think Im seeing new very fine hairs sprouting from my slick temples but can't be sure as the old photo's go blurry there. Older regrowth seems to be thickening but is VERY slow. There are thousand of black dots just below the skin and I'm hoping those are hairs resting.
                  Hi prettyfly. I was wondering if the growth you experienced was maintained after stopping(if you ever stopped) and if you experienced more growth? I'm almost at 4 months and have had some promising results. 2 months in, my hair got darker, now at 4 months in I'm seeing darker then peach fuzz hairs growing so low on my forehead, I had to look at old pictures just to see if I ever had a hairline that low.

I've read thru many of your posts but you seem to have stopped posting. Hope you grew it all back and lived happily ever after!! Lol. I'd just like to know if you experienced darker then peach fuzz hairs growing in the beginning which eventually turned terminal? Or Did the hair you grew back come in terminal from the get go?

Did those dots you thought were hairs just resting grow? I have a TON of those too.

Comment

• warner8
                    • Jan 2015

Hi Vic, I just started derma rolling last week with a 0.5 mm advice, since i keep my hair very low. do you roll every day, or EOD. The first time I did it, it left my scalp really sore which means i over did it, but the 2nd and third time, i did not notice any soreness.

are you using it in conjunction with minox? about how long did you begin to see a difference?

Originally posted by Vic
                    Hi prettyfly. I was wondering if the growth you experienced was maintained after stopping(if you ever stopped) and if you experienced more growth? I'm almost at 4 months and have had some promising results. 2 months in, my hair got darker, now at 4 months in I'm seeing darker then peach fuzz hairs growing so low on my forehead, I had to look at old pictures just to see if I ever had a hairline that low.

I've read thru many of your posts but you seem to have stopped posting. Hope you grew it all back and lived happily ever after!! Lol. I'd just like to know if you experienced darker then peach fuzz hairs growing in the beginning which eventually turned terminal? Or Did the hair you grew back come in terminal from the get go?

Did those dots you thought were hairs just resting grow? I have a TON of those too.

Comment

• Vic
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by warner8
                      Hi Vic, I just started derma rolling last week with a 0.5 mm advice, since i keep my hair very low. do you roll every day, or EOD. The first time I did it, it left my scalp really sore which means i over did it, but the 2nd and third time, i did not notice any soreness.

are you using it in conjunction with minox? about how long did you begin to see a difference?
                      I roll exactly as directed in the study with a 1.5mm roller once a week and skip minox for 24hrs after rolling. If you are rolling with a .05mm roller, you are not getting anywhere near the hair follicles. You are waisting your time unless you are trying to eliminate wrinkles on your scalp. .05mm is used for face wrinkles. Peach fuzz follicles are 1.5 to 2 mm below the skin. Darker hairs are 3mm to 4mm below the skin. You need to choose the right derma roller for what you're trying to treat.
                      I've posted my 3 month results. You can view pics of progress and everything I'm doing.

Comment

• warner8
                        • Jan 2015

really? my scalp is buzzed off bald. i thought 0.5 would be sufficient.

Comment

• Keeper
                          • Aug 2015

Hey Vic, where can I find you photos of the results ?

Comment

• Vic
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by warner8
                            really? my scalp is buzzed off bald. i thought 0.5 would be sufficient.
                            My hair is buzzed too but that doesn't make my skin any thicker or thinner.

Comment

• Vic
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Keeper
                              Hey Vic, where can I find you photos of the results ?
                              Here

Comment

• warner8
                                • Jan 2015

ok, looks like i gotta go buy another then. where did you get your roller from online?

also, why would you apply the minox 24 hrs after rolling; i thought the point was to allow the minox to seep in while the holes are open, wouldn't a healing reaction take place to plug the holes within the 24 hrs

Originally posted by Vic
                                My hair is buzzed too but that doesn't make my skin any thicker or thinner.

Comment

Working...