• clandestine
    • Aug 2011

ragsta what mm roller are you using?

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Brock Landers
      35 years,

Since you work in a HT clinic, would you be able to inquire as to any risks of long term damage by eitiher normal microneedling or excessive microneedling. Is there a chance that we could be scarring, or if not scarring our skin, making it thicker such that it would harm results of a future transplant in the recepient area?
      35YearsAfter;

Comment

• ragsta
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
        ragsta what mm roller are you using?
        im using this one

1.5mm titanium 540 pin

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Someone claiming they've bad permanent scarring from a derma roller session

"I have had two dermaroller treatments and the second one effectively ruined my life.";

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Looking over this thread it seems valid concerns are

1. Pushing too hard and
            2. Bacterial issues surrounding improper sterilization and storing or rollers

How are you all sterilizing, and storing your dermarollers?

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

1. Pushing too hard and

Comment

• john2399
                • Jan 2012

1. Pushing too hard and

Im just using Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol..hopefully thats enough.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

1. Pushing too hard and

1. Pressing too hard shouldnt matter in regards to side effects. We know that clinics as demonstrated in some of the youtube videos draw a LOT of blood.
                  2. Betadine, Isopropanol, Isopropyl should all be used to clean the roller. Some are boiling it hot water followed by the high concentration alcohols.

I store mine in a plastic enclose it came with and then inside the plastic tube container.

Comment

• baldnotbeautiful
                    • Oct 2012

to clean it i pour betadine into a shot glass and let the roller sit in it for a few mins, I would think that would clean it pretty well...

Comment

• Borealis
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by baldnotbeautiful
                      to clean it i pour betadine into a shot glass and let the roller sit in it for a few mins, I would think that would clean it pretty well...
                      I do this, but with TCP (it's an antiseptic), would've thought that's enough. Plus I do it just after I've had a shower so my scalp is clean.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Aug 2012

35YearsAfter;
                        I will ask Dr. Cole when he returns. I doesn't hurt to see what the naysayers have to report. In the case of micro needling, I see a risk of infection but that's about it:

Risk of Infection

Can you damage your skin?

I'm not a doctor and my opinions here are not to be interpreted as medical advice.
                        35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                        Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• ragsta
                          • Aug 2013

no ones tried doxycycline to increase fgf9 ? seems to have already been bought up in the forum though

"To test whether increased expression of Fgf9 in the wound promotes WIHN, we overexpressed Fgf9 in the epidermis of FVB-Tg(KRT14-rtTA)F42Efu/J; TRE-Fgf9-IRES-EGFP (K14rtTA; Fgf9) transgenic mice. Administration of doxycycline to these mice induces expression of Fgf9 targeted to the epidermis by the promoter for the gene encoding keratin-14. Fgf9 expression increased 150-fold in these mice after doxycycline administration (Fig. 1d), and this led to a marked increase in the number of neogenic hair follicles compared to controls (Fig. 1e,f). These combined results indicate that modulation of Fgf9 expression in the wound affects WIHN."
                          Last edited by ragsta; 08-22-2013, 02:15 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

• clandestine
                            • Aug 2011

Thank you 35years. Maybe you can help me with one more query?

Does anyone know if this works for scarring on the head, like ragsta has?

Will this regrow hair in scarred areas? I have something similar. If anyone could comment eith any insights that'd be great.
                            Everyone;

Comment

• rm056789
                              • Jun 2012

VD3 pretreatment?

Rationale is based on excerpt from from highly publicized and heavily discussed study: 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 modulates the hair-inductive capacity of dermal papilla cells: therapeutic potential for hair regeneration.

"upregulation of Wnt10b, ALPL, and TGF-β2 was mediated through the genomic VDR pathway. In a rat model of de novo hair regeneration by murine DPC transplantation, pretreatment with VD(3) significantly enhanced hair folliculogenesis. Specifically, a greater number of outgrowing hair shafts and higher maturation of regenerated follicles were observed"

-Therefore as derma rolling is supposed to stimulate hair follicle neogenesis through WNT/FGF9 pathways and according to above, VD3 enhances follulogenesus (maturation) perhaps more rapid and profound results could be observed by treating scalp with VD3 prior to rolling.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by rm056789
                                Rationale is based on excerpt from from highly publicized and heavily discussed study: 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 modulates the hair-inductive capacity of dermal papilla cells: therapeutic potential for hair regeneration.

"upregulation of Wnt10b, ALPL, and TGF-β2 was mediated through the genomic VDR pathway. In a rat model of de novo hair regeneration by murine DPC transplantation, pretreatment with VD(3) significantly enhanced hair folliculogenesis. Specifically, a greater number of outgrowing hair shafts and higher maturation of regenerated follicles were observed"

-Therefore as derma rolling is supposed to stimulate hair follicle neogenesis through WNT/FGF9 pathways and according to above, VD3 enhances follulogenesus (maturation) perhaps more rapid and profound results could be observed by treating scalp with VD3 prior to rolling.

Any thoughts?
                                Only one way to find out...

Comment

Working...