X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Seuxin
    Argh...i juste order a dermaroller....but a 0.75 :\
    Doesn't matter, dermarolling doesn't work anyway. There's zero evidence from the results of rolling on this or any other forum. With the volume of people having tried this and the amount of time since the fad began (over 6 months) you'd expect that there would be at least some positive accounts with photos if the original study was halfway believable.

Comment

• Seuxin
      • Jan 2014

Are you sure ?
      A lot of people use it ?
      And i think absorbtion is better no ???

Comment

• Bocaj
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Pate
        Same company. ARI was the research arm of Aderans. But Aderans' board decided to cut ARI's funding, presumably because the results weren't good enough to be commercially viable as a treatment.

ARI are apparently trying to find alternative sources of funding but nobody seems to be too optimistic about that happening.
        But one is in Japan..been around for YEARS..the other in the USA. I guess there has to be a page on that somewhere if there is a connection...

Comment

• youngin
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pentarou
          Doesn't matter, dermarolling doesn't work anyway. There's zero evidence from the results of rolling on this or any other forum. With the volume of people having tried this and the amount of time since the fad began (over 6 months) you'd expect that there would be at least some positive accounts with photos if the original study was halfway believable.
          Quit misguiding people. Dermarolling may very well work for some people if you do it correctly and have patience. There's been plenty of proof of that. Look at PrettyFly83 posts on this board. The results are so obvious. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't work at all.

Comment

• Pentarou
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by youngin
            Quit misguiding people. Dermarolling may very well work for some people if you do it correctly and have patience. There's been plenty of proof of that. Look at PrettyFly83 posts on this board. The results are so obvious. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't work at all.
            I followed the study exactly. Bloodied my scalp up properly, used minoxidil daily, etc. Nothing.

If anyone is misguiding people, it's the ones who claim it does work, because there's no evidence other than "it works because I say so". Even prettyfly has disappeared.

Comment

• Pentarou
              • Apr 2013

Basically if dermarolling + minoxidil worked even a fraction as well as claimed by the Indian journal article, we'd KNOW. So many guys dermarolled, we'd have dozens of clear, unambiguous success stories if it worked.

Comment

• Conpecia
                • Sep 2011

Basically if dermarolling + minoxidil worked even a fraction as well as claimed by the Indian journal article, we'd KNOW. So many guys dermarolled, we'd have dozens of clear, unambiguous success stories if it worked.
                i agree. i started rolling in august and although there looked to be positive signs around the 7th week nothing has changed since. if it worked like the study we'd definitely have a lot of people posting results. tons of guys are getting more vellus hairs so it may be something that takes just as long to regrow as it did to fall out. but i have to say i'm incredibly disappointed at what i've seen from this treatment.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

It's posts like this that made Squeegee on *** go berserk on the 'naysayers'. Dermarolling didn't do much for me either; my hair is still thin and hairline still decimated.

Comment

• Seuxin
                    • Jan 2014

Juste buy one...
                    Disapointed :\ :\

Use ? Or don't use ?

Comment

• bigentries
                      • Dec 2011

Basically this. The study claimed figures around 80% with amazing results, we haven't seen a single unchallenged case in a forum member and this time, a lot of us participated since it was a cheap and easy treatment

Science doesn't work on good vibes, thing either work or not, and if they work, they can be replicated

People need to face reality, there are basically two options at the moment:

1. The study was wrong. A possibility since someone claimed the researchers were offering on their clinic. Huge conflict of interest, combined with the photos

2. We are doing something wrong. Another possibility, since the study was somewhat vague from the start.

Originally posted by Seuxin
                      Juste buy one...
                      Disapointed :\ :\

Use ? Or don't use ?
                      That's your choice man. You already have 6 months of experiences to base your decision.

If you decide to use, please take pics once in while in case you see something

Comment

• youngin
                        • Nov 2010

If it didn't work for you, I'm just curious...

1. How long did you do it?
                        2. Did you use betadine?
                        3. Did you use a numbing cream?
                        4. Did you wait 24 hours to apply Minox?
                        5. Are you taking MSM?

...the reason I ask #5 is it seems a few of the people who had success were taking MSM also.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Aug 2012

2. Did you use betadine?
                          5. Are you taking MSM?

...the reason I ask #5 is it seems a few of the people who had success were taking MSM also.
                          Speaking of MSM... My daughter works at a health food store and brought some Hair, Skin and Nails home. Buried Treasure makes some decent supplements IMO. This one doesn't taste so great but may be worth trying.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                          forhair.com
                          Cole Hair Transplant
                          1070 Powers Place
                          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                          Phone 678-566-1011
                          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bigentries
                            • Dec 2011

2. Did you use betadine?
                            5. Are you taking MSM?

1. From August 11 to December 31
                            2. Yes
                            3. No
                            4. Yes
                            5. No, but been on fin for almost 4 years.

If people took MSM then it complicates things, considering some people report growth with it alone

Comment

• Pentarou
                              • Apr 2013

2. Did you use betadine?
                              5. Are you taking MSM?

1. Months, did 14 rolls. 1.5mm roller + bloodshed
                              2. No; you can't buy that here in the UK.
                              3. No.
                              4. Yes.
                              5. Yes, with zinc and vitamin C. However, MSM has never made my hair grow faster whenever I've used it.

Used Finasteride for years, FWIW.

Comment

• Pentarou
                                • Apr 2013

*** just locked all their dermarolling threads and will delete any further threads created about the topic. Not good. I'll be first to admit that I don't think dermarolling works as well as the study claims, perhaps not at all, but we all pulled together and gave it a go, whether here or on other forums. Seeing the ability to carry out community teamwork in future jeopardised is not a good thing.

Comment

Working...