Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by xLeox
    Hey James. I can imagine you're going through a tough time. plus having a scar result of a bad past transplant definitely does not help. I read you're taking dutasteride. I'm not an expert on the subject and I can't really give any advices, but: if you're really sure about taking dut, you should consider lighting up the dose. I heard people take one pill of dut every 5 days cause that's the active cycle of one single pill. taking 5 mg every day is just too much and not necessary. I think if you ask doctors or even hair transplants surgeons, they'll tell you that. Now, I don't know your situation, but I would stick to finasteride and save for a future mega session fue (or, considering you already had one, a scar revision and a strip from an expert in the field like dr. wong or feriduni).
    Those are amazing HT docs, but have already decided that if I am going in for a mega session it would be with Erdogon.. his results and prices are indisputable. (no, I obviously am not affiliated with him)

Comment

• Swooping
      • May 2014

Originally posted by cardib
      Does freshly made RU (dissolved yourself) give better results than pre-made (mixed) versions. Anyone have any experience with this?
      Prostrakan wanted to launch RU actually in a topical formulation. Would be pretty stupid of them to realize afterwards that it is not stable in a solution. One of the closest compounds structurally similar, nilutamide is very stable too in a liquid suspension. Besides that a German forum member tested RU-58841 in solution and found it to be stable for 6 months.

So yeah, there should be no difference. Getting the powder is cheaper and gives you more flexibility in the concentration though.

Comment

• Seuxin
        • Jan 2014

Never heard about nilutamide.
        Some poeple use it for hair ??

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Is Prostrakan still actively looking into launching RU in a topical like that? It seems a bit silly RU never released anywhere even in other parts of the world I mean the stuff seems to work. I just worry a little about the quality, and the safety since its more unknown than propecia really in the long run. In theory it should be safe, but who knows
          I guess in my boat I just want prevention at the temples/hairline and fin doesnt seem to work that well there.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

Hellouser,
            I am sure you've answered this somewhere in these hundred page's, but I can't read through all of them - You've been on RU now for a few years, correct? can you briefly share your experience with it? Do you believe it has helped you maintain what you have? Any regrowth? inflammation? I want to pull the trigger on this and use as my primary topical WITH DUT, which is insane, but I have no damn choice anymore. I am going out swinging. ANY personal experience details are appreciated man!!

Comment

• jamesst11
              • Jun 2014

Hellouser,
              I am sure you've answered this somewhere in these hundred page's, but I can't read through all of them - You've been on RU now for a few years, correct? can you briefly share your experience with it? Do you believe it has helped you maintain what you have? Any regrowth? inflammation? I want to pull the trigger on this and use as my primary topical WITH DUT, which is insane, but I have no damn choice anymore! I am going out swinging. ANY personal experience details are appreciated man!!

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

Has anyone on RU had before/after hormone tests and seen whether RU actually goes systemic at all or not? Hopefully a company takes RU and does a little more research on it or finishes it. Where have all the topicals gone?

Comment

• jamesst11
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
                  Has anyone on RU had before/after hormone tests and seen whether RU actually goes systemic at all or not? Hopefully a company takes RU and does a little more research on it or finishes it. Where have all the topicals gone?
                  Good question

Comment

• Boldy
                    • Jan 2013

Anyone else noticing difference in terms of sides with the ST johns wort protocol? I started 25-30MG/ a day again this week only at the hairline. I had to take a break from all treatments for the past months, and this is definitely noticeable behind the HT hairline.
                    25-30 Mg seems fine if i take about 900-1200 Mg st johns (brand name: Eclectic Institute).

Comment

• jamesst11
                      • Jun 2014

Has anyone stopped fin or dut, because they are non-responders, and switched soley to just RU and minoxidil? Have you read any accounts of this? I am in a horrible spot. Fin literally f*cked my hair to all hell, for 11 months. I have been using DUT for a month now and just have this gut feeling it will make things worst. I also have RU and 15% minox in my aresenal. Should I just drop the orals and go topical?

Comment

• mic28
                        • May 2015

Hi James,

As you know I am in a very similar situation to yourself. Losing a lot of hair on finasteride and stopped. Hair improved briefly when I stopped and then I lost a lot and gained a bald spot over a couple months. I am now off finasteride about 5 months and things have stabilised in the last couple of months.
                        I have been on RU for around a month and a half, although I have been playing about with different concentrations and mixtures. I had some brief success over a few days where I halted hair loss, no itching at all. Then it started up again however I don't seem to be too badly off and may even be improving slightly. Will stick with my regime for a couple more months before i make conclusions.

Was going to see how yourself and Ziggy faired on DUT and possibly give that a try

Comment

• jamesst11
                          • Jun 2014

it's too early to tell, but I am still losing. It's only been about a month on DUT. I am just losing my damn mind here. My hair is horrible, like not effin normal anymore. It has become too much work to conceal all the thinning areas. I just got my RU and am going to pick up the alcohol tomorrow (have everything else). I need to shave my f*cking head bald. I am so f*cking exhausted and frustrated. I don't know how people survive through this shit, especially after having a transplant.

Comment

• mic28
                            • May 2015

I know how you feel James, I am going to get my hair cut again today and dreading looking at the top of my head in the mirror. I firmly believe this is seborrheic Dermatitis from the change in hormones from the finasteride. How to get rid of it is beyond me. I've tried everything

Comment

• jamesst11
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by mic28
                              I know how you feel James, I am going to get my hair cut again today and dreading looking at the top of my head in the mirror. I firmly believe this is seborrheic Dermatitis from the change in hormones from the finasteride. How to get rid of it is beyond me. I've tried everything
                              Mic, you have any issue fully dissolving your RU in solution?? I don't know if it's because I keep the PG and alcohol in the fridge or what. I mixed my first batch today, and while most dissolved, I still had some floaters. I am praying that by leaving it in the freezer, it won't re-solidify. That sh*t is expensive.

Comment

• mic28
                                • May 2015

Yeh James I still get the odd floaters but I'm not sure if that matters too much since most of it is dissolved.
                                Anyway, got my hair cut and I seem to keep losing. I upped my RU to 100mg over 2ml so going to see how that goes for a bit...go in hard.

Comment

Working...