Complete RU58841 Usage Guide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

You dont. Its all a guessing game, but a few people tested the batches and they came back good. Its really all based off a few samples that got tested, but you still never know.

Comment

• Swooping
      • May 2014

Originally posted by diffuseloser
      Time to hop on the RU bandwagon again. Will be starting this month at a higher %, 10 grams mixed to Kirkland minoxidil. Going in all guns blazing this time. Will let you all know how it goes. If this fails, it's definitely razor time.
      Diffuse, when I used kirkland with RU I managed to dissolve a maximum of 6-7% RU per ml. So in a bottle of 60ml kirkland this would be 3.6-4.2 gram of RU. The ethanol concentration of kirkland isn't really high. 6-7% is already really high though.

Comment

• diffuseloser
        • Sep 2014

Thanks Swoop. I got all I need here but haven't mixed it up yet. Just running things through in my head about what dosage to aim for and some other variables. I'm going to remove 3ml from each bottle of Kirkland and aim to replace this with about 3 gram of RU, maybe a little more. I used ethanol last time to boost the process but if it's not necessary, I'll not bother this time. What's your experience of using Kirkland a vehicle in a nutshell?

Comment

• Swooping
          • May 2014

Originally posted by diffuseloser
          Thanks Swoop. I got all I need here but haven't mixed it up yet. Just running things through in my head about what dosage to aim for and some other variables. I'm going to remove 3ml from each bottle of Kirkland and aim to replace this with about 3 gram of RU, maybe a little more. I used ethanol last time to boost the process but if it's not necessary, I'll not bother this time. What's your experience of using Kirkland a vehicle in a nutshell?
          Kirkland worked well for me actually. Dirt cheap minoxidil, plus the vehicle didn't bother me at all (high amount of propylene glycol). Happy new year btw !

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
            Kirkland worked well for me actually. Dirt cheap minoxidil, plus the vehicle didn't bother me at all (high amount of propylene glycol). Happy new year btw !
            Swooping,
            While we are on topicals, I though I'd ask your opinion, because you seem like a veteran of this and I know this may not be the appropriate thread but.. S5 cream (hairloss talk brand) ? I know people have asked about this all over the boards, but I wanted to ask your opinion, as the others are so varied and few and far between. Have you tried it? Do you think the cream alone is enough to deliver transdermally, and, if so, do you think it's properties are strong enough to actually hold off other androgens? Finally, have you encountered any members that have verifiable proof of it working? I am still so curious about spironolactone as a cream.. I do use it, and all I know is it helps eliminate scalp sensations.

Comment

• diffuseloser
              • Sep 2014

It worked well for me before so it makes sense to stick with it. Applied my first application last night so here's hoping I get some serious regrowth. Happy New Year man!

Comment

• Swooping
                • May 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
                Swooping,
                While we are on topicals, I though I'd ask your opinion, because you seem like a veteran of this and I know this may not be the appropriate thread but.. S5 cream (hairloss talk brand) ? I know people have asked about this all over the boards, but I wanted to ask your opinion, as the others are so varied and few and far between. Have you tried it? Do you think the cream alone is enough to deliver transdermally, and, if so, do you think it's properties are strong enough to actually hold off other androgens? Finally, have you encountered any members that have verifiable proof of it working? I am still so curious about spironolactone as a cream.. I do use it, and all I know is it helps eliminate scalp sensations.
                James,

Spironolactone orally works very well as gauged by anecdotal evidence. But that will turn you slowly into a woman, so that isn't a really viable solution I guess lol.

I never used S5 cream, but I don't think it's strong enough. The anecdotal evidence of S5 cream is often that it slows down hair loss somewhat but isn't really potent enough to maintain. How did it work for you then? Do you feel that it has slowed your hair loss somewhat aside from the elimination of scalp sensations?

And aren't you on finasteride? How are you doing with that?

Comment

• jamesst11
                  • Jun 2014

James,

Spironolactone orally works very well as gauged by anecdotal evidence. But that will turn you slowly into a woman, so that isn't a really viable solution I guess lol.

I never used S5 cream, but I don't think it's strong enough. The anecdotal evidence of S5 cream is often that it slows down hair loss somewhat but isn't really potent enough to maintain. How did it work for you then? Do you feel that it has slowed your hair loss somewhat aside from the elimination of scalp sensations?

And aren't you on finasteride? How are you doing with that?
                  My hair is such a cluster f*ck and I am taking too many things to properly gauge what works and what does not. I have been on finasteride for almost 10 months now and my hair has simply become horrible diffused thin all over, to the point where it's almost impossible to style. While on finasteride, the entire time I have experienced 1) hair line itch and small open sores 2) crawling feeling wherever the hair loss is initiated 3) extreme thinning of crown, to the point where it's now impossible to even comb over it.

That being said, at night when these sensations are at their worst, I apply minox to the area that's impacted the most by them, then spiro, straight out of the fridge about 5 minutes after. The feeling definitely goes away completely for the night, then starts all over again in the morning. I have only been doing this for a couple months, so it's hard to determine the exact impact it's having. I know for fact that shedding has gon from about 80-100 hairs per day down to 30-50, because I am so damn meticulous and OCD that I count them. Also "pull tests" reveal 1-2 hairs now, while before 5-6. So, who know's right? With our current treatments anything is somewhat of a guess. :/

Comment

• Swooping
                    • May 2014

My hair is such a cluster f*ck and I am taking too many things to properly gauge what works and what does not. I have been on finasteride for almost 10 months now and my hair has simply become horrible diffused thin all over, to the point where it's almost impossible to style. While on finasteride, the entire time I have experienced 1) hair line itch and small open sores 2) crawling feeling wherever the hair loss is initiated 3) extreme thinning of crown, to the point where it's now impossible to even comb over it.

That being said, at night when these sensations are at their worst, I apply minox to the area that's impacted the most by them, then spiro, straight out of the fridge about 5 minutes after. The feeling definitely goes away completely for the night, then starts all over again in the morning. I have only been doing this for a couple months, so it's hard to determine the exact impact it's having. I know for fact that shedding has gon from about 80-100 hairs per day down to 30-50, because I am so damn meticulous and OCD that I count them. Also "pull tests" reveal 1-2 hairs now, while before 5-6. So, who know's right? With our current treatments anything is somewhat of a guess. :/
                    Damn that sucks mate. So finasteride doesn't seem to stabilize your hair at the moment.. I have seen some people that said that it took them 1 year before being stable with finasteride. It's perhaps an option to perform a HT in the future when you have stabilized your hair loss? I have seen some great results from good surgeons on people who lose their hair in a diffuse manner. Good luck man!

Comment

• Mpbaway
                      • Dec 2015

Ru58841 from kane

Hi guys
                      I'm going ahead with purchasing ru58841 , 50ml in 5% K&b solution as carrier.. Anyone used this solution from Kane before and has experienced good results from it ? Alternatively your comments on this would help me a lot please advise me further also could the solution be mixed with minoxidil together and apply it one shot ?

If we use ru and minoxidil together which solution goes first ? Ru applied on scalp topically first and wait for 15-20 mins before minoxidil application is that the procedure.

Comment

• jamesst11
                        • Jun 2014

Damn that sucks mate. So finasteride doesn't seem to stabilize your hair at the moment.. I have seen some people that said that it took them 1 year before being stable with finasteride. It's perhaps an option to perform a HT in the future when you have stabilized your hair loss? I have seen some great results from good surgeons on people who lose their hair in a diffuse manner. Good luck man!
                        Hey swooping,
                        Did these other people report drastic hair loss while on the medication for the first 10 months though? I have never lost hair so fast in my life, it was like a perpetual TE. The only conclusion I can draw from this is finasteride triggered aggressive feed back mechanisms, like hyperandro, or even something else. I am not too surprised given my recent luck with my hair. It literally feels like there is some God out there that is spiting me for being vain, and the more and more I try to remedy the situation, the worst it gets. I am trying DUT now, which is something i never thought I would do. Having a bad transplant, with a 5" scar on the back and losing most your hair in one year is the hardest thing I have ever dealt with, and I have been through some crazy shit. It's a perpetual f*cking nightmare that won't end.
                        I am going to be using DUT .5mg every day and dermarolling with a compounded minoxidil cream that contains 15% minox, hydrocortisone, progesterone, .1% fin, and azeliac acid. If that doesn't work in 8-10 months, then I am taking every ounce of my savings, shaving my head flying to turkey and doing one massive FUE with Erdogon. Since I have dark, coarse hair and good donor, I would want him to create a decently thick hairline and then go diffused thin all the way back. I could live with that. It would be A LOT better than what I have now. time will tell. My f*cking luck has to change at some point.

Comment

• xLeox
                          • Jan 2015

Hey swooping,
                          Did these other people report drastic hair loss while on the medication for the first 10 months though? I have never lost hair so fast in my life, it was like a perpetual TE. The only conclusion I can draw from this is finasteride triggered aggressive feed back mechanisms, like hyperandro, or even something else. I am not too surprised given my recent luck with my hair. It literally feels like there is some God out there that is spiting me for being vain, and the more and more I try to remedy the situation, the worst it gets. I am trying DUT now, which is something i never thought I would do. Having a bad transplant, with a 5" scar on the back and losing most your hair in one year is the hardest thing I have ever dealt with, and I have been through some crazy shit. It's a perpetual f*cking nightmare that won't end.
                          I am going to be using DUT .5mg every day and dermarolling with a compounded minoxidil cream that contains 15% minox, hydrocortisone, progesterone, .1% fin, and azeliac acid. If that doesn't work in 8-10 months, then I am taking every ounce of my savings, shaving my head flying to turkey and doing one massive FUE with Erdogon. Since I have dark, coarse hair and good donor, I would want him to create a decently thick hairline and then go diffused thin all the way back. I could live with that. It would be A LOT better than what I have now. time will tell. My f*cking luck has to change at some point.
                          Hey James. I can imagine you're going through a tough time. plus having a scar result of a bad past transplant definitely does not help. I read you're taking dutasteride. I'm not an expert on the subject and I can't really give any advices, but: if you're really sure about taking dut, you should consider lighting up the dose. I heard people take one pill of dut every 5 days cause that's the active cycle of one single pill. taking 5 mg every day is just too much and not necessary. I think if you ask doctors or even hair transplants surgeons, they'll tell you that. Now, I don't know your situation, but I would stick to finasteride and save for a future mega session fue (or, considering you already had one, a scar revision and a strip from an expert in the field like dr. wong or feriduni).

Comment

• Swooping
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by Mpbaway
                            Hi guys
                            I'm going ahead with purchasing ru58841 , 50ml in 5% K&b solution as carrier.. Anyone used this solution from Kane before and has experienced good results from it ? Alternatively your comments on this would help me a lot please advise me further also could the solution be mixed with minoxidil together and apply it one shot ?

If we use ru and minoxidil together which solution goes first ? Ru applied on scalp topically first and wait for 15-20 mins before minoxidil application is that the procedure.
                            Some people just get the powder and mix it into their minoxidil. Alternatively you can just wait between applications yes.

Hey swooping,
                            Damn man seems like you have had a very rough road james. Through the years I have seen some anecdotal reports of increased hair loss of people being on finasteride or dutasteride accompanied with androgenic side effects. Dench is a guy who is around these forums who has experienced that too to some extent and is left now with increased inflammation. Pretty crazy. I find it quite fascinating, seriously I have no idea why that happens. Did you find out the probable cause for such a reaction? I would be interested in hearing that.

Hope you will find relieve eventually, I am sure you will mate. It's excellent that you have coarse donor hair. That can make such a BIG difference in terms of coverage when the grafts are transplanted. Keep strong!

Comment

• cardib
                              • Jan 2016

Does freshly made RU (dissolved yourself) give better results than pre-made (mixed) versions. Anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

• jamesst11
                                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by xLeox
                                Hey James. I can imagine you're going through a tough time. plus having a scar result of a bad past transplant definitely does not help. I read you're taking dutasteride. I'm not an expert on the subject and I can't really give any advices, but: if you're really sure about taking dut, you should consider lighting up the dose. I heard people take one pill of dut every 5 days cause that's the active cycle of one single pill. taking 5 mg every day is just too much and not necessary. I think if you ask doctors or even hair transplants surgeons, they'll tell you that. Now, I don't know your situation, but I would stick to finasteride and save for a future mega session fue (or, considering you already had one, a scar revision and a strip from an expert in the field like dr. wong or feriduni).
                                that's .5mg a day - 5mg would be insane!

Comment

Working...