+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 254 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2539

Hi Jazz it seems from your early pics your hairloss was not major ie: nw4 or more now thats what we need regrowth for,not to say your small bald spot on your crown regrew well and regrowth at hairline.
    But if it was aa it might have regrown with any topical im sceptical with minoxidil for one I do not like it as the alchohol in it dries the hair and scalp and seems until you wash hair it looks like straw then you start all over again this daily cycle which gets boring and a chore.
    Minox foam not too bad though but higher strengths have not proved much for many and there is the worry of side effects which could cause heart and blood pressure problems and migraines.
    If you look at natural topicles you can see people regrow hair and with miconazole nitrate and tretinoin with hydrocortisone.
    But we really need a once a day at night before bed treatment that can be washed out in the morning ready for the day product that would be a result.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Hi Jazz it seems from your early pics your hairloss was not major ie: nw4 or more now thats what we need regrowth for,not to say your small bald spot on your crown regrew well and regrowth at hairline.
    But if it was aa it might have regrown with any topical im sceptical with minoxidil for one I do not like it as the alchohol in it dries the hair and scalp and seems until you wash hair it looks like straw then you start all over again this daily cycle which gets boring and a chore.
    Minox foam not too bad though but higher strengths have not proved much for many and there is the worry of side effects which could cause heart and blood pressure problems and migraines.
    If you look at natural topicles you can see people regrow hair and with miconazole nitrate and tretinoin with hydrocortisone.
    But we really need a once a day at night before bed treatment that can be washed out in the morning ready for the day product that would be a result.
    Problem is I never took any pictures before AA to show my weak hairline, I'm just giving my advice you can regrow the hairline back. My hairline was very weak especially around the right side, il check my phone later I'm sure I have some before hand pictures somewhere .

I do understand if the follicles are dead for 5 years it may not be possible .

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Problem is I never took any pictures before AA to show my weak hairline, I'm just giving my advice you can regrow the hairline back. My hairline was very weak especially around the right side, il check my phone later I'm sure I have some before hand pictures somewhere .

I do understand if the follicles are dead for 5 years it may not be possible .
    Did you achieve this by just using Dermaroller? I'm new to this device, and want to give it a try. Just mainly on my hair line.. the corners are starting to get so thin. I need help.

I think 7-10 day interval times with s 1.5mm roller is best. It gives the head enough time to heal. Also after rolling let it dry and go to sleep. The blood dries ans stimulates the folicles even more. Leaving it to heal overnight naturally without introducing any shower chemicals. Finestride is good. Minoxidil is not as great because it causes the hairs to become dependent and not naturally strong. Minoxidil is a nasty chemical that causes heart problems, wrinkles, and ugliness.

Quote Originally Posted by blondetooth View Post
    I think 7-10 day interval times with s 1.5mm roller is best. It gives the head enough time to heal. Also after rolling let it dry and go to sleep. The blood dries ans stimulates the folicles even more. Leaving it to heal overnight naturally without introducing any shower chemicals. Finestride is good. Minoxidil is not as great because it causes the hairs to become dependent and not naturally strong. Minoxidil is a nasty chemical that causes heart problems, wrinkles, and ugliness.
    Everything in this post is wrong. Just look at these dermaroller topics, how they have been buried deep down in every single hair loss forum. It won't do heck for male pattern baldness, we know that for a fact now.

Of course your hair will be dependent on minoxidil, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you don't use FDA approved treatments, then say goodbye to your hair.

And minoxidil doesn't cause heart problems, it can be a potential side-effect but come on, from a 5% solution you put on your scalp? Please! About minoxidil giving wrinkles and causing "ugliness". Now a medication can cause ugliness!

As I always say, provide evidence or just don't post at all. Minoxidil has never been proven to cause wrinkles and you can't even argue with that.

As always Fred, you are the one who spouts out the same thing without doing any research. "THAT'S NOT TRUE, SHOW THE STUDIES". Now I am positive after seeing studies you will still argue about something like "WELL THAT DOESN'T SAY WRINKLES" with your non-correlative brain. But just for the record...
    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And minoxidil doesn't cause heart problems, it can be a potential side-effect but come on, from a 5% solution you put on your scalp? Please!
    Yes heart effects from a drug put on your scalp. GASP!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1386573/

About minoxidil giving wrinkles and causing "ugliness". Now a medication can cause ugliness!
    As I always say, provide evidence or just don't post at all. Minoxidil has never been proven to cause wrinkles and you can't even argue with that.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2826267
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1546087
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7672621
    ..and more and more

"Stop using this medication and tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: unwanted facial/body hair, dizziness, fast/irregular heartbeat, fainting, chest pain, swelling of hands/feet, unusual weight gain, tiredness, difficulty breathing especially when lying down."

Alot of the side effects could be seen as "ugliness". Now are you going to say that the company who sells the product puts false statements in their literature to discourage sales?

Thanks for your excellent research youngin. Minoxidil is not a lightweight drug. Fin > minox. Thats why as soon as my fin gets here I will be doing the dermaroller with fin not minox.

You need to read the definition of side-effect again. These are side-effects! They occur in a very small percentage of people, 99% of people do just fine on minoxidil, 1% will get rashes or an allergic reaction.

For the rest: that doesn't say wrinkles. Still no evidence anywhere, people need to stop perpetuating these speculations about minoxidil. Don't scare the newbies away from treatments. And put a definitive end to this dermarolling joke.

There is plenty of evidence. Lots of forum posters say they get weird wrinkles now. Did you even read those articles?

As for heart problems, my dad used rogaine back in the day before his hair transplant and it hospitalized him/ almost died from it! He has high blood pressure and permanent heart problems from that nasty stuff he used.

I think dermarolling is an excellent idea, however, I feel it will not go far enough. Wounding grows hair, we know that, it doesn't grow enough hair to be cosmetically significant, the question is really of finding the topical compounds that are going to tickle the right chemical pathways....