Anyone planning on taking the *new* Hasson and Wong liposomal topical fin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schtif
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by George76
    Have you actually buyed and tried the Top Fin solution from the Italian pharmacy?
    I'm interested in contacting the pharmacy myself and buying Top Fin from them but unfortunatlty looking through their website they have no information what-so-ever on the product..
    You can send them an Email: info@farmaciaparati.it. I've contacted them, the answer cam straight away:
    thank you for contacting us.
    To receive Finasteride gel 2,5% you only need to send us by email prescription of a doctor, and we can directly ship to you.
    Attached you can find a sample of prescription that your doctor needs to fill.
    The price for one bottle 30 ml is € 50,00 (+ shipping cost).
    Please, tell us also what is your address for the shipping.

I'm not sure how lon 30ml is going to last, but looks like it is quite expensive.

Edit: Here the link http://www.farmaciaparati.it/en/ordina.html

Comment

• ez456
      • Apr 2016

Any more info on this? Efficacy?

I would be interested in what concentrations produce what systemic reductions in DHT..

Comment

• Vishnu018
        • Nov 2015

Sides with H&W topical?

I've recently started to use H&W's topical and after only two days i'm experiencing watery semen , poor quality erections and loss of morning erection.

Are these side effects common with starting finasteride and go away if you continue or are they serious and require i stop this drug ?

Comment

• FuzzyWuzzy
          • Jul 2014

Vishnu-

Sorry to hear you're experiencing side effects. My opinion (and not a medical one) would be to stop the drug. When I experienced sides from taking oral fin, I stopped and never came back to it. My hair loss has progressed. But all of my sides have been resolved.

Others here live with minimal sides and think it's a fair trade off for keeping hair. Still others experience sides initially but they disappear with continued drug use. Personal decision I suppose.

Broadly, this takes the wind out of my sails. Still side effects despite the liposomal delivery.

Comment

• Vishnu018
            • Nov 2015

Thank you for your post Fuzzy.

I'm definitely quitting this drug although it's only been two days. I'm quite scared actually and hope i will recover soon.

How long did it take for your side effects to resolve after quitting the drug? For how long and what dosage have you been on fin ?

Comment

• RU58841
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Vishnu018
              Thank you for your post Fuzzy.

I'm definitely quitting this drug although it's only been two days. I'm quite scared actually and hope i will recover soon.

How long did it take for your side effects to resolve after quitting the drug? For how long and what dosage have you been on fin ?
              Vishnu, did you contact Hasson & Wong? What did they say? If not, please do.

Comment

• Vishnu018
                • Nov 2015

I haven't yet but i think they'll tell me to stop the drug and wait for side effects to disappear.

Comment

• RU58841
                  • Mar 2015

I'm sure they will, but they'll also appreciate knowing that you experienced side effects. Might be able to make you a weaker version of the drug (although you might not be interested at this point, lol).

Comment

• FuzzyWuzzy
                    • Jul 2014

I agree with RU, best to tell H&W. Sharing data openly helps us all.

Vishnu- I wouldn't worry. Took me maybe 4 weeks to come back. I think FIN decreases AR5 for 5 days and then it takes more time for DHT levels to re-build. Best thing is to not worry. Sleep 8 hours, go to gym. Just be healthy for a few weeks and it should be fine.

Comment

• Vishnu018
                      • Nov 2015

I will contact them tonight.

Thanks for your story Fuzzy it's recomforting knowing you don't always end up with PFS when taking fin.

Comment

• ez456
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Vishnu018
                        I've recently started to use H&W's topical and after only two days i'm experiencing watery semen , poor quality erections and loss of morning erection.

Are these side effects common with starting finasteride and go away if you continue or are they serious and require i stop this drug ?
                        Isn't H&W's topical supposed to not go systemic because of the gel it is delivered in? Can you be sure that the symptoms are not psychosomatic?

Comment

• RU58841
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ez456
                          Isn't H&W's topical supposed to not go systemic because of the gel it is delivered in? Can you be sure that the symptoms are not psychosomatic?
                          That's the goal, yeah. Maybe some people need a lower concentration, or less gel, or maybe some unfortunately just can't handle it. Who knows, but I wouldn't count it out as "it doesn't work at all" just yet.

Comment

• George76
                            • May 2016

good to know

Thank You Schtif I''ll contact them

Originally posted by schtif
                            You can send them an Email: info@farmaciaparati.it. I've contacted them, the answer cam straight away:
                            thank you for contacting us.
                            To receive Finasteride gel 2,5% you only need to send us by email prescription of a doctor, and we can directly ship to you.
                            Attached you can find a sample of prescription that your doctor needs to fill.
                            The price for one bottle 30 ml is € 50,00 (+ shipping cost).
                            Please, tell us also what is your address for the shipping.

I'm not sure how lon 30ml is going to last, but looks like it is quite expensive.

Edit: Here the link http://www.farmaciaparati.it/en/ordina.html

Comment

• George76
                              • May 2016

wooow hold on it look like there are the same side effects on the Finasteride pills...so may be it's not a good idea to try the topical solution I better stay away from it

Comment

• nobs
                                • Mar 2016

You gotta wonder why Merck never developed a topical version of finasteride, maybe it can't work. Another user brought up a valid point that finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, not a dht blocker, so it might be possible for dht produced from the prostate to make it's way up to the scalp. Maybe we should focus our efforts on equol which blocks the effects of dht. Either way, unless we see a blood workup, we can't assume Vishnu's symptoms were completely due to finasteride going systematic.

Comment

Working...