Article on piloscopy...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bornthisway
    • May 2013

I expressed interest in getting the procedure done but there's no time line from what I can tell. I did opt into the trials since I'm willing to travel up there for the duration of the trials. No idea if I'll be selected or not. Hopefully commercialization would be ready by years end but I'm guess it won't be until 2016 at the earliest. If regeneration is possible it would definitely blow FUE/FUT out of the water.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

Hello 'Bornthisway',,,Hello everyone!!

First of all, Born' , If you are brought into the Phase Testings, would you be willing to have your hair shaved?
      Once Dr Wesley starts the Phase Testing back up (with his UPDATED instrumentation) the first few Phase Test patients will have to have their hair shaved off....Possibly only within the donor region of ones scalp.

I talked with Dr Wesley today. He called me approx. one hour ago to update me.
      We had a great conversation..it was limited conversation though because he had to take care of one of his patients soon afterwards. Of course!

He will POSSIBLY be restarting the Phase Testing this coming June, maybe at the end of this month of May.
      I would think that more than likely it will probably be restarted sometime in June though.
      No one knows for sure...the instrumentation updating must be done first of course.
      Hypothetically , It could be delayed longer than that,,no one knows for sure at this point in time.

The fact is that the Phase Testing WILL BE RESTARTED this year!!
      Thats true.

Another fact is that I, Dave Artista, WILL be one of his Phase Test Patients !
      I will be added onto the testing a month or a couple of months after its restart.

I am very thankful to Dr Wesley for adding me on to this amazing new science...
      It will possibly be a fantastic new hair transplant breakthrough.
      I feel that it WILL BE based on the facts.

Comment

• Sogeking
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Artista

First of all, Born' , If you are brought into the Phase Testings, would you be willing to have your hair shaved?
        Once Dr Wesley starts the Phase Testing back up (with his UPDATED instrumentation) the first few Phase Test patients will have to have their hair shaved off....Possibly only within the donor region of ones scalp.

I talked with Dr Wesley today. He called me approx. one hour ago to update me.
        We had a great conversation..it was limited conversation though because he had to take care of one of his patients soon afterwards. Of course!

He will POSSIBLY be restarting the Phase Testing this coming June, maybe at the end of this month of May.
        I would think that more than likely it will probably be restarted sometime in June though.
        No one knows for sure...the instrumentation updating must be done first of course.
        Hypothetically , It could be delayed longer than that,,no one knows for sure at this point in time.

The fact is that the Phase Testing WILL BE RESTARTED this year!!
        Thats true.

Another fact is that I, Dave Artista, WILL be one of his Phase Test Patients !
        I will be added onto the testing a month or a couple of months after its restart.

I am very thankful to Dr Wesley for adding me on to this amazing new science...
        It will possibly be a fantastic new hair transplant breakthrough.
        I feel that it WILL BE based on the facts.
        Artista, I am worried about the scar in the donor region where pilofocus goes in. If I remember correctly it is about 1 cm wide. That is pretty noticeable. Did Dr. Wesley maybe thought about using Acel on the scar?

Best of luck to you Artista.

Comment

• Hairismylife
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
          Artista, I am worried about the scar in the donor region where pilofocus goes in. If I remember correctly it is about 1 cm wide. That is pretty noticeable. Did Dr. Wesley maybe thought about using Acel on the scar?

Best of luck to you Artista.
          Have scar, no donor regeneration.
          What's the selling point of Pilofocus?

Comment

• Artista
            • Apr 2010

Here is a link at the bottom of this response for you to read through.

Dr Wesley is very DEDICATED to his research and quite sincere in advancing the science of innovative/ground-breaking hair transplantation surgery.
            We all must be realistically patient in this new field of HT eventuality.
            Please do not ALLOW any hair loss to hold you back from ENJOYING your life.
            A new medical technique will come to fruition when your focused and happy in life and not so focused on hair loss.

(from the website)
            "The surgical technique patented by Dr. Wesley will receive FDA Approval and be made available to patients worldwide. Using this innovative approach, the benefits of current surgical practices (hair survival and natural appearance) may be enhanced and the appearance of scarring may be eliminated. In addition, post-operative recovery may be improved by becoming more comfortable and more rapid.

While Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) represents a technical improvement in the field, the novel surgical approach developed by Dr. Wesley will more profoundly benefit patients undergoing modern hair transplantation."

Scarless Hair Transplantation or pilofocus are surgical procedures patented by Dr. Carlos Wesley, will receive FDA Approval and be made available to patients worldwide. Call us now to arrange an appointment!

Check it out...Guys (and gals), stay POSITIVE

Comment

• bornthisway
              • May 2013

I'd rather not have the entire scalp shaved but I would strongly consider it since it's a chance to be part of an innovative procedure. If it's just the donor region that's fine too. I wonder how large the donor region will be? Any possible image of what to expect to look like?

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

Hello Bornthisway,

I really wouldnt know at this point in time Born' , sorry.
                Have you contacted Dr. Wesley recently?

Comment

• Javert
                  • Jun 2013

Hello Bornthisway,

I really wouldnt know at this point in time Born' , sorry.
                  Have you contacted Dr. Wesley recently?
                  Artista, what are your personal thoughts on regeneration? From what you've gathered from your discussions with Dr. W?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

I want to know what amount of regeneration was seen in the first powerpoint shown to spencer and artista

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

That first initial PowerPoint Skype presentation/conversation that Dr Wesley shared with a small portion of people like Spencer, myself, and doctors were truly amazing to see. Im being honest about this.
                      I wouldnt really know the exact percentages of the regeneration shown within those patients donor areas but as Ive said,,it was truly impressive to see.
                      As Spencer and I have said before, at this point it is quite anecdotal.
                      Once Dr Wesley has restarted his Phase Testing, possibly next month, we will see those Pilofocus outcomes once again. I feel confident about this.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

I'm sure we will as well, like I have said before, this is backed up by numerous studies and is not something Dr. Wesley made up...this is independent third party research

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

Yes but will it be practical enough to catch on. It seems just as difficult as FUE in terms of labor but requires higher skill level. How many people actually reach the end of their donor supply? Lets say you could harvest 16,000 grafts, it means nothing if they are too expensive for anyone to afford.

Comment

• Artista
                            • Apr 2010

You are SO RIGHT Fear' thanks!!

Comment

• luca10
                              • May 2013

I have great faith in this!

Comment

• Javert
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                                I'm sure we will as well, like I have said before, this is backed up by numerous studies and is not something Dr. Wesley made up...this is independent third party research
                                +1

Comment

Working...