Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • It's2014ComeOnAlready
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 97nasa
    Very interesting. Hey I do not care to be right just to have a treatment available whatever it is that restores ALL hair for everyone.

Do not want to bore others again it just seems as if the cure I suggested should work. I hope they rigorously pursue EVERYTHING I just want anything that really, really works and ASAP.
    We're all in the same boat, buddy. However, the nature of this industry is slow moving.

Comment

• HairlossAt15
      • May 2013

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
      Oh, he knows.
      How do you know?

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Oct 2010

At around 22:50 in the video the doctor says that at least 7 companies developed PGD2 inhibitors (against asthma) already. I don't fully understand what he says, since my English and general knowledge is not good enough but if there are safe asthma drugs out there, why are we not trying and rubbing them into our heads right now?! It would be nice if any of the more knowledgeable members could look into this and share their thoughts.

Presented at the 8th World Congress for Hair Research (2014) in Jeju Island, South Korea.Abstract Summary:We originally localised hair follicle stem cells to...

We are close now, I can feel it! Soon one of all the researches that are going on parallel will come with a huge breakthrough.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Oh, he knows.
          I wonder if ATOPIX knows a very effective treatment for MPB could be worth billions.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	439220

Chuck

Comment

• Hairismylife
            • Jun 2012

So mpb is caused by Dht or Pgd2?
            Pgd2 theory is overriding Dht doctrine?

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hairismylife
              From what I understand, both an excess of pgd2 on the scalp as well as DHT are testosterone dependent. If Cotsarelis is confident that blocking PGD2 will let you be able to keep your hair, then I really don't care which one it is. I'm just tired of using fin.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

MPB suffers at the effects of DHT and PGD2 overexpression. Reversing the two does NOT reverse hair loss. There's more thats going on with MPB anyway;

Upregulation of DKK1 and arachidonic acid. Then downregulation of PGE2, CD200 and CD34 progenitor cells.

You'd need to combat all that. Latanoprost has been known to work on hair by working on the PGF2 and PGE2 receptor and the stuff had worked quite well on diffuse thinners.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
                  How do you know?
                  Because I've read a lot of the literature that's available on his an Garza's work. Cots and his team know everything they will need to know in order to successfully bring a treatment to market. That's the impression I got, and just because Follica is tight-lipped doesn't mean things aren't happening. Their discovery is worth billions, and there's no way they're not very close to releasing something given all the information about his work that we have.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Because I've read a lot of the literature that's available on his an Garza's work. Cots and his team know everything they will need to know in order to successfully bring a treatment to market. That's the impression I got, and just because Follica is tight-lipped doesn't mean things aren't happening. Their discovery is worth billions, and there's no way they're not very close to releasing something given all the information about his work that we have.
                    They aren't in any clinical trials right now, so I don't see how they could be close to releasing something.

Comment

• joely
                      • Sep 2011

We were all of the impression they were very close to releasing something until the World Hair Conference, and we realised they wree way off, Cots told desmond that he needs 20 Million and more years of work before releasing anything

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                        They aren't in any clinical trials right now, so I don't see how they could be close to releasing something.
                        I understand that that's what they've been saying. I find it very hard to believe that's the case, because this discovery is a potential one-stop shop to prevent hair loss in men and women. NO other drug will be able to compete, if what I understand about PGD2 inhibition is true. BILLIONS of dollars per year, BILLIONS. I guess no one in America wants to make BILLIONS.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                          • Jun 2012

I understand that that's what they've been saying. I find it very hard to believe that's the case, because this discovery is a potential one-stop shop to prevent hair loss in men and women. NO other drug will be able to compete, if what I understand about PGD2 inhibition is true. BILLIONS of dollars per year, BILLIONS. I guess no one in America wants to make BILLIONS.
                          Cots patent it already?

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by joely
                            We were all of the impression they were very close to releasing something until the World Hair Conference, and we realised they wree way off, Cots told desmond that he needs 20 Million and more years of work before releasing anything
                            Oh, please. That was nothing but misinformation. The actual quote goes something like this: "$2 million will bring a treatment that's more effective that minoxidil and propecia, $20 million would bring the type of funding needed to give a bald person a full head of hair, but will take more years to achieve."

They don't have $2 million for a drug that's more effective that minoxidil and propecia? I understand puretech ventures received $55 million for a number of treatments in their pipeline, and follica wasn't mentioned. So you mean to tell me they have a drug that could solve hair loss potentially for both men and women, with no sexual side effects, that could bring in billions every year, and they're too cheap to shell out $2 million for it? Then they are the biggest morons history has every known.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                              MPB suffers at the effects of DHT and PGD2 overexpression. Reversing the two does NOT reverse hair loss. There's more thats going on with MPB anyway;

Upregulation of DKK1 and arachidonic acid. Then downregulation of PGE2, CD200 and CD34 progenitor cells.

You'd need to combat all that. Latanoprost has been known to work on hair by working on the PGF2 and PGE2 receptor and the stuff had worked quite well on diffuse thinners.
                              But you still could get regrowth with RU and minox, combating DHT only.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

But you still could get regrowth with RU and minox, combating DHT only.
                                Its not good enough and doesnt work for everyone anyway. Plus,its a bandaid solution.

Comment

Working...