With HST, why can't you cover the whole head?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phatalis
    • Dec 2009

With HST, why can't you cover the whole head?

Just out of curiosity... why can't you take donor hair from the sides AND the back? I mean, if you're going to end up with a horseshoe shape NW7 situation.. why can't you try to take all the hairs from that horseshoe and attempt to evenly disperse them over the whole head.

So yeah, everything will look thin, but at least you'll have an evenly spread thin layer you can buzz down and at least have a frame. You won't have the horseshoe or slick bald look and can at least pull off a buzz look.. even if it is thin. I feel like it'd look a hell of a lot better than a bald slick horse shoe look.. or what not.

And because HST scarring is virtually invisible.. this is possible.

Why not go this route if you have to and have the money???

The hairs on the side stay just as much as the hair on the back (for the most part)

I don't get it.
  • Skywalker
    • Oct 2010

If you take too many close together then the damage is too great, the hairs do not regenerate and the scars don't heal properly.

e.g. if you cut your forearm with a singular cut it will usually heal quite nicely, if you put 3 parallel cuts close together then it often won't.

Comment

• Phatalis
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Skywalker
      If you take too many close together then the damage is too great, the hairs do not regenerate and the scars don't heal properly.

e.g. if you cut your forearm with a singular cut it will usually heal quite nicely, if you put 3 parallel cuts close together then it often won't.
      I mean I see that... but then we still do HT's taking hairs from the same place in the back of the head... so basically.. if you also take from the sides.. it'd be even more hairs to use..

Correct?

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Look at this guy, he's gotten a total of over 11.600 grafts via regular FUT and FUE (and micropigmentation). I think his donor just looks utterly weird though

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

(scroll down his blog to scroll down up in time, so bottom of page is now)

For example this picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-77X4chC-33...0/DSC_0158.jpg to me just looks VERY unnatural and weird. Like he's got some kind of disease. It's the kind of scalp you keep staring at and thinking "someting IS wrong here"...

Comment

• Skywalker
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Phatalis
          I mean I see that... but then we still do HT's taking hairs from the same place in the back of the head... so basically.. if you also take from the sides.. it'd be even more hairs to use..

Correct?
          I don't know, maybe they think the quality of the donor is better at the back nearer the top - the donor 'sweet spot' is certainly there - as a NW6/7 I can testify that that area is the most resistant...

Comment

• Skywalker
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Arashi
            Look at this guy, he's gotten a total of over 11.600 grafts via regular FUT and FUE (and micropigmentation). I think his donor just looks utterly weird though
            I think his donor needs to be shorter, but I don't think it looks TOO bad

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Skywalker
              I think his donor needs to be shorter, but I don't think it looks TOO bad
              I don't think he can wear it shorter because of the micro pigmentation/tattooing. Just zoom in and you see the tattooing (around his FUT scar) very clearly.

This, to me, is really an example of overdoing plastic surgery.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

For example this picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-77X4chC-33...0/DSC_0158.jpg to me just looks VERY unnatural and weird. Like he's got some kind of disease. It's the kind of scalp you keep staring at and thinking "someting IS wrong here"...
                The guy's occiput looks like the occiput of a 90-year old woman with diffuse thinning across the whole scalp. He can't even adequate cover-up anymore his tattooed strip scars. Even he would wear the hair longer - as soon as the hair is wet - pfffft...

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 534623
                  The guy's occiput looks like the occiput of a 90-year old woman with diffuse thinning across the whole scalp. He can't even adequate cover-up anymore his tattooed strip scars. Even he would wear the hair longer - as soon as the hair is wet - pfffft...
                  Agreed. To me this isn't an improvement over his initial situation at all.

Comment

• garethbale
                    • Apr 2012

God, that just looks weird.

I'd like to think I would go bald gracefully rather than look like that. Even for the amount of grafts his recipient is nothing special.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Now the really interesting question is: how would a scalp with 11.600 grafts transplanted via HST look ?

Comment

• garethbale
                        • Apr 2012

Now the really interesting question is: how would a scalp with 11.600 grafts transplanted via HST look ?
                        Has it ever happened?

If it has, it would be great to see pics but there don't seem to be any...

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
                          Has it ever happened?

If it has, it would be great to see pics but there don't seem to be any...
                          I think I've read that Gho supposedly had said that they have such a client but that that client didn't want pictures in the public. Which I can imagine. But at the same time is really a shame cause that would be REALLY interesting to see.

Comment

• Oct 2011

By the way - the guy got really almost 12,000 grafts?

I mean, IF this is his result (taken from your link and the guy's gallery)...

... the "result" looks almost the same ...

Gaz. Just wondering how your progress is going? How is your hair looking after your 3rd procedure? Are you going back this year?

... as caddarik79's current and "disappointing" 9 month HST situation ...

Comment

• garethbale
                              • Apr 2012

I think I've read that Gho supposedly had said that they have such a client but that that client didn't want pictures in the public. Which I can imagine. But at the same time is really a shame cause that would be REALLY interesting to see.
                              Yeah but apparently Gho has been doing this since 2005 (I think) with over 3000 procedures. Surely there is ONE that would be happy for their result to be published (from a NW6/7 back to a full head).

Seems odd...

Comment

Working...