Why do hairs on the back and sides remain?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020
    replied
    Originally posted by gmonasco
    Why men bald, and why they typically do so in a predictable pattern, is unknown.
    It's not a mystery. I just explained why it happens so...

    Leave a comment:


  • gmonasco
    replied
    Originally posted by Breaking Bald
    But why is it that those areas are the most sensitive and go first? Or is this unknown?
    Why men bald, and why they typically do so in a predictable pattern, is unknown.

    The pattern to MPB is somewhat of a blessing in that it makes it easier for balding men to wear hairpieces. Imagine how difficult it would be to fashion a realistic hairpiece if men lost hair from the sides and back of their heads instead of from the top.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigThinker
    replied
    I've thought about that too. Initial reaction is to think there was some sort of evolutionary benefit. Some suggest balding is a sign of boosted testosterone, so maybe that had a selection effect, manlier men = bald men. Maybe having a bald scalp in a part of the world with harsh winters was beneficial because it provided increased opportunity for sun to skin surface for vit-D absorption.

    Haha. Obviously, I'm just speculating; I have given this some thought though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Breaking Bald
    replied
    Originally posted by 2020
    because those follicles are the most sensitive to DHT. Safe zones thin too and maybe if you lived to be 200 years old then by that time those zones would be bald too.
    But why is it that those areas are the most sensitive and go first? Or is this unknown? You see men in there 90's still with hair on the sides and back, how come the top goes so quickly for some but the sides remain until death?

    Seems so odd.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2020
    replied
    because those follicles are the most sensitive to DHT. Safe zones thin too and maybe if you lived to be 200 years old then by that time those zones would be bald too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Breaking Bald
    started a topic Why do hairs on the back and sides remain?

    Why do hairs on the back and sides remain?

    So I am sure that this has been answered before. But I still don't understand why does the hair at the sides and back remain during mpb??

    I mean it can't be the scalp right, because transplanted hairs stay there? So is it just something to do with the folicles?

    I have been reading about mpb for months now but still don't really understand it properly.

    Cheers
Working...