Is this hairloss? What should i do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johny.track131
    • Feb 2012

Hey everyone, i'm back to my paranoia, my shedding is crazy weird (no meds except Nanogen Serum VEGF) i take it because a dermo told me i'm not balding.. but i should take it ... (what the hell) i also started Curcumin, Biotin, MSM, and Garlic Extract. I cant judge if my hairline has receded or if my crown thinned, what do you guys think (is there a chance that i might not have hairloss or MPB?) please compare these pics with the ones in the first post
    Attached Files

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

Looks like hair loss to me, with visible miniaturization. Unless your dermatologists have diagnosed a non-MPB cause, it's most likely MPB.
      At this point I would grab a prescription for finasteride and 2% keto shampoo. But it's up to you whether you want to treat it.
      The regimen you're on now probably won't do much to stop you from losing hair.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

I hate to be the realistic guy in every god damn thread on this forum.

You have temple recession. That's the start of MPB.

My goodness, people, just because some one has more hair than you, doesn't mean they're hair is "great". The guy probably has more hair than some of us put together, but to tell him he does not have at least the start of MPB is just overkill.

Comment

• Johny.track131
          • Feb 2012

so you are sure that MPB has begun and that i should start fin? no hope if this being a maturing hairline (whatever that is)? And does the nanogen serum work at all? and has there been progression from page 1 or is this based on the pics in the last post alone? sorry for the many questions, but being hit by MPB isnt easy, and having demo's lie lie and lie isnt easy as well..

Comment

• Johny.track131
            • Feb 2012

also if this is based on pregression from post 1 to the current post, i'm going to college next semester, does this mean i'll go bald mid college? (a nightmare in itself)

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

My post is based on your opening post pictures, not your recent one.

From my experience with dermatologists, they are mostly clueless about MPB. One time I talked to one about minoxidil and she didn't even know what it was, I told her its Rogaine. And she's like "oh". So clueless. You would probably be better off learning from MPB in hair loss forums, trust me. Dermatologists are great skin doctors. Unless they specialize in MPB, stay away from them about MPB, all they know about is "Propecia" and "Rogaine". That's all they know, really. Like literally just those two brands.

If the doctor told you to get on MSM and Biotin for MPB, then he/she is simply stupid. Those supplements make your current hair grow faster, they don't thicken your thinning hair, or stop hair loss, they are not for MPB at all.

You have a lot of hair though. I'm just saying you do have temple recession, but you look fine now. We all at one point had a lot of hair and looked fine, and we started noticing some recession and and we all had some one who knows nothing about MPB tell us "You're fine, it's normal, you'll be okay", and we all end up being, not okay, and instead posting on hair loss forums.

Comment

• Johny.track131
                • Feb 2012

So if my crown is itching, does this mean i'll go bald by mid college? (i'm starting next semester)

Comment

• Johny.track131
                  • Feb 2012

and doesnt Nanogen Serum VEGF do anything? shit's pretty expensive

Comment

• sjgw97
                    • May 2016

do this]youtu.be/2i6ssQKdTLg

Comment

Working...