Hello everyone

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mhoffma1
    replied
    Right on, thanks. Yeah, the reason I asked to begin with is because a few years back I started getting Finasteride from a supplier in India, and about 6 months later I started noticing resumption of hair loss! Needless to say I was pissed and now I'm gun shy about anything except Propecia. I'm going to order from the Canadian firm. When it comes to online pharmaceuticals, you just can't beat Canada!

    Thanks again,
    Michael

    Leave a comment:


  • Speegs
    replied
    Originally posted by mhoffma1
    Speegs - thanks so much for your info on the generic finasteride! I look forward to the money savings.

    Best,
    Michael
    No problem my friend, but please make sure you are choosey about whom you purchase from, someone that is in the US or Canada preferably and that will provide from Canad,UK and only from India IF they provide certificate of authenticity for the product.

    Counterfeit finasteride is rare since it is actually cheap to manufacture and would be quite a bother to package placebos, sort of lie counterfeiting pennies, what would be the point?
    But you still want the peace of mind that the product you bought is authentic, the best safety valve is a trustworthy pharmacy.

    Leave a comment:


  • mhoffma1
    replied
    Speegs - thanks so much for your info on the generic finasteride! I look forward to the money savings.

    Best,
    Michael

    Leave a comment:


  • Speegs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragckr
    Im doing generic 5mg finasteride cut into 4ths.

    Getting the perscription filled out at Walgreens for about 85 bucks, 30 pills. Cut into fourths, that makes about 4 months worth. Roughly 21.25 a month vs. the 80+ dollars a month on propecia.
    Personally I'd only cut them in half, finasteride is not concentrated equally throughout the pill of a 5mg, its not as condensed as the 1mg propecia so its better to get a little more than 1mg than less than the needed amount.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ragckr
    replied
    Im doing generic 5mg finasteride cut into 4ths.

    Getting the perscription filled out at Walgreens for about 85 bucks, 30 pills. Cut into fourths, that makes about 4 months worth. Roughly 21.25 a month vs. the 80+ dollars a month on propecia.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmyG
    replied
    I'm using Proscar now, and cutting up the 5mg tablets into thirds.

    It works out to $100 for 3 months, versus Propecia at $80 for 1 month.

    Leave a comment:


  • Speegs
    replied
    Originally posted by mark-1
    where did you get them from?
    There's an on line pharmacy called bestpharmacy that can be researched and is reputable, also check canadian sites.

    Leave a comment:


  • mark-1
    replied
    Originally posted by Speegs
    Consider generic finasteride, much cheaper.
    You can buy some generics on line, I bought 200 5mg generic finasteride for 150 bucks. The site was respectable and the source of the drugs from the UK.
    where did you get them from?

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by the B spot
    Got them Jimmy!
    Any thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • Speegs
    replied
    Originally posted by mhoffma1
    Jimmy -- you're on the right track getting on the Propecia -- make sure you stay on it for a year before you make any conclusions about progress! The great thing about Propecia is that along with the fact that it will likely grow you some new hair, it will make a big difference in the fullness, thickness and strength of the hair you have, which effectively will give you more coverage straight away.

    Speegs -- how long have you been on the generic UK finasteride -- are you seeing the same results as you did with Propecia?
    Been using generics about two years, finasteride is finasteride so long as it comes from a Western manufacturer and pharmacy that can be contacted and varified on line, prices vary.

    My back and mid scalp and vertex are all protected, knock on wood, my front remains the concentration of gradual thinning as has been the case my entire battle with hair loss.

    So yes, i feel the generics have done about they can be expected too.

    Leave a comment:


  • mhoffma1
    replied
    Jimmy -- you're on the right track getting on the Propecia -- make sure you stay on it for a year before you make any conclusions about progress! The great thing about Propecia is that along with the fact that it will likely grow you some new hair, it will make a big difference in the fullness, thickness and strength of the hair you have, which effectively will give you more coverage straight away.

    Speegs -- how long have you been on the generic UK finasteride -- are you seeing the same results as you did with Propecia?

    Leave a comment:


  • Speegs
    replied
    Originally posted by JimmyG
    Just picked up my first box of Propecia from the chemist.

    $79 for one 28 tablet box, one 1mg tablet to be taken daily.

    365/28 = 13 boxes

    X $79 = $1027/yr.

    I hope it's worth it!
    Consider generic finasteride, much cheaper.
    You can buy some generics on line, I bought 200 5mg generic finasteride for 150 bucks. The site was respectable and the source of the drugs from the UK.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmyG
    replied
    Just picked up my first box of Propecia from the chemist.

    $79 for one 28 tablet box, one 1mg tablet to be taken daily.

    365/28 = 13 boxes

    X $79 = $1027/yr.

    I hope it's worth it!

    Leave a comment:


  • the B spot
    replied
    Got them Jimmy!

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmyG
    replied
    Thanks for the story Chris. I'm glad to hear Propecia has worked so well. 11 years and counting is pretty good!

    Jason, I've emailed you the photos.

    Cheers,

    Jim

    Leave a comment:

Working...