Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hair123
    The fact that he had a wonderful result with HM is itself great progress.

Remember the early 2000s, HM was something that only existed in the theory universe.

Mid 2000s, there were rumours some doctors were trying it, but there was no patients to talk to or any pictures to see, at all. (you guys being harsh on Gho, thank God we don't have to deal with total scammers like "dr." Bazan anymore, man... those were the dark ages of HM)

Late 2000s to early 2010s, pictures and real patients started showing up, HM went from concept to reality. But, pictures also showed that cosmetic results in recipient area were way weaker than traditional FUE.

Early 2010s to mid 2010s, HMs can now get you the same same results as traditional FUE plus no scarring and donor preservation to a certain degree.

See the trend? There is clearely progress going on here. Ive been lurking in the forums since late 1990s and you bet Im ****ing pissed we dont have a cure yet. BUT, I will not let my biterness make me blind to the fact that there is good evidence that we are getting closer and closer every year. And that cheers me up a lot because momentum is on our side now and unluess an unexpected plateu emerges from nowhere, the cure is right around the corner for us.
    Not sure what you mean with "HM" ? I assume "Hair Multiplication" ? According to the latest facts there doesn't seem to be a lot of that in HASCI's procedure. All they do is use a smaller needle, hence smaller scars, but also less hair/graft.

Comment

• Hair123
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
      Not sure what you mean with "HM" ? I assume "Hair Multiplication" ? According to the latest facts there doesn't seem to be a lot of that in HASCI's procedure. All they do is use a smaller needle, hence smaller scars, but also less hair/graft.
      they claim to multiply hairs by two 80% of the time. And we have some indication that they really may be into something. Its a very different from a mid 2000s scenario, where we would be totally in the dark.

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

they claim to multiply hairs by two 80% of the time. And we have some indication that they really may be into something. Its a very different from a mid 2000s scenario, where we would be totally in the dark.
        You missed this thread: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14048 ?

Comment

• Hair123
          • Mar 2013

No I didnt, and I think its great that you guys are doing such investigative job. But the fact that guys like GC are coming back to Gho for multiple sesssions and happy about it, and docs like Mwamba are going down to India to share techniques and learn about hair multiplication says to me that there is smoke, and where there is smoke there is fire.

Chances that those guys are total scams getting zero regen are slim to none now, and that puts us in a way better stage than we were some years ago regarding the evolution of hair regeneration procedures.

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

Chances that those guys are total scams getting zero regen are slim to none now, and that puts us in a way better stage than we were some years ago regarding the evolution of hair regeneration procedures.
            I'd put it the other way. Chances that regrowth is 80%, like HASCI claims, are slim to none. Gaz is happy, yes, but that's because he's gotten a scarless procedure, not because there was regrowth, cause it really seems there wasn't any.

And yes, Mwamba is investigating, but if you saw the interview the whole reason he was interested was that he couldn't get the results that HASCI was claiming. Also the whole reason Nigams is doing this now was because he wanted to do what HASCI does. And now it turns out that at HASCI there most probably isn't any regrowth at all.

Anyway, I'm going to follow Nigam's case -the Thane patient- it's going to be extremely interesting and I'm not saying it's not going to work. It might. I'm just saying that the odds are not on our side here after it turned out HASCI most probably doesn't work and we've seen no credible evidence at all yet.

Comment

• Hair123
              • Mar 2013

I'd put it the other way. Chances that regrowth is 80%, like HASCI claims, are slim to none. Gaz is happy, yes, but that's because he's gotten a scarless procedure, not because there was regrowth, cause it really seems there wasn't any.

And yes, Mwamba is investigating, but if you saw the interview the whole reason he was interested was that he couldn't get the results that HASCI was getting. Also the whole reason Nigams is doing this now was because he wanted to do what HASCI does. And now it turns out that at HASCI there most probably isn't any regrowth at all.

Anyway, I'm going to follow Nigam's case, it's going to be extremely interesting and I'm not saying it's not going to work. It might. I'm just saying that the odds are not on our side here ...
              Man I agree totally, we are still a long way to the goal, but Ive been in these forums for decades (and Im still in my 20s btw) and I can say for sure that there is some good progress going on now, specially since 2-4 years ago. Donor regen is basically proven to work now, we just need to know how to master it, and it takes time, as we would expect.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Man I agree totally, we are still a long way to the goal, but Ive been in these forums for decades (and Im still in my 20s btw) and I can say for sure that there is some good progress going on now, specially since 2-4 years ago.
                Oh there's progress !! It's a great thing you can now transplant hair without having any visible scarring. But for everything that works, there are 100 snakeoil salesmen out there ... So always stay skeptical.

Comment

• Hair123
                  • Mar 2013

Oh there's progress !! It's a great thing you can now transplant hair without having any visible scarring. But for everything that works, there are 100 snakeoil salesmen out there ... So always stay skeptical.
                  Docs are getting donor regeneration as well, Mwamba stated this as a fact during his last interview here.

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Docs are getting donor regeneration as well, Mwamba stated this as a fact during his last interview here.
                    No, he stated that he didn't know yet if it worked what Nigams was doing.

Comment

• garethbale
                      • Apr 2012

yes but none of it ever seems to be independently verified. We need to see an independent study, not simply take the word of the doc.

Look at Gho, claims he is getting 85% regeneration but we all know that is utter bollocks

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
                        yes but none of it ever seems to be independently verified. We need to see an independent study, not simply take the word of the doc.

Look at Gho, claims he is getting 85% regeneration but we all know that is utter bollocks
                        He only said he couldn't get what companies like HASCI were claiming to get. He never stated that he knows it works and whether their claims were true.

Comment

• Hair123
                          • Mar 2013

No, he stated that he didn't know yet if it worked what Nigams was doing.
                          no you are wrong, he stated clearly guys like him and Cole were getting some donor regeneration already and thats why he knew it was possible. He talked as if *some* donor regen was no big deal at all nowadays. What he was after was a rate os 80%+ success and doctors who would "open source" their techniques with him so they could get something even better together.

Comment

• garethbale
                            • Apr 2012

Man I agree totally, we are still a long way to the goal, but Ive been in these forums for decades (and Im still in my 20s btw) and I can say for sure that there is some good progress going on now, specially since 2-4 years ago. Donor regen is basically proven to work now, we just need to know how to master it, and it takes time, as we would expect.
                            WTF!

How old were you when you started balding...six ?!?!

Comment

• didi
                              • Nov 2011

Claiming and proving are different things,

How come Aderans with all their capital couldn't discover hm or doubling.

Mwamba still doenst know if doubling works or not, so far there was nothing to suggest dr nigam is doubling donor, btw he is very bad at documenting, record keeping

Comment

• Hair123
                                • Mar 2013

WTF!

How old were you when you started balding...six ?!?!
                                lol, started balding in my teens and visited the first hairloss forum I think in 1999

Comment

Working...