plan with Gho

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • szeratuls
    replied
    Well i am going to get an hst in next week. i am nw 5 and will have 1000 grafts. I was wondering how much coverage i could get. 35 grafts for cm2 means an area of 30 cm2 approx so i should cover the upper side of the head where, however i am not slick bald. What do you think?

    Leave a comment:


  • didi
    replied
    actually you wouldnt get nw1 hairline in 1st pass, it would be more like nw2 or 2.5 if you are too nw7 with very limited donor..

    the good thing about hst it that you can shave it so you can avoid looking weird till you get say 3 procedures done then you can let it grow out..

    i think that is the best approach, starting from midscalp would prbbly look even more weird

    Leave a comment:


  • Vox
    replied
    Originally posted by didi
    They always start with hairline, most importand feature as it frames your face, i think they put more than 35 grafts in hairline, then they work towards the crown...but not going lower than 30-35 grafts per cm2
    Considering that in each session they would not do more than 1500 grafts, that would look weird on a NW7 no? I was expecting that in such cases they would try to first give the patient the look of a NW4/5 and then go for the hairline.

    Leave a comment:


  • didi
    replied
    They always start with hairline, most importand feature as it frames your face, i think they put more than 35 grafts in hairline, then they work towards the crown...but not going lower than 30-35 grafts per cm2

    once you have good hairline and 3-4 000 grafts behind it you will see dramatic improvements,

    i know its not perfect technique as you have to make many trips to reach 7500 grafts(5 trips) but knowing you will be scarr free its good feeling

    if you have first session next week, 2nd one would be in November this year, then 3rd one August 2014.....in august next year you would be having around 4500 grafts maybe more if you are lucky...and not long to go...maybe by that time HST will improve and one more trip will get you fixed

    Leave a comment:


  • Vox
    replied
    Originally posted by didi
    yes its 4-5 years with current protocol but as someone pointed out it doesnt mean you wouldnt start feeling happier after 2-3 sessions(3000-4500 grafts),

    1-1.5 years into your HST you would see big improvements
    This is actually a very important point. I also believe that the change for a high NW patient after getting even just 3000 grafts would be overwhelming.

    Some questions remain though. How Hasci proceeds to cover big bald areas (more than 100 cm2)? Do they work each time on a small area at almost "full density" (35-40 hairs/cm2) until all bald area is covered, or do they cover initially a bigger area with more sparse hair and then they increase density while proceeding to the remaining bald area? And which approach is better? For example, how would they treat the NW7 patient mentioned in a previous post?

    Leave a comment:


  • didi
    replied
    yes its 4-5 years with current protocol but as someone pointed out it doesnt mean you wouldnt start feeling happier after 2-3 sessions(3000-4500 grafts),

    1-1.5 years into your HST you would see big improvements

    Leave a comment:


  • Vox
    replied
    Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    Yes Dr. Gho claims in his interview with Spencer that he did a nw7 patient a 7 year, 13k graft procedure and gave him a full head of hair 50-60 cm2 density which is a full head...all you need is 35-40 cm2 to appear pretty decent hair wise
    Very interesting. Where can I find this interview?

    Also, with 35-40 hairs per cm2 you need about 8000 grafts for a typical 200 cm2 bald area in the NW6/7 realm. This may be possible in 4-5 years. It will look somewhat thin but it will be 1000 times better than slick bald NW7.

    Let's hope that what Histogen/Aderans are developing can make of HST a detonator on our bald heads.

    Leave a comment:


  • FearTheLoss
    replied
    Originally posted by garethbale
    Do you think people will be able to get better (near full) coverage. I would love to lower my hairline and fill in thinning areas as they arise. I'm just worried that the multiplication isn't as good as some think
    Yes Dr. Gho claims in his interview with Spencer that he did a nw7 patient a 7 year, 13k graft procedure and gave him a full head of hair 50-60 cm2 density which is a full head...all you need is 35-40 cm2 to appear pretty decent hair wise

    Leave a comment:


  • garethbale
    replied
    Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    awesome! I wish there was more photo documentation on this technique tho:/....recipients results wise
    Do you think people will be able to get better (near full) coverage. I would love to lower my hairline and fill in thinning areas as they arise. I'm just worried that the multiplication isn't as good as some think

    Leave a comment:


  • FearTheLoss
    replied
    Originally posted by sanook
    I believe so.
    awesome! I wish there was more photo documentation on this technique tho:/....recipients results wise

    Leave a comment:


  • sanook
    replied
    Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    Did your donor hair regenerate?
    I believe so.

    Leave a comment:


  • FearTheLoss
    replied
    Originally posted by aim4hair
    Same here, HST is the safest way to go if you wanna avoid risks at all.

    BTW, Rahal is one of the best FUT surgeons, but i don't think he's that good when it comes to FUE.
    Did your donor hair regenerate?

    Leave a comment:


  • FearTheLoss
    replied
    Originally posted by sanook
    I decided to experiment with a HST procedure before I take the risk with FUE.

    Whats the absolute worst that will happen with my HST procedure? I lose 1250 grafts, which don't grow or regenerate? At least I walk away scarless knowing I gave it a shot.
    Did your donor hair regenerate?

    Leave a comment:


  • aim4hair
    replied
    Originally posted by sanook
    I decided to experiment with a HST procedure before I take the risk with FUE.

    Whats the absolute worst that will happen with my HST procedure? I lose 1250 grafts, which don't grow or regenerate? At least I walk away scarless knowing I gave it a shot.
    Same here, HST is the safest way to go if you wanna avoid risks at all.

    BTW, Rahal is one of the best FUT surgeons, but i don't think he's that good when it comes to FUE.

    Leave a comment:


  • sanook
    replied
    I decided to experiment with a HST procedure before I take the risk with FUE.

    Whats the absolute worst that will happen with my HST procedure? I lose 1250 grafts, which don't grow or regenerate? At least I walk away scarless knowing I gave it a shot.

    Leave a comment:

Working...