Spencer Kobren Speaks To Dr. Craig Ziering - Histogen’s HSC Update 6/16/12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza
    • Jun 2012

Nobody knows the true date yet, Even results to that extent.

Any dates yelled out here or even theorys about how great/bad the end product will be are all speculation.

The company will put dates on its website when there ready.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by UK_
      Probably something to do with the endless stream of bullshit hair loss sufferers are told every year about "curing hair loss".

If its not growing new hair on slick bald scalps its not a cure IMO.

I think Histogens treatment IS creating new follicles, but not at an alarmingly high volume, what it's best at is regenerating thinning hair and creating more hairs per follicular unit.
      The result pictures looked pretty damned promising IMO nearly grew half their hairline in one of the pictures.

I have yet to read anything that says histogen does NOT work though, however I have read/heard that it's realistic to think it will turn a NW2 or NW3 into a NW1 possibly but it won't cover a fully bald head. However that's not impossible as we will probably find out if that happens at the 6 month update.

Still though, what is there to get your hopes down about? I haven't seen anything negative about Histogen from the scientists, this is going full-speed right now!

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
        The result pictures looked pretty damned promising IMO nearly grew half their hairline in one of the pictures.

I have yet to read anything that says histogen does NOT work though, however I have read/heard that it's realistic to think it will turn a NW2 or NW3 into a NW1 possibly but it won't cover a fully bald head. However that's not impossible as we will probably find out if that happens at the 6 month update.

Still though, what is there to get your hopes down about? I haven't seen anything negative about Histogen from the scientists, this is going full-speed right now!
        Dont get me wrong, ive been tooting the Histogen horn for the past 3 years, id just like to see evidence of it growing new hair follicles, I do believe it is, I just wanna see pics of a slick bald scalp growing new terminal hair.

Comment

• CAlex
          • Feb 2011

werent we promised updated pics from Dr. Z last year which we never got?

Hopefully he isnt lying to us this time about giving us pictures for the latest trial patients and their results.

Histogen is definitely the treatment I have most of my hopes set on. non invasive and fast. Cant get much better than that.

Dr. Z was just so vague in the interview and didnt have any numbers or percentages at all. WHAT do you guys think hsc might be able to produce in terms of % regrowth of normal density? 10% of 150 hairs /cm2 ? 20%?

Anyone think hsc could produce 40 hairs per cm2? or is that way over estimating the potential of this concoction?

Comment

• maxhair
            • Oct 2011

I agree, Histogen has never seemed legit. Right from the start, where they showed a before and after photo after 12 weeks, where there appeared to be a little more hair in the second photo but also, the hair was simply left longer too in the second photo. How blatantly unscientific.

Also, the one page overview we've just been given, with its before and after photos, does not to my eye show the percentage gains it claims, if any at all.

Also, Zeiring is doing a strange limbo, between joking about the prospects of stem cell cures claiming Histogen is years and years off whilst at his hair transplant seminars, and giving it the big puff talk on Spencer's show.

It shows a lack of integrity to me, and after the similarly respected Dr Cooley showed pictures with the big false puff about Acell, I'd be very suspicious even if Histogen do produce photos.

Clinical trial data is routinely falsified.

Verified neutrals going in for the treatment bald, receiving the histogen treatment, and keeping a weekly vlog, showing the regrowth, might mean its real - but I would not rush off to wherever in the far East on the basis of any still photographs.

We should stick Cole, Cooley, Hitzig, Gho, Zeiring, Naughton, and any other one of them on lie detectors to work out if they're telling the truth about the percentages.

Right now, I think it's a test that none of them would pass.

These are billion dollar questions that we deserve honest answers to.

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by maxhair
              I agree, Histogen has never seemed legit. Right from the start, where they showed a before and after photo after 12 weeks, where there appeared to be a little more hair in the second photo but also, the hair was simply left longer too in the second photo. How blatantly unscientific.

Also, the one page overview we've just been given, with its before and after photos, does not to my eye show the percentage gains it claims, if any at all.

Also, Zeiring is doing a strange limbo, between joking about the prospects of stem cell cures claiming Histogen is years and years off whilst at his hair transplant seminars, and giving it the big puff talk on Spencer's show.

It shows a lack of integrity to me, and after the similarly respected Dr Cooley showed pictures with the big false puff about Acell, I'd be very suspicious even if Histogen do produce photos.

Verified neutrals going in for the treatment bald, receiving the histogen treatment, and keeping a weekly vlog, showing the regrowth, might mean its real - but I would not rush off to wherever in the far East on the basis of any still photographs.

We should stick Cole, Cooley, Hitzig, Gho, Zeiring, Naughton, and any other one of them on lie detectors to work out if they're telling the truth about the percentages.

Blah de blah blah blah...

Dude shut the fcuk up.

Comment

• john2399
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                Blah de blah blah blah...

Dude shut the fcuk up.
                I agree. What more do you need to know that histogen is legit. Those pictures are so impressive. Don't let your emotions get the best of you because histogen is promising as hell.

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

Do you work for one of the competitors or something? hahaha

seriously though, nothing has made this company seem "not-legit" he was never vague in the interview moreso didn't want to give specific percentages for the sake of giving too much hope just in case it doesnt pan out fully. What HE DID say was it definitely works so far, they just have to figure out to what to degree. Don't expect them to give you the world, no point in having a daily blog or whatever.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

You're talking rubbish. Stop embarrassing yourself, you dont understand an iota of the kind of work Dr Ziering is doing on this treatment and the effort Histogen have put into helping us.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
                      Do you work for one of the competitors or something? hahaha

seriously though, nothing has made this company seem "not-legit" he was never vague in the interview moreso didn't want to give specific percentages for the sake of giving too much hope just in case it doesnt pan out fully. What HE DID say was it definitely works so far, they just have to figure out to what to degree. Don't expect them to give you the world, no point in having a daily blog or whatever.
                      He's a noob here. I forgive him this time.

I think the fact that skinmedica took histogen to court to try and stop histogen makes them pretty fricken legit.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                        He's a noob here. I forgive him this time.

I think the fact that skinmedica took histogen to court to try and stop histogen makes them pretty fricken legit.
                        I know - they went through entire legal battle without being found out they are injecting people with green tea haha. Histogen are also covering up the moon landing and Roswell.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
                          werent we promised updated pics from Dr. Z last year which we never got?
                          He did promise us those pics from Japanese studies but the whole thing was knocked off course because of the devastation caused by the Japanese tsunami.

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

I think the best thing to do is just wait until the Bahamas meeting in October, we will get an update then, its not far off.

Comment

• gmonasco
                              Inactive
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by UK_
                              I know - they went through entire legal battle without being found out they are injecting people with green tea haha. Histogen are also covering up the moon landing and Roswell.
                              The issue of the lawsuit was whether Histogen's technology for culturing cells on microcarrier beads violated a SkinMedica patent. That doesn't really have much to do with showing whether HSC is an effective hair loss treatment.

Comment

• Kiwi
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                                The issue of the lawsuit was whether Histogen's technology for culturing cells on microcarrier beads violated a SkinMedica patent. That doesn't really have much to do with showing whether HSC is an effective hair loss treatment.
                                Don't be dim.

They obviously wouldnt have bothered going to court and spending a huge sum of money on defending something that didn't work.

Comment

Working...