• BoSox
    • Jun 2010

please hurry histogen :/

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
      please hurry histogen :/
      You are worrying way too much. This is doing you more harm than good. Your problem is not even close to being as bad as you want to think it is. You need to learn how to get that under control.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

I agree with you Tracy, but just because my hair loss might not be as bad as others, I still have MPB. I still have severe thinning, this is a huge concern for me.. I can't grow my hair out more then an inch or else it shows really bad. I'm forced to shave it and rub dermmatch on my scalp.

I'm just frustrated, but I do agree with you.. I need some help in controlling my OCD. Sorry about the negative post.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

I am not dismissing your concern. I am pointing out that your obsession with this is causing you more harm than good. The sooner you learn how to control it the sooner you can move on and enjoy your life to the fullest.

Comment

• Artista
            • Apr 2010

Tracy,,im so very glad to see just how helpful you are to our fellow members. Logic goes a long way when attempting to help calm things down. (talking in general terms) My friend's I do feel that we will have treatments available to us in the near future. Near being a relative word. Hang in there like I am.

Comment

• Frank
              • Feb 2009

BoSox.. Tracy's right it would help to get control over your feelings about hair loss as it would any problem someone finds themselves obsessing about. But don't feel bad for feeling bad. It hits some people harder than others. I was shocked how a massive shed from Rogaine foam affected me. In 3 weeks I went from what appeared to be a thick head of hair looking like I needed a haircut to people asking me if I just had a haircut. I've already lost a quarter inch at the hairline. It shook me to the core. Overnight I found myself obsessing too. So I understand. I also understand I'll now have to deal with it and get myself in a better place.
              Hopefully you can take solace in the fact others who've seen your photo's don't feel you're doing so bad. That's probably the same perception others who see you have of you. So consider that.

It's true, a lot of people have had great results maintaining and even growing hair back with propecia and minoxidil. But I don't think you can say it as a fact that it will as its been suggested. Others have not had good results. Were they inconsistent with treatment? Some probably, but others not. Some people just seem to be great responders. I've seen photos of great results on half or less of the prescribed dose of Propecia. And others doing well with minoxidil just once a day. So If someone is not getting desired results I wouldn't automatically assume they're doing something wrong.

I just want to add my experience with Rogaine foam was individual. A lot of people seem to do well with it, I wouldn't want my experience to scare anyone away from trying it. Any FDA approved treatment is worth a try.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Frank
                Any FDA approved treatment is worth a try.
                A very important detail to keep in mind is that it would not have received FDA approval if it didn't work.

Comment

• HairTalk
                  • Feb 2011

This sounds like such a self-aggrandizing interview.

What most people are hoping for, I believe, is that thing that will convert a Norwood II–VII into a Norwood I; I don't know anyone should think, right now, Histogen's H.S.C. will offer this.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

I think you're right HairTalk, all I want to see from Histogen is a completely bald scalp (slick bald) grow cosmetically significant terminal hair, however to this day, I have seen nothing of the sort.

I would also hope this time that Dr Ziering actually does share with us the photos from the studies in Japan, because last year he promised us pictures but did not deliver.

And if we could also see the pictures/results of the scar patient he is treating that would be so helpful.

Comment

• UK Boy
                      • Apr 2011

Six Month Results

Seeing as the trials got going in Jan it must mean that Histogen will be collecting 6 month data within the next couple of weeks. I wonder if we will hear anything from them next month? I understand that during the last trials they provided updates at 3, 6 & 12 months. Or do you think they will make us wait until the IHRS meeting? Is that in Sept or Oct?

Comment

• Dazza
                        • Jun 2012

International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) Annual Meeting
                        October 17 - 20, 2012
                        Bahamas
                        Dr. Gail Naughton to present "Scalp Injection of active embryonic-like cell-secreted proteins and growth factors"

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Dazza
                          International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) Annual Meeting
                          October 17 - 20, 2012
                          Bahamas
                          Dr. Gail Naughton to present "Scalp Injection of active embryonic-like cell-secreted proteins and growth factors"
                          SWEET! another ISHRS meeting!

HISTOGEN 2018 or BUSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

gimme those random single hairs all over my blank bald scalp!!! its the answer!

Should we all get super amped for this like replicel? or be more realistic this time?

F*ck IT! lets just go nuts!!!!!!!

histogen nw7 to nw1!!!! COMING SOON! can't wait!!!!

Comment

• Dazza
                            • Jun 2012

The point of that little out burst was?

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Probably something to do with the endless stream of bullshit hair loss sufferers are told every year about "curing hair loss".

If its not growing new hair on slick bald scalps its not a cure IMO.

I think Histogens treatment IS creating new follicles, but not at an alarmingly high volume, what it's best at is regenerating thinning hair and creating more hairs per follicular unit.

Comment

• BoSox
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                                HISTOGEN 2018 or BUSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

histogen nw7 to nw1!!!! COMING SOON! can't wait!!!!

2018 Jesus, by then I will be a nw7. This better turn nw7 to nw1 or else I'm getting a piece, not sure I can deal with this for that long.

Comment

Working...