Tocotrienol (vitamin E) may reverse male pattern baldness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samiam
    • Apr 2011

OK so I heard about shit stuff over at ************.com and started searching around to see of any anecdotal evidence for it. I started reading the beginning of this thread and noticed that nut kept talking about beard growth. Beard and body hair growth is actually promoted by DHT, so if this is causing a lot of beard growth, and the website says "Tocotrienols play an important role in increasing the "hormone production" signal from the brain to the testes, while also increasing the testes testosterone production capacity." (9-11)

It sounds like this stuff would actually be bad for MPB right? I mean I know someone else on here knows that body and facial hair growth is promoted by DHT, so any increase in body and facial hair would probably be an increase in DHT.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Samiam
      OK so I heard about shit stuff over at ************.com and started searching around to see of any anecdotal evidence for it. I started reading the beginning of this thread and noticed that nut kept talking about beard growth. Beard and body hair growth is actually promoted by DHT, so if this is causing a lot of beard growth, and the website says "Tocotrienols play an important role in increasing the "hormone production" signal from the brain to the testes, while also increasing the testes testosterone production capacity." (9-11)

It sounds like this stuff would actually be bad for MPB right? I mean I know someone else on here knows that body and facial hair growth is promoted by DHT, so any increase in body and facial hair would probably be an increase in DHT.
      DHT is the *reason* hair starts growing other places. There isn't an increase in body hair count, there is a density and speed at which it grows. That isn't a result of DHT.

There was discussion about Vitamin E increasing testosterone which would increase DHT, but the rest of the story is that it promotes vascular and skin health which in turn helps to mitigate the squeeze of DHT.

Comment

• johnnyboots
        • Feb 2011

Been on it for years really has not helped or hurt my hair.

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by johnnyboots
          how about your skin or your fitness?

Comment

• johnnyboots
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sausage
            how about your skin or your fitness?
            Work out 5 days a week take a lot of supplements hard to say.I am 47 some people think i look 37, lol.

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by johnnyboots
              Which brand? Also, would you say you've at all maintained (your hair)?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                there is only one brand... TOCO-8.

If you people are taking toco-sorb or whatever else then you're wasting time as that's not the "real" toco that was used in that study.

Comment

• Samiam
                  • Apr 2011

I'm sorry but I thought it was common knowledge in the hl community that DHT regulates facial and body hair growth, meaning an increase in facial and body hair is an increase in DHT, which also causes the follicles up top to shrink. This is generally where the whole "harrier men are generally more bald" view comes from.

Comment

• sausage
                    • Jan 2012

Toco-8 slightly increases Testosterone levels and DHT but the totriocycloneythingy's help keep the hair.

I do hope that taking Toco-8 is not going to halt Propecia working though?

Comment

• bananana
                      Inactive
                      • Feb 2012

Then it's a good idea to use saw palmetto and other dht blockers/inhibitors while using toco?

Ps, the only reason I ordered toco sorb instead of toco 8 is that its 1/3 of a price and at that time I haven't found real arguments that go to toco-8's side.

I took photographs on the day I started and I'll take them on 6 months mark, then we'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll switch to toco-8, even thou its $30-$40 (+ shipping) per month.

goddamn DHT...

Comment

• bananana
                        Inactive
                        • Feb 2012

ps, what do you think about this product.

For better circulation? Would that benefit the hair as probably it would strengthen the blood flow all over the body (scalp too)?

Comment

• johnnyboots
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                          toco 8 and yes i do not lose hair just haven't grown any.

Comment

• Jan 2012

ok so I've quit finasteride temporarily... the itching came back. Been taking Toco-8 for the past two days - the itching stopped. Interesting...

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                              ok so I've quit finasteride temporarily... the itching came back. Been taking Toco-8 for the past two days - the itching stopped. Interesting...
                              You always doggedly defend Finasteride. What's made you take a break then?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jcm800
                                You always doggedly defend Finasteride. What's made you take a break then?
                                I simply ran out of it. My old pharmacy 4rx.com no longer accepts credit cards from USA so I had to find another pharmacy. Now I have to wait two weeks until they ship it to me...

Anyways, the fact that the itching stopped without any DHT blockers is a good sign. We'll see if I get any real results within the next 6 months

Comment

Working...