Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sausage
    I don't really know how much testosterone levels affect hair loss, I have just read it can, maybe it depends on the person. I worked out in my uni years a lot but I would not say my hair loss accelerated at that time.

This is from the description of Toco-8: "Tocotrienols play an important role in increasing the "hormone production" signal from the brain to the testes, while also increasing the testes testosterone production capacity.".....

So this Toco stuff increases testosterone levels which can increase hair loss yet it is supposed to help improve you hair. :s confusion.

Hopefully Replicel will announce some positive results next month, we can only hope.
    There is beta sterosol in it too.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
      • Oct 2011

I don't really know how much testosterone levels affect hair loss, I have just read it can, maybe it depends on the person. I worked out in my uni years a lot but I would not say my hair loss accelerated at that time.
      When you exercise your muscles, your body responds by producing more testosterone to build those muscles. This increase is then results in additional free testosterone that is, well, free to be bound to by 5AR and converted into DHT. Obviously the additional test is used for everything else in order to build muscle mass - but it won't just use all the excess its not possible. You hear about people weight lifting who take 5AR inhibiters to prevent balding, but they also take aromatase inhibiters in order to lessen the effects of rising estradiol. So if you're taking finasteride and lifting heavy you may need to consider an A.I. as well.

This is from the description of Toco-8: "Tocotrienols play an important role in increasing the "hormone production" signal from the brain to the testes, while also increasing the testes testosterone production capacity.".....

So this Toco stuff increases testosterone levels which can increase hair loss yet it is supposed to help improve you hair. :s confusion.
      Because it acts on two levels. While the increase in test occurs, and its likely minimal overall, Vitamin E itself helps the scalp health and hair strength.

Comment

• sausage
        • Jan 2012

Woah! I was not expecting this Toco-8 stuff to be in such a small container.

£28 for that, these supplement stores + manufacturers must be making a killing.

Wonder what it tastes like?

Will be starting the stuff 2moro. To be honest I expect nothing. But hey ho.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
          You hear about people weight lifting who take 5AR inhibiters to prevent balding, but they also take aromatase inhibiters in order to lessen the effects of rising estradiol. So if you're taking finasteride and lifting heavy you may need to consider an A.I. as well.
          Lift weights to look better if balding, balding if lift weights to look better. Life is compromise, no?

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

Where are you sourcing this from in the UK mate?

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Today marks the one month mark for me on toco-8.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                Today marks the one month mark for me on toco-8.
                Any changes going on mate?

Comment

• jak385
                  • Oct 2011

Not sure if you've looked inside the container yet but there should be a little scoop in there that you use to take it, to make sure you take the right amount each time. I've took it 20 times now and have just over half left so it should last me close to the 2 months it stated in the descriptions, 7 weeks definitely I would say. Guess hopefully it's quality over quantity?

As for taste....it's disgusting lol. It's how I imagine it would taste and feel to try and eat talcum powder. I pour some water in my mouth first and then drop it in and swallow, stops it all getting stuck in your mouth and helps you avoid the taste a bit.

Just a heads up in case you read this before your first try

Comment

• sausage
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                    Where are you sourcing this from in the UK mate?
                    I didn't really bother shopping around, there may be cheaper sources but I used a site called bestsupps.

I just had another quick search and they are all around that price wherever you look.

Hows your toco programme going. I am expecting absolute zero results, I am a pessimist though. But just looking around the net on forums people only really say it grows hair faster.

Comment

• sausage
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jak385
                      As for taste....it's disgusting lol.
                      I saw your post after I tried it lol....

and yes it tastes like crap.

I did not want to try it on its own as I was pretty sure it would be nasty so chucked it in with some orange juice thinking it would just blend in but it just clumps up into small lumps and you can taste the hideous nastyness of it.

Think I need to find a better way of consuming this rancid crap.

Comment

• Zoidberg
                        • Jan 2011

I didn't think it tasted too bad, quite smooth and without too much flavour. I'm quite happy to tip a scoop in my mouth and wash it straight down.
                        Now if you have ever tried grape seed extract... that is some repugnant stuff!

Comment

• Kirby_
                          • Jan 2012

Hows your toco programme going. I am expecting absolute zero results, I am a pessimist though. But just looking around the net on forums people only really say it grows hair faster.
                          Mine? Haven't given it a go yet. Honestly wouldn't mind trying it for thirty quid for two months' worth. Nothing to lose.

Comment

• sausage
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                            Mine? Haven't given it a go yet. Honestly wouldn't mind trying it for thirty quid for two months' worth. Nothing to lose.
                            Oh rite, furry muff.

Yeah worth a go. I am not expecting any results. Just splashing the cash everywhere on treatments at the moment and seeing if anything happens within 6-12 months. If my treatment programme at least reasonably improves the state of my hair I will be getting a HT.

This Toco-8 stuff is completely random, I very much doubt it will do anything for my hair, people say it makes hair grow faster so maybe with the use of Propecia hairs could improve quicker due to the faster growth of the hair.

Comment

• clandestine
                              • Aug 2011

Personally, I enjoy the taste.

Originally posted by Jcm800
                              Any changes going on mate?
                              Tough to say, and likely not significant, as it's only been a month so far. I'll be sure to update, should I see anything interesting, though.

Comment

• sausage
                                • Jan 2012

I tried the tipping it in the mouth and swishing it down with water technique, its works better - less suffering.

Comment

Working...