Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdsurfin
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ShookOnes
    in 2 years from a NW 0, almost perfect hairline with a slightly broader hairline/forehead than her: http://www.yeshairstyles.com/wp-cont...vie-awards.jpg

into this: (just uploaded for ya) : http://imgur.com/GSVye7o

I grew back the entire crown with fin in 1.5 years. my temples and the front hairline took a hit but... if CB takes more than a year, you're going to suffer greatly. you'll lose all the hair on the top/temples and only the hair you got from the transplant will be left. diffusers have it worst. people like hellrouser complain a lot but the small percent of us who see a future NW7 at 17 have it worst.

I'm hoping I can get pilofocus and then CB 03 forever, but that's riding A LOT that CB will be perfect as i fantasize it will be
    You can't say how fast someone else's loss will occur. In a way all men are diffuse thinners, stepdad has had perfect hair (grey) his whole life but into his fifties started thinning out considerably. same for most guys ive seen who have a full head in their later age. Probably like 10% of guys don't thin out at all, and most of those are prob asians or native americans.

that's great that fin works for you, if you don't get side effects i wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably have a better alternative in the somewhat near future. anyway the only guys i've seen who look pretty bad with shaved heads are really light haired and pale guys, you're probably good even if you lose all of it. sorry you lost it young, but that also means that you'll likely have a very effective cure before you're even old at all. I have two friends that lost it all in their early twenties, two of the best guys I know and never let it slow them down. just rocked the shiny head and haven't been deprived of anything. One day baldness will be obsolete and shaving your head bald will be exotic and desired, mark my words.

Comment

• ShookOnes
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
      You can't say how fast someone else's loss will occur. In a way all men are diffuse thinners, stepdad has had perfect hair (grey) his whole life but into his fifties started thinning out considerably. same for most guys ive seen who have a full head in their later age. Probably like 10% of guys don't thin out at all, and most of those are prob asians or native americans.

that's great that fin works for you, if you don't get side effects i wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably have a better alternative in the somewhat near future. anyway the only guys i've seen who look pretty bad with shaved heads are really light haired and pale guys, you're probably good even if you lose all of it. sorry you lost it young, but that also means that you'll likely have a very effective cure before you're even old at all. I have two friends that lost it all in their early twenties, two of the best guys I know and never let it slow them down. just rocked the shiny head and haven't been deprived of anything. One day baldness will be obsolete and shaving your head bald will be exotic and desired, mark my words.

diffuse thinners lose their hair at a young age with a NW6 shape. MPB is MPB but diffuse thinners by category are the most aggressive. My main point was that he should be on finasteride if he's starting to lose more hair after his transplant. He'll only look ridiculous to have hair at the hairline but completely bald everywhere else. And yeah, I've had side effects. Last 3 years I've had muddy brain fog. I can probably medidate for hours because I can stare at a white wall for hours. My mind is easily detachable. And no morning wood for the last three years with weak erections. But I still continue to take fin, or like the males in my family, I'll also go NW7 at 24.

sucks so I hope CB really is the next thing.

Comment

• bradpitthair
        • Jun 2014

Cosmos held a conf call a few days ago discussing the results of the CB 03 01 trial. They said that it was very effective in reducing acne and noticeable side effects were nil. The most effective percentage was 1% CB-03-01 cream and this will be used in their upcoming Phase 3 Trial.

Comment

• cthulhu2
          • Jun 2014

Did I hear someone say dermaroller??????????

I don't think we can trust black market cb though

Comment

• Swooping
            • May 2014

Guys how many times do i need to explain this. CB-03-01 isn't going to be any better than the current options we have. Yes indeed, it isn't going to be any better than dutasteride or RU in terms of effectiveness. Furthermore the vehicle thing is broscience. But it is quite logical to assume that when the binding of CB to the androgen receptor is weaker than RU that you need more than 1% of a concentration of CB to work.

1% isn't going to cut it for prevention of AGA, if they will ever release a formulation it is going to be 5%. The CB-03-01 on the black market is legit, and the guys who do use it at 5% get good results. But forget about CB-03-01 being more effective than the 5ar2 inhibitors or anti androgens we have now. The only thing good about CB is that it is supposedly devoid of systematic side effects. But this is theoretical, and ironically when CB-03-01 get's systematic it could even pose more risks like cardiovascular effects as it is a steroidal anti androgen as cyproterone acetate and not a non-steroidal anti androgen.

But yes if it works as proposed and it has no side effects it will be a good thing for young guys and for prevention, because prevention is the best thing in AGA. Forget about CB-03-01 regrowing your hair any better than the current treatments we have now though.

Comment

• Pate
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Swooping
              Guys how many times do i need to explain this. CB-03-01 isn't going to be any better than the current options we have. Yes indeed, it isn't going to be any better than dutasteride or RU in terms of effectiveness. Furthermore the vehicle thing is broscience. But it is quite logical to assume that when the binding of CB to the androgen receptor is weaker than RU that you need more than 1% of a concentration of CB to work.

1% isn't going to cut it for prevention of AGA, if they will ever release a formulation it is going to be 5%. The CB-03-01 on the black market is legit, and the guys who do use it at 5% get good results. But forget about CB-03-01 being more effective than the 5ar2 inhibitors or anti androgens we have now. The only thing good about CB is that it is supposedly devoid of systematic side effects. But this is theoretical, and ironically when CB-03-01 get's systematic it could even pose more risks like cardiovascular effects as it is a steroidal anti androgen as cyproterone acetate and not a non-steroidal anti androgen.

But yes if it works as proposed and it has no side effects it will be a good thing for young guys and for prevention, because prevention is the best thing in AGA. Forget about CB-03-01 regrowing your hair any better than the current treatments we have now though.
              I mostly agree with this but with a couple of qualifiers.

1) CB should be more effective than dut because as a topical it's being applied to the follicles directly, and it will also target both DHT and T. Fin doesn't actually reduce DHT in the scalp much at all (something like 30%) and although I haven't seen any data, there's no reason to suggest dut is much better. A better comparison is with RU, which it should be roughly equivalent to in terms of efficacy, except for...

2) RU is known to be unstable and my experience is that it is unstable even in KB beyond about six weeks. Only the guys who are mixing it from the freezer on a weekly basis IMO are getting the full effect. Those guys are mostly reporting that 5% RU is stopping their loss cold. While CB is a slightly weaker anti-androgen than RU, this is offset somewhat by the fact we should theoretically be able to use it in higher amounts, because it's safer.

The big risk for CB I think is getting it through the skin, being such a large molecule. I'm not fully convinced that the guys mixing it themselves have that problem solved, but Cosmo should hopefully be able to do it, because they did a lot of skin permeability tests.

What it all boils down to is that CB should be at least as effective, and possibly slightly more effective IMO, than fin, dut and RU, while being much safer in terms of sides. There is every reason to be optimistic IMO that 5% CB in an appropriate vehicle should stop the majority of MPB in its tracks with the lowest level of sides yet seen.

Regrowth will be minor except in some cases in the crown, but for a lot of the guys at lower NWs, that is a pretty good result. And for those of us on fin or dut, it's an outstanding result.

Valeant pulling out is not great, but I was worried that when they took over Medicis, they would kill CB altogether. Instead they have pulled out of the licensing deal and Cosmo have it back under their control, and they are obviously still keen to develop it. The key risk now is finding another partner.

Comment

• Swooping
                • May 2014

1. Yes you are right you can't compare a 5ar2 inhibitor with a anti-androgen. That said, as you say CB-03-01 is approximately as strong as RU, albeit a tiny little less strong from the literature we have now.

2. I don't know if I can agree with you on this one. RU has been tested in ethanol solution by kane and he said that it was stable over 6 months. Then german guys on a german hairloss forum tested it in "bifon" hairloss solution and found out the RU was stable for over 230 days in solution. Furthermore enzulatamide which is highly similar to RU58841 in structure is given in a liquid oral suspension and is also highly stable (up to 2 years i think). I use RU myself for 10 daily batches and i have my powder at room temperature 24/7. Still works perfectly. I keep my solution at room temperature too.

I totally agree with you that we need something that doesn't have any side effects, and that is where CB-03-01 might shine. Don't get me wrong, but prevention is very easy to do nowadays. If you hop on DUT + RU, you won't bald. Problem is side effects obviously. But if you can handle them you can stop AGA in it's track very easy nowadays. But its just terrible to suffer from libido issues and other side effects to safe your hair. Not fair .

Comment

• Notbalding83
                  • Dec 2013

Has cosmo ever once said that they actually have a working vehicle for alopecia? Thanks

Comment

• Tenma
                    • Nov 2013

CB alone has the potential to slow down the balding process for many many years. Yes, it wont regrow hair on advanced norwoods, but for the first time people all over the world will have the chance to buy without restraints an effective topical antiandrogen.

In my opinion, the real game changer for long term prevention is the potential synergistic effects of using 5ar inhibitors with T & DHT blockers. We will have the best of both worlds: drastic reduction in DHT production and powerful antagonization of the remaining DHT/T interaction with the specific hair-follicle androgen receptors

One thing is for sure if this pans out: the HT industry will suffer major losses in revenue. Well informed young people using CB + DUT will lower down the androgen stimulus so much that they will be able to keep most of their hair for decades.

Comment

• ShookOnes
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swooping

if it gets released for aa it would be safe because FDA phases. Like I have mentioned, it will probably regrow in the same people who would have regrown from fin.

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

A lot of what your saying about CB though is pure speculation and guesswork. You compare it to RU but how can you even do that when so little is really known about either one. Just wait a few years so we can see the actual results. I dont think we know the strength of CB compared to RU yet and the side effects are a huge part of what CB will bring to the table. A lot of guys dont want to trade health for hair and your putting your health on the roulette table long term by drastically lowering DHT.

Comment

• Tenma
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
                          A lot of guys dont want to trade health for hair and your putting your health on the roulette table long term by drastically lowering DHT.
                          Dut and Fin are safe for most men. The 10 year fin study confirms that.

Also Glaxo is completing an aditional safety trial to pursue Avodart for hair loss.

Comment

• ShookOnes
                            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Tenma
                            Dut and Fin are safe for most men. The 10 year fin study confirms that.

Also Glaxo is completing an aditional safety trial to pursue Avodart for hair loss.
                            ya. and what's better than most..? all. check over bodybuilding/steroid forums and you'll see that every single gym rat that throws weight has mentioned finasteride slowing down muscle gains. topical > oral, i'm sick of brain fog and weak erections bruh

Comment

• kobefan234
                              • Nov 2013

fin negatively affected my short term memory I have noticed. long term memory is fine.

Comment

• sdsurfin
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ShookOnes
                                ya. and what's better than most..? all. check over bodybuilding/steroid forums and you'll see that every single gym rat that throws weight has mentioned finasteride slowing down muscle gains. topical > oral, i'm sick of brain fog and weak erections bruh
                                People throw around side effects like brain fog and memory loss and lack of libido on here like it's nothing. ITS YOUR ****ING BRAIN MAN. Would you rather have hair than have a working brain? Makes no sense whatsoever.

A study last year in Journal of Sexual Medicine noted "changes related to the urogenital system in terms of semen quality and decreased ejaculate volume, reduction in penis size, penile curvature or reduced sensation, fewer spontaneous erections, decreased testicular size, testicular pain, and prostatitis." Many subjects also noted a "disconnection between the mental and physical aspects of sexual function," and changes in mental abilities, sleeping patterns, and/or depressive symptoms.

I know this isn't all bullshit because I experienced it first hand, I really wanted propecia to work for me, but even at low doses it gave me serious non-psychosomatic sides like intense testicle pain and headaches and brain fog. In my opinion there's no way anyone is taking this drug without doing damage, the ones that claim not to have sides are probably just being ****ed in incrementally small ways that they won't notice until later. I think the ten year safety data is BS, that was mainly on much older men who are already crapped out sexually and mentally, and 10 years may not be enough to see the real damage on less sensitive people. I have 4 friends who have tried propecia and ALL of them got sides to some degree.

seriously, hair is not that important, to the young guys out there, stop playing with your two most important organs, your brain and your balls. I'm pretty sure there will be a better maintenance drug out in the next 8 yrs or so, just get on minoxidil or if you really have to then maybe topical propecia, but seriously, this stuff is poison. you can't block a major enzyme that maintains your brain and body without doing damage, it's not possible.

Comment

Working...