Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TooMuchHairWontKillYou
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Gremlin142
    Hair transplants cost so much today because of the amount of time, material and people that are put into making them successful. If they could remove a piece of the scalp, re-grow cells from it and then re-inject my guess is this is going to be much less labour intensive. If that is the case, then why not sell the treatment for a much lower price? Economies of scale. Apple is not the biggest company in the world cause it sells iPhones for $10,000 a piece. Get real, use your head for something other than losing hair.
    Learn enonomics... supply/demand

Comment

• Dimoxynil
      • Oct 2014

Hair transplants cost so much today because of the amount of time, material and people that are put into making them successful. If they could remove a piece of the scalp, re-grow cells from it and then re-inject my guess is this is going to be much less labour intensive. If that is the case, then why not sell the treatment for a much lower price? Economies of scale. Apple is not the biggest company in the world cause it sells iPhones for $10,000 a piece. Get real, use your head for something other than losing hair.
      I phones may not be 10k but they're extortionately expensive compared to other phones that basically do the same thing.

Comment

• Trouse5858
        • Apr 2014

iPhones are "cheap" because they're made for pennies on the dollar through outsourced borderline sweatshop labor.

Im not sure hair transplants could follow a similar business model.

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

Just to add iPhones aren't really the best in terms of specs for the price you pay. As with anything, just do your research before you commit.

Comment

• nohawk
            • May 2013

who gives a shit ...

Comment

• nameless
              • Feb 2013

Why in the &%$# are we talking about cell phones?

Comment

• Gremlin142
                • May 2014

Economics

Originally posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                Learn enonomics... supply/demand
                How many more people could buy the treatment for $5000 than could for $30,000? Have you ever looked at the supply and demand curves and figured out where the profit maximization point is? (Hint: It's not in the top left corner) Thank you for educated input....

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Dimoxynil
                  I phones may not be 10k but they're extortionately expensive compared to other phones that basically do the same thing.
                  That's a TERRIBLE example. Everyone knows Apple's products are artificially inflated;

$3,000 for a computer with specs of a PC that costs $1,500. They charge $600 for a 32gb RAM upgrade when in reality it costs only $200 (for better quality ram too).

Comment

• BoSox
                    • Jun 2010

Cost is the last thing on my mind. We need a cure, we can discuss cost later.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                      • Apr 2015

How many more people could buy the treatment for $5000 than could for $30,000? Have you ever looked at the supply and demand curves and figured out where the profit maximization point is? (Hint: It's not in the top left corner) Thank you for educated input....
                      First of all muuch more people will afford 5k than 30k (including me)
                      Then.. I'm pretty good in economics unlike English lol

I said supply/demand because it is the only real reason why RCH-01 could have high price, not the labour and other factors. They wont handle quantity demanded on the low price.

And sorry if I was rude in previous comment

Comment

• brocktherock
                        • Dec 2013

Look at boob jobs and ass implants. That's something that answered countless women's prayers and it still took a while to catch on. I don't think the majority of bald guys know what replicel is and probably won't until it blows up

Comment

• joachim
                          • May 2014

i found this comment on the other HS forum:

On March 20th at 12:00 noon local time, RepliCel’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and licensing partner Shiseido Company Ltd.’s, Dr.’s Manabu Ohyama and Jiro Kishimoto, will be presenting at the 14th Congress of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine (JSRM) 2015 in Yokohama, Japan. Leading the discussion will be Dr. Manabu Ohyama who will talk on the “Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells for the generation of hair inductive dermal cells.”

this was news to me. i thought the recent news article confused iPS cells with the normal DSC cells replicel is using, but now it seems, half of the article is true.
                          so it seems shisheido is indeed experimenting with iPS cells, too.
                          this could be huge, in my opinion. on the other side, it may tell us that replicels current DSC cell multiplication process isn't sufficient yet, otherwise there wouldn't be a need to go the way through iPS cells.
                          to date we still don't know how efficient the DSC multiplication works. are they facing the same gene expression problems like with DP cells or did they find a workaround for that? if we only could know.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by brocktherock
                            Look at boob jobs and ass implants. That's something that answered countless women's prayers and it still took a while to catch on. I don't think the majority of bald guys know what replicel is and probably won't until it blows up
                            They didn't catch on because those procedures are out of vanity. Baldness solutions are trying to retain something we've been born with and take away from our identity.

Comment

• nameless
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joachim
                              i found this comment on the other HS forum:

On March 20th at 12:00 noon local time, RepliCel’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and licensing partner Shiseido Company Ltd.’s, Dr.’s Manabu Ohyama and Jiro Kishimoto, will be presenting at the 14th Congress of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine (JSRM) 2015 in Yokohama, Japan. Leading the discussion will be Dr. Manabu Ohyama who will talk on the “Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells for the generation of hair inductive dermal cells.”

this was news to me. i thought the recent news article confused iPS cells with the normal DSC cells replicel is using, but now it seems, half of the article is true.
                              so it seems shisheido is indeed experimenting with iPS cells, too.
                              this could be huge, in my opinion. on the other side, it may tell us that replicels current DSC cell multiplication process isn't sufficient yet, otherwise there wouldn't be a need to go the way through iPS cells.
                              to date we still don't know how efficient the DSC multiplication works. are they facing the same gene expression problems like with DP cells or did they find a workaround for that? if we only could know.
                              We will find out in October at the hair loss congress.

And I think that this year would be a better year than last year was to send one of us to the congress to gather information. I do believe that this year will be the year that a cure for hair loss will be announced. Finally!

Comment

• lupero83
                                • Aug 2014

replicel has posted this link on your facebook http://www.cosmeticsdesign-asia.com/...-says-Shiseido

Comment

Working...