Where are the phase IIb results for Bimatoprost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • It's2014ComeOnAlready
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by champpy
    I think bims development will stay on hold until development of seti catches up. that way they can both be released together.
    If seti proves to be effective then bim will be launched as an add on growth stimulant. I don't think they're progressing further now because it's not effective enough by itself.
    that's why I think they're hush hush on this project. I don't think it's good enough to stand on its own. it's not dead but it's not the miracle we think it may be
    This is just my guess though
    I thought that was maybe possible, but it would make no sense. They projected that bim alone would be a $1Billion a year drug. Holding off means less money. Seti's gonna take a few years regardless, so they're going to forego earning billions of dollars just so they can be released at the same time? No.

Plus having bim as an introductory product to the hair loss market, Allergan can build some more awareness of their involvement in the industry. When Seti comes out, people will be more aware of their brand, as opposed to a new hair loss treatment just popping up out of the blue.

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

I hope youre right on that 2014, cause there are plenty of us that would use it even if the results were less than stellar. But what im afraid of, and why i think they might hold it back, is because if its not super effective and just a little better than minox, it may give bim a bad name and turn the average consumer off from using it.

Average joe will pay 40 dollars for minor growth via minox, but would he pay $100 a month for bim if its only slightly better??? Theres no doubt bim will cost much more. I think average joe would pass on high priced bim and opt for minox given growth rate may be comparable.

Now if the bim/seti combo gives way way more growth, then i see them being able to cash in on all groups. And having bim introduced at a time where seti is doing all the heavy lifting, then right out the gate it would appear the seti/bim combo is worth every penny and neither product would suffer from negative word of mouth since they are more powerful together than they are alone

Again though i would love to be an early adopter of a bim product( just for hope alone) and i really want it to be powerful enough to work by itself. Its just this game they are playing makes me wonder and worry

Comment

• dus
        • Mar 2015

I hope youre right on that 2014, cause there are plenty of us that would use it even if the results were less than stellar. But what im afraid of, and why i think they might hold it back, is because if its not super effective and just a little better than minox, it may give bim a bad name and turn the average consumer off from using it.

Average joe will pay 40 dollars for minor growth via minox, but would he pay $100 a month for bim if its only slightly better??? Theres no doubt bim will cost much more. I think average joe would pass on high priced bim and opt for minox given growth rate may be comparable.

Now if the bim/seti combo gives way way more growth, then i see them being able to cash in on all groups. And having bim introduced at a time where seti is doing all the heavy lifting, then right out the gate it would appear the seti/bim combo is worth every penny and neither product would suffer from negative word of mouth since they are more powerful together than they are alone

Again though i would love to be an early adopter of a bim product( just for hope alone) and i really want it to be powerful enough to work by itself. Its just this game they are playing makes me wonder and worry
        The producers of BIM aren't stupid. They know competition is going to heat up in the next 3 - 5 years (lol). If they have a product they will release it and make money while the going is good.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Since I want to just maintain im probably better off trying propecia since I have a feeling BIM is gonna cost a fortune when it comes out like any new MPB treatment. I hope everyone is saving a lot of money because they gotta make back those huge FDA expenses somehow. Atleast propecia is generic so the prices are reasonable now.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
            Since I want to just maintain im probably better off trying propecia since I have a feeling BIM is gonna cost a fortune when it comes out like any new MPB treatment. I hope everyone is saving a lot of money because they gotta make back those huge FDA expenses somehow. Atleast propecia is generic so the prices are reasonable now.
            You could probably get excellent results microdosing fin a few times a wk, and then use bim on the in-between days. I think that would be very cost-effective and provide great results, assuming bim is much noticeably superior to minox.

Comment

• Gremlin142
              • May 2014

Great analysis

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
              Look, I don't mind explaining things to help people out, but c'mon and help me out here.

It has been debated for the better part of a year whether or not this drug has succeeded in phase 2b. Months and months later, it is mentioned alongside with Kybella (which has launched), and two acne drugs in late phase 3 studies. It is highlighted in the late stage aesthetic drugs. If you notice, there are 27 drugs being developed for aesthetics, but they chose deliberately to mention bimatoprost for hair growth.

If they weren't continuing with the program or planning to release it, then there would be no mention at all. Instead, it is there, right next to a drug that has already launched, and two drugs that have already been engaged in phase 3 studies.

They've also recently stated publicly that they've chosen to move forward with 70 projects, and if you notice, the total number of programs there is 70!

I've posted before about seti and bim, and this proves my ideas to be correct on the matter. They are going to be used together to tackle hair loss, and they will corner the market by doing so. One stops hair loss, the other regrows, and the result should be a complete reversal of hair loss if in the early to mid stages. It also means they are close to a release for bim.
              This is spot on! Makes complete sense. Why mention bimatoprost for hair growth as one of the 27 programs moving forward. That does not make sense to me unless it was moving forward. My only question, where was it said that they were moving forward with 70 programs? Please let me know. Thanks for the input!

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Gremlin142
                This is spot on! Makes complete sense. Why mention bimatoprost for hair growth as one of the 27 programs moving forward. That does not make sense to me unless it was moving forward. My only question, where was it said that they were moving forward with 70 programs? Please let me know. Thanks for the input!
                Specialty-drug giant and IBD 50 stock Actavis beat Wall Street's first-quarter estimates Monday and for the first time offered 2015 earnings guidance that included newly acquired Allergan. Highly rated ...

Comment

• Hemo
                  • Apr 2015

I thought that was maybe possible, but it would make no sense. They projected that bim alone would be a $1Billion a year drug. Holding off means less money. Seti's gonna take a few years regardless, so they're going to forego earning billions of dollars just so they can be released at the same time? No.

Plus having bim as an introductory product to the hair loss market, Allergan can build some more awareness of their involvement in the industry. When Seti comes out, people will be more aware of their brand, as opposed to a new hair loss treatment just popping up out of the blue.
                  I swear I'm not trying to be an ass, but they could hold off because that's a way to "protect" bim. If they market the pair of treatments as the most effective hair loss remedy, more people are going to buy both seti and bim together rather than going to a competitor for bim (and there may be a way to protect bim this way).
                  You're also assuming bim is ready to go into production - if they haven't started phase 3 as you suggest, they still might be messing with it somewhat, which would obviously delay phase 3 and its subsequent release.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Pretty much everything everyone has posted in the last few pages is nothing more than just speculation. Bim results not even released still is an insult to everyone and without that vital information, all you guys are giving BIM high praise.

Terrible logic.

Comment

• champpy
                      • Apr 2015

But the thing we are not taking into account, we know bim works on eyelashes to make them fuller and longer. But eyelashes are not going through MPB.

Even if it works to stimulate growth whatever is causing our hair to fall out may negate the effects of bim. If this is true they do need both treatments; one to retain hair and the other to spur growth.

That's why im afraid bim wont be released until Seti is ready to go. I don't think bim alone will keep hair if MPB is trying to kill it off. Once they are sure seti works, then I believe we will see them move to phase 3. Although by that time hopefully the 21st Century Cures act will be up and running so maybe phase 3 will be eliminated.

I hope and pray 2014already is right, but I think this is the more logical answer as to whats going on

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hemo
                        I swear I'm not trying to be an ass, but they could hold off because that's a way to "protect" bim. If they market the pair of treatments as the most effective hair loss remedy, more people are going to buy both seti and bim together rather than going to a competitor for bim (and there may be a way to protect bim this way).
                        You're also assuming bim is ready to go into production - if they haven't started phase 3 as you suggest, they still might be messing with it somewhat, which would obviously delay phase 3 and its subsequent release.
                        No, I get you, Hemo. You definitely provide some thought-provoking arguments, and I appreciate them.

To respond to your idea - They have a patent for bim at the correct concentration of use for hair loss. It is protected by law. Yes, other companies can produce bimatoprost, but once Allergan has a licensed, official product, not only would it be illegal, but it would be like some knock-off generic cola trying to rip-off classic coke.

My point about not releasing phase 2b results has mostly to do with the idea that once word is out, labs like kane or whoever (chinese knock-off companies) could buy the powder, make the right concentration, and sell it to desperate hair-loss sufferers. It would put people at risk of using an unregulated product, as well as taking from potential profits that Allergan would make from their product. Brand loyalty is very important, and you want the best out there. Likely any knock-off won't be as good, because Allergan's is a special formulation that includes a penetration enhancer to the scalp (I read that in the patent). I sincerely doubt that a reputable company would risk doing something illegal as violating a patent to the extent of copying the formula, and then selling it themselves. There would be lawsuits out the wazoo.

Also, I sincerely doubt that they are still messing with it, because the issue prior to phase 2b was concentration. From what I understand, they fixed that, and added a penetration enhancer.

Comment

• dus
                          • Mar 2015

But the thing we are not taking into account, we know bim works on eyelashes to make them fuller and longer. But eyelashes are not going through MPB.

Even if it works to stimulate growth whatever is causing our hair to fall out may negate the effects of bim. If this is true they do need both treatments; one to retain hair and the other to spur growth.

That's why im afraid bim wont be released until Seti is ready to go. I don't think bim alone will keep hair if MPB is trying to kill it off. Once they are sure seti works, then I believe we will see them move to phase 3. Although by that time hopefully the 21st Century Cures act will be up and running so maybe phase 3 will be eliminated.

I hope and pray 2014already is right, but I think this is the more logical answer as to whats going on
                          This doesn't even make any sense. You are basically making the argument that there is no market for Minox at this point in time. Of course everybody knows there IS a huge market for Minox. If BIM is only slightly better most of us would be switching... plus you don't even take into account that a lot of guys get sides from Minox (me included) but who are just fine on Fin. There is a market. End of discussion. If it works it will be released as soon as possible.

Comment

• Swooping
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by barfacan
                            Your unbridled hope feels like a linkin' park song. I tried so hard and got so faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar, but in the end it doesnt even matttter.

You're going to look silly when you're forced to change the username to 2017
                            QFT lol. Reality will hit hard anyway. What a pity.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Swooping
                              QFT lol. Reality will hit hard anyway. What a pity.
                              So, you're another Linkin Park Fan? lol

Anyway "quoted for truth," you said the drug failed the program was over. It's quite the opposite, actually.

Comment

• Swooping
                                • May 2014

So, you're another Linkin Park Fan? lol

Anyway "quoted for truth," you said the drug failed the program was over. It's quite the opposite, actually.
                                Nope. I said they would never initiate a phase 3 trial. The PDF you posted proves nothing and leaves to much for interpretation. Come back to me when you have a confirmation of a phase 3 initiation. I obviously do hope you'll be right, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...