X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by amoksha
    @follicept - I strongly encourage Devon to get a "buzz-cut". The growth of vellus and terminal hairs is best visible in a buzz cut.

Camera, proper lighting, tatoo mark and trichoscan will obviously be great additions.

I'm sure that myself and many other forum users won't hesitate to buy Follicept even if they conducted "one properly" planned trial on Devon that wins our confidence.

If IGF-1 really works, the results will be best visible in a buzz cut. Otherwise, the long hair can be combed over to fake results. We have seen this again and again with snake oil doctors.

Guys, I have strong confidence in Follicept's IGF-1 science, but I have 'significant doubts' about Follicept being honest moving forward. They have done a "U-turn" on many things. Some part of me tells me they are trying to pull a fast one and play with the vulnerable feelings of emotional hair loss sufferers.

The following are the red flags:

1) All of a sudden we hear that Devon is not getting a buzz cut in the trial

2) Follicept is wanting to provide a pulse therapy and charge higher $$$$ from the first trial . The sudden increase in price is weird and change of frequency is questionable

3) Originally, they told us they are seeking human derived IGF-1 like incerelex but now we find out that they are using e-coli derived.

We are placing confidence in Follicept and I hope my red flags are proven wrong. I want a cure for this as much as everyone else.

Devon, we are not asking forum trials but for God's sake we demand a fair and proper one person trial before we buy the Indiegogo.

Please buzz cut your hair, take proper pictures with lighting and let us know if this work or not work.

If it does not work, we will still gracefully accept your honesty!

All the best Devon! Looking forward to you in a buzz cut soon. Can't wait for the trials!
    Now wait for the follicept insult brigade, they can't be far.

Comment

• Keki
      • Mar 2015

3) Originally, they told us they are seeking human derived IGF-1 like incerelex but now we find out that they are using e-coli derived.
      rotfl, increlex is a rh-igf1 *facepalm*
      and anyway every igf-1 serious experimental treatment is using e.coli, even if there are few patients they still are using rh so this is a confirm rh and human are for clinical use the same, chill

Comment

• serenemoon
        • Jan 2014

Devon, is the mouse that you guys used IGF-1 on still growing hair? Just curious. Thanks!

Comment

• DerekM228
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Keki
          rotfl, increlex is a rh-igf1 *facepalm*
          and anyway every igf-1 serious experimental treatment is using e.coli, even if there are few patients they still are using rh so this is a confirm rh and human are for clinical use the same, chill
          Yup

INCRELEX® (mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection) contains human insulin-like growth factor-1 (rhIGF-1) produced by recombinant DNA technology. IGF-1 consists of 70 amino acids in a single chain with three intramolecular disulfide bridges and a molecular weight of 7649 daltons. The amino acid sequence of the product is identical to that of endogenous human IGF-1. The rhIGF-1 protein is synthesized in bacteria (E. coli) that have been modified by the addition of the gene for human IGF-1.

Comment

• TheUltimatePoet
            • Jul 2011

@follicept - I strongly encourage Devon to get a "buzz-cut". The growth of vellus and terminal hairs is best visible in a buzz cut.

Camera, proper lighting, tatoo mark and trichoscan will obviously be great additions.

I'm sure that myself and many other forum users won't hesitate to buy Follicept even if they conducted "one properly" planned trial on Devon that wins our confidence.

If IGF-1 really works, the results will be best visible in a buzz cut. Otherwise, the long hair can be combed over to fake results. We have seen this again and again with snake oil doctors.

Guys, I have strong confidence in Follicept's IGF-1 science, but I have 'significant doubts' about Follicept being honest moving forward. They have done a "U-turn" on many things. Some part of me tells me they are trying to pull a fast one and play with the vulnerable feelings of emotional hair loss sufferers.

The following are the red flags:

1) All of a sudden we hear that Devon is not getting a buzz cut in the trial

2) Follicept is wanting to provide a pulse therapy and charge higher $$$$ from the first trial . The sudden increase in price is weird and change of frequency is questionable

We are placing confidence in Follicept and I hope my red flags are proven wrong. I want a cure for this as much as everyone else.

Devon, we are not asking forum trials but for God's sake we demand a fair and proper one person trial before we buy the Indiegogo.

Please buzz cut your hair, take proper pictures with lighting and let us know if this work or not work.

If it does not work, we will still gracefully accept your honesty!

All the best Devon! Looking forward to you in a buzz cut soon. Can't wait for the trials!
            This isn't necessarily due to dishonesty, but can simply be because we are still very early in the process. Some adjustments are to be expected.

Comment

• nameless
              • Feb 2013

Yes some adjustments are expected. I agree.

It's understandable that Devon does not want a buzz cut but a very short cut is best for tallying the results.

Also, I do think that using e.coli derived chemical versus human chemical could possibly make a big difference. We are talking about the active therapeutic ingredient of the treatment after all.

Comment

• serenemoon
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by TheUltimatePoet
                This isn't necessarily due to dishonesty, but can simply be because we are still very early in the process. Some adjustments are to be expected.
                That is really what I was thinking, We "see" their adjustments precisely because they are telling us everything. If they didn't, we wouldn't even know that adjustments are happening. We would just get an end product but we would have no idea what went into the actual process, what adjustments were made.

Comment

• TheUltimatePoet
                  • Jul 2011

Exactly.

As for Devon getting a buzz-cut: I don't think he was the only one in this first test. There are others. Maybe some of them have buzz-cuts which will make it easier to see.

Comment

• dus
                    • Mar 2015

Some adjustments that require more dollars upfront. Everything is going to plan. Oh hi guyz I have a possible couple billion dollar product here but I ain't getting a buzzcut to prove it... **** that shit.

Comment

• schtif
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dus
                      Some adjustments that require more dollars upfront. Everything is going to plan. Oh hi guyz I have a possible couple billion dollar product here but I ain't getting a buzzcut to prove it... **** that shit.
                      I Agree. At first I was quite optimistic. But all those new accounts, "fighting" the sceptical people. Now the adjustment of the the price. First create a hpye, sell the product as expensiv as possible and then run. I am not sure, but it just seems to fit. Well, dosent matter anyhow, let's see how the "trial" goes.

And - I know - my first post. I could be working for some big pharma company trying to stop this. Yeah, sure. If this is working as good as follicept claims, not even Darth Vader with an army of Death Stars could stop them.

Comment

• amoksha
                        • Apr 2015

Guys, honestly, I think Keki seems like a paid company rep. He is so blind it's not even funny. I'm neither for or against follicept. I'm in the middle and "cautiously optimistic" but this Keki guy is a shady character. He agrees to everything and does not disagree to a single point. We have people like Serenemoon, Frenchnewbie and others who are new but they are cautiously optimistic and waiting for results.

People like Keki are fiercely marketeer type and scary.

We all love Devon and follicept, I think he's doing a great service to research this cure, but parrots and people like Keki just ruin any efforts Devon or Follicept makes.

There's a 50/50 chance this might work or it might not work. In either case, it's a lesson learn.

Just don't listen or waste time arguing with Keki. His tone sounds very deceptive and folli-ceptic..

Comment

• stayhopeful
                          • Feb 2013

Guys, honestly, I think Keki seems like a paid company rep. He is so blind it's not even funny. I'm neither for or against follicept. I'm in the middle and "cautiously optimistic" but this Keki guy is a shady character. He agrees to everything and does not disagree to a single point. We have people like Serenemoon, Frenchnewbie and others who are new but they are cautiously optimistic and waiting for results.

We all love Devon and follicept, I think he's doing a great service to research this cure, but parrots and people like Keki just ruin any efforts Devon or Follicept makes.

There's a 50/50 chance this might work or it might not work. In either case, it's a lesson learn.

Just don't listen or waste time arguing with Keki. His tone sounds very deceptive and folli-ceptic..
                          I understand your concern, however, your personal attacks are highly unwarranted. To suggest that Devon and the Follicept members are on here using fake usernames is highly, highly insulting. Someone engaging in such actions (creating fake usernames to advertise) would be someone with no dignity. So by implication, you are suggesting that Devon and Dr. Hsu don't have dignity, which is highly insulting. Your concerns are understood but careful with your accusations

Comment

• amoksha
                            • Apr 2015

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm stating what many others are observing about Keki. Truth shall prevail..

Read my sentences carefully before jumping to the guns. I said he seems "like" a rep. If I said that he "is" that's different.

You are just extrapolating things .

Well it's just a matter of 2 weeks.

No arguments, just results ;-)

I'm hoping Keki is right and I hope Follicept is right. We all want a cure, but healthy skepticism is what keeps us and this forum alive.

I never mentioned Hsu and I never mentioned Devon. You're assuming that.

Comment

• Kokles
                              • Aug 2014

Seriously .... what's your IQ?

Comment

• amoksha
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Kokles
                                Seriously .... what's your IQ?
                                My IQ is as much as the number of hair follicles on your head. Go figure!

That's what you get for your insult and condescending attitude !

Truth shall prevail. 2 weeks! Just results, no arguments !!!

Comment

Working...