Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Blocking Setipriprant for New Hair Loss Treatment

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

bro how did your HT go?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

has anyone attempted to contact them in hopes of being a part of their POC trial?

Comment

• Trouse5858
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
        How come you're not on ru anymore? Are any of you guys on steady ru with success? Thinking of trying it out.
        I'm about 2 months into RU with what I'd say is moderate success. I've taken before pictures so when I finish up in about a month, I'll be able to (hopefully) assess how much regrowth there has been but there's definitely been at least a little. Slight gyno on right nipple but I'll add to the RU thread with more details when I've run out of this batch.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

I have been in contact with Kythera. They did confirm that they plan to go straight into a phase II study at the end of 2015/ or beginning of 2016 (so probably early-mid 2016 with how things work). Furthermore, if the results are positive they will be immediately going into a large phase III study.

Does anyone know if this could be released in Asia immediately after phase II?

Here's to hoping for positive results. The science is there, hopefully Cots' work wasn't for nothing because his credibility is riding on this as his discoveries are being put into trial.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
            I have been in contact with Kythera. They did confirm that they plan to go straight into a phase II study at the end of 2015/ or beginning of 2016 (so probably early-mid 2016 with how things work). Furthermore, if the results are positive they will be immediately going into a large phase III study.

Here's to hoping for positive results. The science is there, hopefully Cots' work wasn't for nothing because his credibility is riding on this as his discoveries are being put into trial.
            Excellent news. I had hoped it would be quicker, but this is good too. Hopefully they can file the NDA approval half way through phase 3, granting a somewhat earlier release.

Comment

• Gerhard
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FearTheLoss

This is both good and bad news. Good in the sense that they will definitely push forward with it. Bad in that we have yet another year to wait. I will tag this thread for a later date. Waiting around for updates would be exasperating. I want a cure, but constantly checking for one will drive me insane. For now all I can do is nibble at my propecia, hope my hair stays, and lift. Hopefully Cotsarelis pulls through - both for our sake and his own.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

I'm also hoping bim turns out to be good, and becomes available sometime relatively soon. Gotta cut down big time on the fin.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

I've been here 5 years, but have actually been following hair loss treatments since 2006. Just because some one signed up on a baseball forum in 2010, doesn't rule out that they have been watching baseball since 1993.

And to the poster who listed me as a negative member, i've done all I had to do to fight hairloss. FUE, fin, rogaine everyday, tried other crap for 9 years. Also, I come here like how many times a year? 3-4 times? How am I always crying?

Comment

• Scientalk56
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                    Let's see some treatments released, not press releases.
                    Exactly!!!!!!

Comment

• Scientalk56
                      • Nov 2012

for a moment i though u were talking about Histogen..
                      lol...

A moment of silence..

Comment

• Scientalk56
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Gerhard
                        This is both good and bad news. Good in the sense that they will definitely push forward with it. Bad in that we have yet another year to wait. I will tag this thread for a later date. Waiting around for updates would be exasperating. I want a cure, but constantly checking for one will drive me insane. For now all I can do is nibble at my propecia, hope my hair stays, and lift. Hopefully Cotsarelis pulls through - both for our sake and his own.
                        For a moment i though u were talking about Histogen..
                        lol..

A moment of silence

Comment

• Energizer
                          • Jan 2015

Earlier in this thread there was talk of regrowth as well as maintenance. Is there the possibility that this molecule will be used with a novel administration method for regrowth (wounding?)?

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

I know they know this works. A company worth $100 million wouldn't spend a tenth of it's money on HAIR LOSS treatment trials. I emphasize hair loss, because we know this has been like finding a needle in a haystack. They have found the needle and intend to make a lot of money.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              I know they know this works. A company worth $100 million wouldn't spend a tenth of it's money on HAIR LOSS treatment trials. I emphasize hair loss, because we know this has been like finding a needle in a haystack. They have found the needle and intend to make a lot of money.
                              They're worth $1B

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                                They're worth $1B
                                Sorry, I meant their available cash on hand. 1/10th is a lot.

Comment

Working...