Clinical trial starting using Jahoda's method !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by TravisB
    No way any of these stem cell/cloning techniques will be available in 3 years

    10-15 years - maybe

    But not 3 years

    Things progress with snail's pace in this business, you know

    The best thing that can come to us before 2020 is CB-03-01
    3 years? LOL, ARI spent around a decade squeezing money out of Aderans only to show anything but a full cure and fold. They even showed off timelines that had them released a product this year... actually, right about NOW; Q1 2014. God damn pathetic.

    We had Dr. Roland Lauster come out with a working solution 3+ years ago already... I don't see anyone bothered by that but I do see a lot of people running around saying there's going to be a solution within the NEXT three years... what the f*ck?! It's like some members are actually part of the society that loves to continually humiliate bald guys by giving us false hope.

    3 years, seriously? Based on what merit?

    Leave a comment:


  • TravisB
    replied
    Originally posted by nasazl1
    Forgot to add, it will be Follica (at any time) or Taiwan hair cloning and if one works I honestly believe within 3 years it will somehow be available, if not I'll live with what I've got.

    Now I'll leave this thread for the experts to interpret the success or failure of the Taiwan study but I'll silently wait for 3=4 months to see if cloning works. Have to admit at least it is finally a real possibility of a real solution, possibly finally.

    Good luck.
    No way any of these stem cell/cloning techniques will be available in 3 years

    10-15 years - maybe

    But not 3 years

    Things progress with snail's pace in this business, you know

    The best thing that can come to us before 2020 is CB-03-01

    Leave a comment:


  • nasazl1
    replied
    Forgot to add, it will be Follica (at any time) or Taiwan hair cloning and if one works I honestly believe within 3 years it will somehow be available, if not I'll live with what I've got.

    Now I'll leave this thread for the experts to interpret the success or failure of the Taiwan study but I'll silently wait for 3=4 months to see if cloning works. Have to admit at least it is finally a real possibility of a real solution, possibly finally.

    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • southern
    replied
    Desmond,
    I made some screen shots of the "Scalable production of controllable dermal papilla spheroids on PVA surfaces and the effects of spheroid size on hair follicle regeneration" study. I'll type them here as soon as I can.

    Leave a comment:


  • ytterligare
    replied
    However, something must have triggered the media's response two weeks ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravisB
    replied
    I just found another study lead by dr. Sung-Jan Lin



    It's about vitiligo or something

    Weirdly enough it has the exact same target number of participants (400) as the hairloss study, is also recruting, and all the dates are similar to the hairloss study

    IMO it's not a good sign that it's another study that didn't start since 2006

    Leave a comment:


  • Dazza
    replied
    Originally posted by TravisB
    When they find a preventative cure there will be NO NEED to find a regrowth cure
    Business wise what would you rather bring to market

    A pill to stop all baldness that can be sold relatively cheap

    Or

    A cell based procedure that can be sold at a high price

    Leave a comment:


  • TravisB
    replied
    How do we even know that thay are going to start trials soon?

    They are recruiting participants since 2006 so it takes them quite a long time. Why would they all of sudden be starting a trial?

    Besides why didn't anyone competent contact dr. Sung Jan-Lin yet?

    This is his e-mail

    jsjl2000tw@yahoo.com.tw

    EDIT:

    Ok, I've wrote him this e-mail:

    Hello doctor.

    Recently there are rumors that you will be starting the study soon.

    I'm talking about that study - http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00506636

    Can you confirm this?

    Also how long do you estimate the trial will take?

    Regards.
    I'm curious if I will even get the response

    Leave a comment:


  • nasazl1
    replied
    Ytterligare excellent points.

    The one thing that WE can say positive about hair loss that WHEN a treatment is found it will dramatically help other researchers in Stem Cell research such as how to grow teeth, and everything else. Due to us many other human health conditions will be solved and we are helping to stop human misery across multiple conditions in a big way. Told you I was an optimist.

    Now if Taiwan can just quickly wrap this up.

    Not sure if this is a Phase I, I was told Studies really do not have much Science thus maybe that term used in the story is wrong. But also just since the study is through Dec/2016 does not mean it could not end sooner, hopefully for the better. Or, if is just considered a Cosmetic Surgery, as they are calling it, then is it possible it could only take a very short time to be approved? Just a hope.

    Anyways, to me, this trial is it.


    Originally posted by ytterligare
    that's an interesting theory, but we have to remember that not only MPB "baldies" are interested in hair multiplication / regrowth techniques. Just think of people who lost their hair due to an accident or people who simply want to embellish their native hairline or density without getting scars caused by a conventional hair transplant. Or think about women who suffer way more than men from thin hair. Think about men that are irrelevant about their hair loss in early stages (or don't notice/care timely) and want their hair back after all. Think about people who are not ready (or able) to take one pill a day (if it is one) or repeat a treatment regularly (if it is one) or don't respond to the treatment. As for me, i think it's very unlikely that a preventative cure without side-effects which is capable of helping EVERYONE (be it man or women, MPB or non-MPB patient, child or adult) to keep 100% of one's hair, will appear out of thin air before we have hair multiplication available.

    Also remember that hair multiplication is aiming at developing a permanent solution against hair loss as a single treatment. We won't be able to stop hair loss from inside without a regular intervention into our hormones or the chemistry in our scalp. At least not until we can manipulate our genes.

    Leave a comment:


  • burtandernie
    replied
    I agree with most of what you say but I would personally much prefer a preventive cure to help me keep my hair verses a much bigger invasive procedure that costs a lot more money to get my hair back after its gone. Yeah though a true cure will be something like hair multiplication or something along that line but its going to be much more expensive, time consuming and so on compared to just keeping your hair.
    Personally I dont want to take a drug and I want a topical even if its more a hassle to use if its safer.

    Leave a comment:


  • ytterligare
    replied
    Originally posted by TravisB
    When they find a preventative cure there will be NO NEED to find a regrowth cure

    New generations will have hairloss problem solved forever, but the existing baldies will have to die bald anyways


    that's an interesting theory, but we have to remember that not only MPB "baldies" are interested in hair multiplication / regrowth techniques. Just think of people who lost their hair due to an accident or people who simply want to embellish their native hairline or density without getting scars caused by a conventional hair transplant. Or think about women who suffer way more than men from thin hair. Think about men that are irrelevant about their hair loss in early stages (or don't notice/care timely) and want their hair back after all. Think about people who are not ready (or able) to take one pill a day (if it is one) or repeat a treatment regularly (if it is one) or don't respond to the treatment. As for me, i think it's very unlikely that a preventative cure without side-effects which is capable of helping EVERYONE (be it man or women, MPB or non-MPB patient, child or adult) to keep 100% of one's hair, will appear out of thin air before we have hair multiplication available.

    Also remember that hair multiplication is aiming at developing a permanent solution against hair loss as a single treatment. We won't be able to stop hair loss from inside without a regular intervention into our hormones or the chemistry in our scalp. At least not until we can manipulate our genes.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravisB
    replied
    Originally posted by Westonci
    Lets just say theoretically in 3-6 months we find out that hair is indeed growing with good quality (density, color, angle etc.)

    And so we technically "cured" baldness.

    Instead of waiting for clinical trials. Would it be possible to fast track this procedure in countries like India?
    Why 3-6 months? If it's FDA Phase I trial (is it?), it should take 1-2 years at least.

    Even on the trial site it says "Estimated study completion date: December 2016"

    Leave a comment:


  • Westonci
    replied
    Lets just say theoretically in 3-6 months we find out that hair is indeed growing with good quality (density, color, angle etc.)

    And so we technically "cured" baldness.

    Instead of waiting for clinical trials. Would it be possible to fast track this procedure in countries like India?

    Leave a comment:


  • TravisB
    replied
    Originally posted by nasazl1
    Just remember this, if they find a preventative cure BEFORE people lose their hair then it is forever game over for us. I think Taiwan is our only hope and we will know 3-4 months. Since, I think a Preventative treatment will simply be a Pill that could be discovered at anytime whereas growing a hundred thousand Organs on your head is much more complicated.

    I am an optimist but I truly believe Taiwan is the only hope.
    That's a good point

    When they find a preventative cure there will be NO NEED to find a regrowth cure

    New generations will have hairloss problem solved forever, but the existing baldies will have to die bald anyways

    I'm 24 and I'm convinced that my generation will be the last generation to suffer from hairloss

    Maybe some kind of a cure will come in my 50s or 60s but then I'll be too old to care

    Leave a comment:


  • Sogeking
    replied
    Originally posted by nasazl1
    Just remember this, if they find a preventative cure BEFORE people lose their hair then it is forever game over for us. I think Taiwan is our only hope and we will know 3-4 months. Since, I think a Preventative treatment will simply be a Pill that could be discovered at anytime whereas growing a hundred thousand Organs on your head is much more complicated.

    I am an optimist but I truly believe Taiwan is the only hope.
    You won't know anything until they release their trial results and that might take 1-2 years. Besides we don't know exactly when they started, we don't know how many phases they will have, and if those patients signed non disclosure agreement we won't know anything.
    ON top of that normal plans get delayed so the trials might get prolonged. That is why we need to connect with someone in Taiwan. Who can at least here and there keep us in the loop by asking around in Taiwan or on their own web forums and social media( Asians have their own forums and some have their own social media sites).

    Leave a comment:

Working...