Clinical trial starting using Jahoda's method !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nasazl1
    replied
    I work with PhD's all the time I can provide a few tips. First, he is someone doing advanced research and things do not always workout thus Do Not Put Him On The Spot. Your questions need to be short, friendly and off the record, then go about your business that way you can always follow up a few months later.

    My suggestion:
    I would just mention something like this, Doctor your work on possible hair growth is very exciting. I have heard my friends talk about it in fact some of them have even talked about volunteering for the trial. I realize how much work it must be.

    1) When do plan to start the trials start so I can let them know?
    2) And when will it be over?

    3) By the way last question, If and that is a big IF everything goes all right how long until it will be available, 1-2 years?

    (The reason I mention 1-2 years is I guarantee you he will not want to answer that question at all but by mentioning 1-2 years you give him an out. He will say, No it will take longer than that. Then you say maybe 3-4 years? and listen to see if he says Maybe.

    Then just tell him he is doing Great Work and go about your business.

    PhD's are very busy and they do not have time to chit chat and they especially do not want to go on the record and look bad in case their experiment does not work out.



    Originally posted by maomao
    Well, I stayed out of this for a while, as you know how paranoid us lot are about our identities. But as it looks promising I'll give up a bit more of my info

    So anyway, NTUH is down the road from my house - so if you need someone to go and investigate there, I can do once I get back there next month.

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    This is him by the way:






    "He received the “Award for Junior Research Investigators in Life Science” from Academia Sinica, Taiwan, the “Ta-You Wu Memorial Award” from National Science Council, Taiwan” and “Basic Research Award” from Asia-Pacific La Roche-Posay Foundation. He has served on the editorial boards of ISRN Tissue Engineering, and Dermatologica Sinica. He is also the Vice CEO of the Research Center for Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine of National Taiwan University."

    This is some bright kid !
    Looks one million times more legitimate than Dr. Nigam.

    Leave a comment:


  • HairBane
    replied
    Originally posted by maomao
    Haha, wandering the corridors like a hair obsessed loon - sure - but like I said, it won't be until next month

    I don't know anything about the science you guys are talking about though - so if you want me to ask those things, I'll need a script.
    I'm sure we could have some of the more knowledgeable forum members write up a script. Maybe you could arrange a brief ~10 minute interview and tell him it's going to be posted on the 'most visited hair loss site on the internet'.

    Leave a comment:


  • maomao
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...5&postcount=76

    But still, maybe if you can go there, try to find that guy " Sung-Jan Lin, MD PhD", who surely must be walking around there somewhere and then just ask him some questions, he might be willing to answer them.
    Haha, wandering the corridors like a hair obsessed loon - sure - but like I said, it won't be until next month

    I don't know anything about the science you guys are talking about though - so if you want me to ask those things, I'll need a script.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    This is him by the way:






    "He received the “Award for Junior Research Investigators in Life Science” from Academia Sinica, Taiwan, the “Ta-You Wu Memorial Award” from National Science Council, Taiwan” and “Basic Research Award” from Asia-Pacific La Roche-Posay Foundation. He has served on the editorial boards of ISRN Tissue Engineering, and Dermatologica Sinica. He is also the Vice CEO of the Research Center for Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine of National Taiwan University."

    This is some bright kid !

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by maomao
    Has anyone already emailed them?
    In this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2551177/Bald-Now-theres-jab-make-hair-grow-back.html They mention Jahoda's method but more interesting, they mention that a clinical trial is starting in Taiwan, using his breakthrough finding from last year: Not sure who's behind the trial and if they even are


    But still, maybe if you can go there, try to find that guy " Sung-Jan Lin, MD PhD", who surely must be walking around there somewhere and then just ask him some questions, he might be willing to answer them.

    Leave a comment:


  • maomao
    replied
    Has anyone already emailed them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by maomao
    Well, I stayed out of this for a while, as you know how paranoid us lot are about our identities. But as it looks promising I'll give up a bit more of my info

    So anyway, NTUH is down the road from my house - so if you need someone to go and investigate there, I can do once I get back there next month.
    This would be really wonderful. If you can get ANY information regarding the clinical trial, that would be great. Like, when are they planning to start, on what basis do they start it (I mean they must have booked some preclinical successes of culturing DP cells), things like that would be really great to hear !

    Leave a comment:


  • maomao
    replied
    Well, I stayed out of this for a while, as you know how paranoid us lot are about our identities. But as it looks promising I'll give up a bit more of my info

    So anyway, NTUH is down the road from my house - so if you need someone to go and investigate there, I can do once I get back there next month.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by k3nk3n
    Most importantly, what is very interesting is on the last set of pictures towards the bottom: it's shows a patient before and after pictures in just 15 DAYS!
    LOL, that's of course impossible. And I'm sure the Taiwanese researchers didnt post that picture (or claim a success like that in 15 days). If you look up their research, it becomes very fast clear that these guys are the real deal. They're not some Dr Nigams.

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by k3nk3n
    it's shows a patient before and after pictures in just 15 DAYS!
    This?

    Leave a comment:


  • k3nk3n
    replied
    禿頭的民眾有福了,很多已經頂上無毛的患者,為了找回三千煩惱絲,願意花大錢,用手術的方式挖東牆補西牆種毛囊植髮,但往往受限於毛囊數量不夠,常常是植髮後,髮量看起來還是稀稀疏疏,國衛院的最新研究,利用組織工程技術,在體外培養可以長出毛囊的「真皮乳突細胞」,再注射到體內,長出毛囊就能生髮,目前動物實驗已經成功,40天就能長出新毛髮,不過醫師說,要應用到人體,最快恐怕要再等10年。


    I tried to look for more info in chinese but can pretty much find nothing within these 3 years. However, I did find something back from 2009. It was reported on the Taiwanese TV that the fastest the product will be available is at least 10 years from 2009 (I know, that 10 years away crap again). Most importantly, what is very interesting is on the last set of pictures towards the bottom: it's shows a patient before and after pictures in just 15 DAYS!

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by ytterligare
    damn, I would even travel to Irak and hop over a few landmines if a cure was offered there...
    I'd go much further than Iraq and swim through the ganges river to get a real non-nigam cure.

    Leave a comment:


  • southern
    replied
    Originally posted by southern
    It is possible that a remodeling process after DP spheroid transplantation may reshape or resize the DP spheroid during HF regeneration, leading to variation of thickness of regenerated hair. Further work to mantain the integrity of implanted DP spheroid, such as modification of the extracelular matrix or enhancement of the extracellular adhesion, may help to control the size of regenerated HFs.
    Also of note is that, in our experiment, we used new born mouse keratinocytes from the trunk for HF induction in hair regeneration assay. The trunk pelage hair from mice is thinner than rat whiskers and human scalp terminal hair. In feathers it has been shown that origin of keratinocytes can affect the final architecture of regenerated follicles. It is possible that in our conditions new born mouse keratinocytes play an instrucitve role in determining the final thickness of hair fibers, and both human and rat DP spheroids regenerate hairs thinner than that of the original follicles where DP cells were derived.
    (...)It has been shown that specific morphogen singaling pathways, such as BMP, noggin, Wnts/b-catenin, etc. are able to affect the size of follicles in the developmetnal stage. In combination with the ability to control DP spheroids size reported here, we will be able to test whether we can control the size of regenerated HFs through manipulating this signaling pathways in DP spheroids.
    If I remember correctly this study was published in jan-2013. It would be interesting to know if they were able to figure out how to control the hair thickness before starting the current trial.

    Leave a comment:


  • ytterligare
    replied
    damn, I would even travel to Irak and hop over a few landmines if a cure was offered there...

    Leave a comment:

Working...