Is pilofocus the closest cure?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Hicks
    I didn't bring up Regeneration once with Cole on my HT. I don't recall him mentioning it. If it regenerates then great, if not OK. IMO it's next to impossible to track if a hair regenerates unless you do an inch by inch square at the donor AND recipient area. What if the follicle is in the resting stage?
    Just do a very small cluster of follicles, like 5-10 follicles and implant those into a recipient area and mark BOTH with a small tattoo dot. 5-10 are easy to track.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hicks
    replied
    I didn't bring up Regeneration once with Cole on my HT. I don't recall him mentioning it. If it regenerates then great, if not OK. IMO it's next to impossible to track if a hair regenerates unless you do an inch by inch square at the donor AND recipient area. What if the follicle is in the resting stage?

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Joker
    Hellouser,

    Correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't see any regrowth at all in Dr. Cole's experiment. I very clearly see the hairless gaps where he extracted follicles. He also provides no pictures of the hairs after they've been transplanted in the recipient area to see if they grow.

    This is why people, myself included, get so skeptical of regeneration claims. I hope Wesley's experience is different.
    Agreed.

    We made a pretty solid push for a 50 graft test with HASCI's dubious claims of regeneration, we should make a similar push for Dr. Cole to show what ACELL can do for regeneration. I'm sure it'll be significantly easier to find someone in or near Georgia, USA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joker
    replied
    Hellouser,

    Correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't see any regrowth at all in Dr. Cole's experiment. I very clearly see the hairless gaps where he extracted follicles. He also provides no pictures of the hairs after they've been transplanted in the recipient area to see if they grow.

    This is why people, myself included, get so skeptical of regeneration claims. I hope Wesley's experience is different.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarence
    replied
    Originally posted by Number47
    You guys are acting like spoiled kids, who cares if you consider it or not, you think that if it doesn't offer regrowth just cause you say you won't consider it some how dr.Wesley will panic and pull it out of his ass?
    Some guys here have been interested in pilofocus since claims of regrowth. And this interest will hastly perish, if the claims of regrowth, made by Dr. Wesley himself, turn out to be baloney. Dr. Wesley's gotta pull it out of somewhere to justify his claims.

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Joker
    Just reviving this in the interim period before we get more news about Dr. Wesley's trial.

    Artista, you've stated that there is anecdotal evidence of donor hair regrowth. I was wondering if there is any evidence of growth in recipient area at the same time.

    Several doctors have been able to get hair to regrow in the donor, but those hairs then don't seem to grow in the recipient area. Does Dr. Wesley have a mechanism to test this? I was sort of hoping that the survival studies he did on some patient (that showed recipient growth as strong as FUT) were also done to the patients who exhibited some degree of donor regrowth.

    If you can't speak to this, or if any of this is confidential, don't worry about it. Just trying to create idle conversation.
    Check out these pics from Dr. Cole's 12 graft test using ACELL:



    That might give some insight as to how ACELL may work with Pilofocus... let's hope it does.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joker
    replied
    Just reviving this in the interim period before we get more news about Dr. Wesley's trial.

    Artista, you've stated that there is anecdotal evidence of donor hair regrowth. I was wondering if there is any evidence of growth in recipient area at the same time.

    Several doctors have been able to get hair to regrow in the donor, but those hairs then don't seem to grow in the recipient area. Does Dr. Wesley have a mechanism to test this? I was sort of hoping that the survival studies he did on some patient (that showed recipient growth as strong as FUT) were also done to the patients who exhibited some degree of donor regrowth.

    If you can't speak to this, or if any of this is confidential, don't worry about it. Just trying to create idle conversation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Number47
    replied
    You guys are acting like spoiled kids, who cares if you consider it or not, you think that if it doesn't offer regrowth just cause you say you won't consider it some how dr.Wesley will panic and pull it out of his ass?

    A no scar procedure will sell no matter what, if it proves to work, Wesley will be forever known as the man who invented it, he will become even richer and you will be still be here hoping that some small biotech with a pipe dream and a 1/1000 chance to get it right will bring it in the next 5-20 years.

    Reality check guys, get a grip! doctors are not your moms to bitch to until they get you the toy you want. Your toy doesn't exist yet...live with it cause its getting pathetic!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sogeking
    replied
    Thanks for the update Artista. I'm glad things are progressing but I will not consider pilofocus unless it can offer good donor regrowth.

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Artista
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Dr Wesley and I had a talk on Skype ,Thursday 2/13/14 .
    He wanted to update me on his innovative new method(s) mainly because I will be one of his next phase test patients this coming springtime.
    (and because he knows that I can be TRUSTED with confidential information)
    Now I cannot really get into specific details but I can say this...,again, I was deeply impressed with the progress.
    His new instrumentation is amazing and will play a a big part in this new Pilofocus method.
    Again guys, Do yourselves a favor - dont go by any speculations i.e. the time frame in which it will be available , donor regeneration etc.
    In time everyone will see what this is all about once Dr Wesley is ready to share and offer it to the general public.

    In regards to Dr Wesley's Pilofocus' new technology is concerned, things are progressing, the newer instrumentation is functioning properly
    (on test cadaveric tissue), and that an upcoming delay will simply be due to ensuring that all manufacturing methods and sterilization methods are up to snuff prior to the clinical trial.
    In other words, the newly updated endoscopic instruments are doing GREAT.
    Things are still coming along as planned: in a methodical and responsible manner.
    Ill be a phase test patient in either April or May. June at the latest.
    These are exciting times.
    If only you guys had seen what Spencer Kobren and I had seen during the first quarter of 2013.
    Stay strong and Hang in there especially you young guys!!
    Ugh. Delays... always delays.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlidfort
    replied
    The product will speak for itself. Until then, everything is pure speculation until it's been tested and proven.

    Leave a comment:


  • Artista
    replied
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Dr Wesley and I had a talk on Skype ,Thursday 2/13/14 .
    He wanted to update me on his innovative new method(s) mainly because I will be one of his next phase test patients this coming springtime.
    (and because he knows that I can be TRUSTED with confidential information)
    Now I cannot really get into specific details but I can say this...,again, I was deeply impressed with the progress.
    His new instrumentation is amazing and will play a a big part in this new Pilofocus method.
    Again guys, Do yourselves a favor - dont go by any speculations i.e. the time frame in which it will be available , donor regeneration etc.
    In time everyone will see what this is all about once Dr Wesley is ready to share and offer it to the general public.

    In regards to Dr Wesley's Pilofocus' new technology is concerned, things are progressing, the newer instrumentation is functioning properly
    (on test cadaveric tissue), and that an upcoming delay will simply be due to ensuring that all manufacturing methods and sterilization methods are up to snuff prior to the clinical trial.
    In other words, the newly updated endoscopic instruments are doing GREAT.
    Things are still coming along as planned: in a methodical and responsible manner.
    Ill be a phase test patient in either April or May. June at the latest.
    These are exciting times.
    If only you guys had seen what Spencer Kobren and I had seen during the first quarter of 2013.
    Stay strong and Hang in there especially you young guys!!

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlidfort
    replied
    Originally posted by hellouser
    So does BTT's MySQL database.
    You get the point lol

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by cichlidfort
    I have it in writing
    So does BTT's MySQL database.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlidfort
    replied
    Originally posted by Artista
    Hi FTL I most certainly WILL update everyone here ..
    Those phase test trials will begin sometime in 'early' Spring this year.
    No worries,,I will NOT 'disappear' from the radar.
    I have it in writing

    Leave a comment:

Working...