Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Look people, this study could be a real gift: a way to regrow hair using a relatively cheap implement, and a substance that you can buy cheaply in any pharmacy! As basic as it gets. It really is worth the effort to try and prove (or disprove).

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
      Look people, this study could be a real gift: a way to regrow hair using a relatively cheap implement, and a substance that you can buy cheaply in any pharmacy! As basic as it gets. It really is worth the effort to try and prove (or disprove).
      Do you guys think this will do?
      Get beautiful skin with our Derma Rollers in Australia. Surgical-grade needles repair and rejuvenate. Shop now with Afterpay!

Comment

• LevonHelms
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Kiwi
        Do you guys think this will do?
        http://www.dermaroller.co.nz/homecareroller
        Yep. That's the same one I have, made by Rejuveness. Seems fairly sturdy.

Whoa Kiwi, I just looked at the price. $129 is way too much, and that's a .25mm in the starter kit. I bought two rollers just like that one in a 1.5mm and .5mm on Amazon for a total of $60. And you can buy the c & e serum(for your face) if you want for around $25.

Comment

• Kiwi
          • Mar 2011

Do you guys think dermarolling for a month without minox might lesson the chances of minox shedding?

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by LevonHelms
            Yep. That's the same one I have, made by Rejuveness. Seems fairly sturdy.

Whoa Kiwi, I just looked at the price. $129 is way too much, and that's a .25mm in the starter kit. I bought two rollers just like that one in a 1.5mm and .5mm on Amazon for a total of $60. And you can buy the c & e serum(for your face) if you want for around $25.
            60 bucks? my dermaroller was like 12 bucks.

Comment

• Conpecia
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
              I definitely agree with Tracy that we need to stick to trying to replicate the pilot study's treatment protocol to test the generalisability *before* we collectively attempt anything further. We have to learn to walk before we can run.
              No.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                • Jul 2013

First I want to say that everyone had the right to their opinion, and that means we might disagree with each other. Let us not gang up on Tracy, I know she is like beacon here because she is the only girl and a well known respected emember.

Anyways, it has been over a month with me and I took pics before the trial and buzzed my head pretty short, 1mm. I now have the hair longer and I will be posting some pics tomorrow as I am typing this on my phone. I dont know how much it has helped because as some have pointed out, it's hard to see a difference when hair has grown. It is still very bad, but I think it worked a bit.

Comment

• LevonHelms
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by john2399
                  60 bucks? my dermaroller was like 12 bucks.
                  Well, 2 at $30 a pop. The first one I bought was 10-15 bucks by MT. I wanted to see if there was any difference in quality. Honestly I liked the handle of the cheaper MT better, but the rolling pin started squeaking and binding last week. Hence the switch.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LevonHelms
                    Well, 2 at $30 a pop. The first one I bought was 10-15 bucks by MT. I wanted to see if there was any difference in quality. Honestly I liked the handle of the cheaper MT better, but the rolling pin started squeaking and binding last week. Hence the switch.

Mine is also squeaking, but it should still work. God... Why did we have to be cursed with this desease, I think it might be worse than cranialpagus parasiticus .

Comment

• doke
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                      Mine is also squeaking, but it should still work. God... Why did we have to be cursed with this desease, I think it might be worse than cranialpagus parasiticus .
                      Squeaking i only thought the mice trials for hairloss caused that hahaha put a little drop of olive oil on the spindle that may cure it.

Comment

• doke
                        • Jun 2009

I was getting good results from dermarolling everyday with the 0.5mm roller but uping it to 1.5mm may produce better results im wondering if using it every other day and minox with azeilac acid in every day but at night only 2mls.
                        Any thoughts on that as long as you go easy at first with the roller although i have not got the roller out of its rapping yet.

Comment

• Koga
                          • Aug 2013

I would advise against rolling every other day with 1.5mm, since after I roll with mine my scalp feels a bit sore and different for at least 3 days after. You should roll once with the 1.5mm and see how you feel day by day.

But if you're rolling for the wounding effect, wouldn't then it would make sense to let the scalp repair and recover, and let your follicles benefit from the growth factors being released, before wounding it again?

Comment

• HARIRI
                            • Nov 2012

Read this Guys:-

Dermaroller for Home Use

The modern-day magic wand of skin care
                            Are you really happy with the results of your skincare, or do you think they could be better? Did you know that only minor fractions (maximum 0.3%!) of the active substance of your favourite cream can penetrate the surface of your skin? The majority of it – 99.7% – is wasted on your towel, pillow or cotton-pads. So if you want to dramatically increase the effectiveness of your skincare products and treatments then you need a dermaroller for home use!

Description of the dermaroller

Our dermaroller for home use is a cosmetic skin tool that dramatically increases the penetration and effectiveness of active substances up to 40 times compared to normal topical creaming. By rolling the cylinder on the skin’s surface you create micro-channels that effortlessly drive active vitamins, lipids and substances deeper into your skin, whilst stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process.

Features

Our roller has nearly 200 stainless-steel micro points that painlessly create thousands of tiny channels in the outer layer of the skin, allowing vitamins, enzymes and lipids to penetrate more deeply. Needle tips or micro-points are so fine they can barely be seen with the naked eye and only penetrate the epidermis and cannot reach the dermis.

Homecare Roller
                            The length of the needles in our dermaroller for home use is .25mm. This roller is perfect for treating your face and other delicate areas

Advanced Roller

The length of the needles in our advanced roller is .5mm. This roller is suited for treating cellulite or stretch marks because the skin is thicker. It is also ideal for those who have used our dermaroller starter pack and require a more advanced at home treatment. This roller will induce some collagen and dramatically increase product penetration.

Warning

Please do not be fooled into thinking that longer needles are superior and will give better results! At dr. dermacare your safety comes first. This is why we refuse to sell rollers with longer needles to our retail customers. We have been selling rollers for over 5 years, long before the influx of websites that clearly put ‘profit before principles’ came along. Our knowledge experience and research clearly tells us that you can cause permanent damage to the nerves and muscles beneath your skin if you roll regularly with longer needles.

Needles longer than .5mm should only be used by professionals for medical treatments.

Benefits of the homecare dermaroller when used in conjunction with active substances:

The process is entirely natural
                            Dramatically increases the penetration of your skincare products and treatments.
                            Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
                            Visibly reduces scarring, sun damage and pigmentation
                            Skin becomes thicker and healthier
                            Dermaroller can be used at home use or anywhere
                            The process is pain free
                            There is no damage to the skin
                            It can be used on thin skin
                            Supports collagen and elastin repair
                            It can be used on all areas of the face, neck and body
                            It is cost-effective, and lasts up to 120 applications
                            Enhances Iontophoresis and Sonophoresis treatments

Use of the dermaroller

Apply a thin layer of your chosen dr. dermacare skincare product and ‘roll’ it gently into your skin with the roller. Only a medium pressure should initially be applied. Scientific data is based on rolling 10-15 times in the same area in all directions. In this case around 240 microinfiltration- pores per square centimetre are set. The pores close within minutes thus locking in nutrients and supporting skin renewal.
                            When you purchase a roller from us it will come with detailed instructions

Indications for Use

Suitable for all skin types except for use on active acne, eczema, warts, moles and skin cancers. It should be used only and exclusively by the same person. The infiltration channels are closed in less than one hour after the treatment.

How to use the dr. dermacare roller for hairloss:

The roller can and should be used with every application of an anti-hairloss product. We recommend Minoxidil. The use is absolutely pain-free and the invisible micro perforation of the skin disappears in minutes. The topical product has to be applied first then use the roller with light to medium pressure.

Very important – Roll 2-3 times over the same spot but only in one direction. If you roll back and forth you will tangle your existing hair in the roller. Always roll away from the hair root. Use your hands to keep existing hair out of your way as good as possible.

Comment

• Koga
                              • Aug 2013

yikes Hariri, that's kind of scary.. I don't want permanent nerve or muscle damage. But then again, what they are talking about is more for increased penetration of minoxidil and skin care products. I'm sure they aren't talking about wounding which is what we are going after, which they probably don't know about. So the 1.5mm might be needed. Does anyone know how deep hair follicles are?

Comment

• DesperateOne
                                • Jul 2013

Well here are my photos, it's been about a month and a week that I used this procedure. I have kept it basically the same as the study, but I do get some sun for 15 mins now, and vitamin D3. Been on fin for about 3 years now.

I buzzed my hair on top around 2mm, and it should be about 4mm or so now. Sorry but this is going to have to do for now, until I have to buzz it down more, I don't know if there is any improvement, I think I have gotten some thickness. Well you be the judge, there is not many pics but oh well. I think with a little longer hair and some dermatch, I might be able to pull a relatively passable look, do you think?

Comment

Working...