Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Space
    Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?
    Yes, there could be. I posted an article from the 1980s about a man being a scalp burn victim. Once his wounds healed, he regrew all of his hair in the burned area.

Comment

• walrus
      • Feb 2012

Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?
      This is what I am currently trying myself.

Comment

• Gjm127
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by walrus
        This is what I am currently trying myself.
        The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.

Comment

• Space
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Gjm127
          The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.
          This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.
            The shed always comes back either to its same previous density or better. It just may take a while for it to happen.

Comment

• LevonHelms
              • Jul 2013

Apparently Dr. Nigam has spoken with one of the researchers involved in the study, and plans to meet with her. I'd like to be a fly on that wall.

Excerpt from Dr. Nigam's reply to critics;

"4)You criticize me for having allowed Boldy to help me..I find no harm in the same..I speak to top researchers like Gerd, Jahoda,Stenn,Michael,Rajesh and many others...Boldy saved my time by finding the relevant published work which i needed....I have also spoke to Dr Thurat who did dermaroller study with minox..she and I will met shortly as she is from Mumbai."

Comment

• walrus
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Gjm127
                First I am trying only dermarolling once per week on my temples without minoxidil.

Comment

• Pentarou
                  • Apr 2013

Question before I pull the trigger on buying a derma roller: is it mandatory to buzz or shave your hair down to use a roller successfully?

Comment

• walrus
                    • Feb 2012

Nope, if you roll once each direction (instead of backwards and forwards), hair won't get tangled.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bigentries
                      If the study is legit, the results should be reproducible, if they aren't, most of the speculation is probably going to lead nowhere.
                      Exactly.

Originally posted by bigentries
                      First we need enough experiences with the study as it is, then we can play armchair scientists, but we need at least 12 weeks to be sure.
                      To truly reproduce the pilot study everything needs to be exactly the same and it needs to be twelve weeks. To truly determine if it is better than using Minoxidil alone would take twelve months.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by the_dude78
                        I do belong here...I'm a balding man. This a forum for balding men.
                        The Bald Truth is for both men and women who suffer with hereditary hair loss.

I said get off that soap box. You do not belong on it.

Originally posted by Pentarou
                        If you mean the experimentation going on...
                        No. You don't get it.

Originally posted by HARIRI
                        Guys any thoughts about length of the needle? Should it really be 1.5mm to benefit from it?
                        If you hope to achieve similar results reported in the pilot study, you need to follow the methodology as close to exact as possible.

Originally posted by hellouser
                        I wouldnt trust any claims from eBay over BTT members... except for one obvious member.
                        Oh come on. Pull your head out of your butt fool. If you ever do you will find that I have been right a whole lot more than you will ever agree to admit.

Comment

• luca10
                          • May 2013

Continues growth PrettyFly83?

Comment

• PrettyFly83
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by luca10
                            Continues growth PrettyFly83?
                            I'll post pics at the end of the month as this will be the three month mark as per the study. Only been two weeks since my last pics

Comment

• brunobald
                              • Jul 2013

It would be nice to have all the pics in one place, so they could be collated into one .pdf file that anyone can download.

We could set up a free cloud storage account or use something like photobucket. Them each participant would upload the pics with stirct file naming of the photos. Something like...
                              • Brunobald_Base_line.jpg
                              • Brunobald_Wk3.jpg
                              • Brunobald_Wk6.jpg
                              • Brunobald_Wk9.jpg

and so on

This means someone can opt to do the job of creating a document with all the results and it would be easy to find and arrange in the correct order, without having to go through this whole thread and download each one.

Comment

• PrettyFly83
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by brunobald
                                It would be nice to have all the pics in one place, so they could be collated into one .pdf file that anyone can download.

We could set up a free cloud storage account or use something like photobucket. Them each participant would upload the pics with stirct file naming of the photos. Something like...
                                • Brunobald_Base_line.jpg
                                • Brunobald_Wk3.jpg
                                • Brunobald_Wk6.jpg
                                • Brunobald_Wk9.jpg

and so on

This means someone can opt to do the job of creating a document with all the results and it would be easy to find and arrange in the correct order, without having to go through this whole thread and download each one.
                                This is a good idea Bruno - you could include a paragraph stating each persons regime that way compare any differences in results with the treatment method. As owner of the thread, Hellouser you interested in this?

Comment

Working...